Home

HUT scoring still a joke

This is a discussion on HUT scoring still a joke within the EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 09:10 PM   #1
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
HUT scoring still a joke

I see they have not corrected the single greatest thing that ruins HUT. You can still totally out play your opponent and outshoot him 32-7 and still lose 4-2 as the step over the line and shoot floaters still go. Nothing says screw all your hard work and team building like losing half your games this way. Disgusting
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: HUT scoring still a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I see they have not corrected the single greatest thing that ruins HUT. You can still totally out play your opponent and outshoot him 32-7 and still lose 4-2 as the step over the line and shoot floaters still go. Nothing says screw all your hard work and team building like losing half your games this way. Disgusting
I'm not really seeing this in Draft Champions.....haven't taken my HUT team online yet.

I always out shoot my opponent but you need quality scoring chances to score...you should put some videos up of your games or portions showing you're better scoring chances so we can help you out.

I'm not a prolific scorer but sometimes a few simple changes can get pucks to go in....I score a lot of goals from screened point shots and rebounds...on the rush it's either a one-time....big shot from a big scorer at the top of the high slot....or a wrister where you try and pull the goalie off the post before aiming back at that top corner.

Post some vids.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:49 PM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
I'm not really seeing this in Draft Champions.....haven't taken my HUT team online yet.

I always out shoot my opponent but you need quality scoring chances to score...you should put some videos up of your games or portions showing you're better scoring chances so we can help you out.

I'm not a prolific scorer but sometimes a few simple changes can get pucks to go in....I score a lot of goals from screened point shots and rebounds...on the rush it's either a one-time....big shot from a big scorer at the top of the high slot....or a wrister where you try and pull the goalie off the post before aiming back at that top corner.

Post some vids.
It has nothing to do with making the best of your scoring chances it has to do with the idiotic randomness of flioating goals. I've been on both ends and it's not fun. 3 of my last 4 games saw it.

First game guy scores 3 goals against me on first 3 shots he takes just stepping over the line and shooting. I lose 3-2 despite outshooting him 19-10. 3 goals on 10 shots

Second game I score on my 2 shots and at the end of the 1st period I have only 3 shots on goal. At the end of the second just 7 total shots and win the game 4-2 despite being outshot 22-11. 4 goals on 11 shots

Third game was a good solid game I won 3-2 shots were 19-17 me.

Fourth Game guy scores on his first 2 shots I go on to lose 3-1 he has 12 shots to my 15. 3 goals on 12 shots.

It's not just the idiotic shooting percentage but it always seems to be early quick goals on the first couple poorly taken shots. This was prevelant last year too.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:22 PM   #4
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Good God I just had another game. All the guy did was spam poke check and step over the line and shoot into the crowd. 1st shot goal. End of the 1st I'm down 2-0 on 3 shots all floaters my goalie can't seem to save. Lost 4-2 out shot him 22-12. 4 goals on 12 shots meanwhile I actually try and set up but that results in fantastic saves. One of my 2 goals was point floater. I don't know why o complain EA does not care about putting out a competitive game they only care about getting our money and judging by the stacked teams they are getting a lot of it.
Old 09-22-2017, 08:31 AM   #5
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Good God I just had another game. All the guy did was spam poke check and step over the line and shoot into the crowd. 1st shot goal. End of the 1st I'm down 2-0 on 3 shots all floaters my goalie can't seem to save. Lost 4-2 out shot him 22-12. 4 goals on 12 shots meanwhile I actually try and set up but that results in fantastic saves. One of my 2 goals was point floater. I don't know why o complain EA does not care about putting out a competitive game they only care about getting our money and judging by the stacked teams they are getting a lot of it.
This is one thing I don’t understand in general. How teams (EASHL) and versus games players spam the poke, defensive skill stick, and stick lifts and get away with it. I do it once or twice and I go to the box. They also do the above and pick up the puck immediately and are full speed burst the other way in .2 seconds.

Cracks me up.

Feels like I’m playing a different game than they are.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #6
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
This is one thing I don’t understand in general. How teams (EASHL) and versus games players spam the poke, defensive skill stick, and stick lifts and get away with it. I do it once or twice and I go to the box. They also do the above and pick up the puck immediately and are full speed burst the other way in .2 seconds.

Cracks me up.

Feels like I’m playing a different game than they are.
That and I love knocking someone to the ice yet they somehow can get up and still control the puck faster than your already standing and skating guy can. This is an issue offline as well. I think it's funny I went out of my way to get the LL Synergy that amongst other things boosts your entire teams discipline....since then I went from 1-2 penalties a game to 5-6 lol
Old 09-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Man, aren't you the same guy who is struggling so much with MLB the show and complaining that the game is out to get You? I haven't played much online other than EASHL but in the few vs games I've played and handful of hut games I've played, I've dominated and won easily. I've seen 1 floater goal in those say 10 games otherwise I don't let him get good scoring chances or really get the puck and float much.

Maybe and this isn't to be mean but you may have yo alter how you play online or maybe just stop playing online

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by oilersfan99; 09-24-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:56 AM   #8
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan99
Man, aren't you the same guy who is struggling so much with MLB the show and complaining that the game is out to get You? I haven't played much online other than EASHL but in the few vs games I've played and handful of hut games I've played, I've dominated and won easily. I've seen 1 floater goal in those say 10 games otherwise I don't let him get good scoring chances or really get the puck and float much.

Maybe and this isn't to be mean but you may have yo alter how you play online or maybe just stop playing online

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
First of all I never said MLB was out to get me. Myself and many others were frustrated with game outcomes being decided by random errors out of user control and the idiotic unrealistic physics surrounding hitting. Yes I've made mention of how outcomes seem predetermined but acknowledged it's just a seriously flawed game.

Second, with NHL, explain how altering my play will prevent someone from stepping over the line and firing the puck at the net all game long. Most shots clearly don't get through but if they get 5-6 through 1-2 will go in. If I'm already limiting their time on attack and out shooting them by a large margin in not sure how much better I can play unless I prevent them from getting into my zone the whole time. Sorry I'm not that good.

Bottom line is both games can be fun but are seriously flawed. Flaws many people have wanted fixed for years. I've had great games win or lose against people. I've played guys who are just flat out better than me and lose....But I've played guys who are flat out better than me and won because of the same garbage I'm complaining about. Your answer to just not play is one option but since there are fun games mixed in with the garbage maybe they can just fix the game instead of releasing the same flawed product year after year. If you think it's fine and your dominating congrats I'm extremely happy for you but many of us are tired of the cheese.

Last edited by jake19ny; 09-25-2017 at 07:59 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Hockey Ultimate Team »