Home

Goal line plays

This is a discussion on Goal line plays within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2017, 04:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Goal line plays

I am playing Madden again for the first time in a couple of years.
I have noticed an issue on plays near the goal line, usually on running plays from the 1 or 2 yard line where the ball seems to reach if not cross the plain of the goal line -- and I have gone back and reviewed it on replay -- and a touchdown will not be awarded.
On some plays, the ball carrier is clearly in the end zone, it is well past the white line and the ball is laying on green grass, but even if you challenge it you will not get a touchdown.
It seems this has been an issue in past editions, again I did not play for a few years, but am I the only one seeing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 06:21 AM   #2
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Goal line plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by rink23
I am playing Madden again for the first time in a couple of years.
I have noticed an issue on plays near the goal line, usually on running plays from the 1 or 2 yard line where the ball seems to reach if not cross the plain of the goal line -- and I have gone back and reviewed it on replay -- and a touchdown will not be awarded.
On some plays, the ball carrier is clearly in the end zone, it is well past the white line and the ball is laying on green grass, but even if you challenge it you will not get a touchdown.
It seems this has been an issue in past editions, again I did not play for a few years, but am I the only one seeing this.
I think I see this all the time but when I look at the instant replay, the ball carrier may have been in the end zone, but not the ball, at least not before the ball carrier's knee hit the ground in the field of play as he fell forward.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:45 AM   #3
MVP

The challenge system does not work. Calls are not decided by what the video evidence shows.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:26 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

There is definitely something wrong with the game detecting when the goaline has been crossed, look at this screen of a punt that was not called a touchback
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Madden NFL 18_20170910110001.jpg (483.3 KB, 65 views)
Old 09-22-2017, 09:46 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
There is definitely something wrong with the game detecting when the goaline has been crossed, look at this screen of a punt that was not called a touchback
I miss fielded a punt and the kicking team recovered it at the one. Their offense came out and were 99 yards from the endzone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 10:00 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I miss fielded a punt and the kicking team recovered it at the one. Their offense came out and were 99 yards from the endzone.
I've had that happen a few times. Stuff like that infuriates me more than anything in this game. I'm not a programmer so I'm sure it's more complex than I think it is, but how do you take something that worked perfectly fine for over 25 years and now all of a sudden the game can't even correctly interpret possession rules?
Old 09-23-2017, 06:02 AM   #7
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
Looks to me like the ball is resting on the 1cm line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »