Home

Play Now "Custom" vs Play Now Live

This is a discussion on Play Now "Custom" vs Play Now Live within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2017, 01:28 PM   #1
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

OVR: 0
Play Now "Custom" vs Play Now Live

I have always spent the majority of my Madden time in Play Now, creating a custom matchup for my Bucs.

With the new Play Now Live games available, I decided to try one of those. Its a Franchise game, with the annoying oversized sports ticker at the bottom, gameplan, acc. clock, etc. I also prefer to choose my uniforms, weather, and time of day. So, I decided Play Now Live games are not for me!

However, after playing just the first half of a Play Now Live game, I noticed Play Now Live has some major differences from a Play Now "custom" game. I noticed the following:

- The fresh commentary updates (Like the one from yesterday) does not apply to a Play Now "custom" game! This is terrible, and it was not an issue in Madden 17!

- There are clearly more injuries in Play Now Live.

- There are additional immersive between plays scenes not seen in "custom".

Does anybody else notice this?

Tiburon, please fix this ASAP, especially regarding the commentary!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 03:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Play Now "Custom" vs Play Now Live

I’ve been wanting the “Play Now Live” mode forever! Now, they have implanted into the game, but, we cant customize it anyway...
Old 09-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #3
MVP

Look at the scorebar when doing a play now custom game and a play now live game - if they are different modes (sim or arcade), that may explain it. We need a patch to give us all the settings we would have in an exhibition game.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #4
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

I made a reply in the other thread about the new commentary ..

I played a play now not play now live...game against raiders...and in that game they talked about how the raiders were 2-0 and also talked about how lynch danced on sidelines against jets.

So it seem the new updated commentary works in play now for certain teams but not all.

And when they talked about browns it was all same old lines about how kizer was 12-17 as starter and njoku avging 17 yards a catch in college and about Crowell having the longest run in nfl last yr.

Don't know why they update only certain teams and not others it should work in either mode.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:46 PM   #5
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Look at the scorebar when doing a play now custom game and a play now live game - if they are different modes (sim or arcade), that may explain it. We need a patch to give us all the settings we would have in an exhibition game.
Ill have to look again tonight. I believe the Play Now Live games are set as Sim, which is what I use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #6
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound

I played a play now not play now live...game against raiders...and in that game they talked about how the raiders were 2-0 and also talked about how lynch danced on sidelines against jets.

So it seem the new updated commentary works in play now for certain teams but not all.

And when they talked about browns it was all same old lines about how kizer was 12-17 as starter and njoku avging 17 yards a catch in college and about Crowell having the longest run in nfl last yr.

Don't know why they update only certain teams and not others it should work in either mode.
Ok, well that's sort of good news if you were in a Play Now Custom game. That means its probably a bug smh.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:44 AM   #7
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound

Ok! Playing a Play Now "Custom" game right now, Bucs @ Raiders and I hear up to date commentary about both teams. Bucs forcing 4 turnovers last week, Marshawn dancing etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »