Home

Option files and patches

This is a discussion on Option files and patches within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2017, 02:47 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 10
Option files and patches

Can someone explain to me, particularly where it concerns older versions of PES, what exactly is the difference between an option file and a patch? Is an option file that comes with a patch in some way "linked" to that patch? I keep seeing reference to both which is why I'm not understanding.
Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2017, 08:34 PM   #2
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Option files and patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Can someone explain to me, particularly where it concerns older versions of PES, what exactly is the difference between an option file and a patch? Is an option file that comes with a patch in some way "linked" to that patch? I keep seeing reference to both which is why I'm not understanding.
Thanks!
In a nutshell:
Option File = Console
Patch = PC

Option file is for PS4, that includes kits and names. Patch are for PC's that can include much more such as faces, stadiums, boots etc. Kits are much more detailed. Patches are complete mods
Old 09-25-2017, 11:48 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
In a nutshell:
Option File = Console
Patch = PC

Option file is for PS4, that includes kits and names. Patch are for PC's that can include much more such as faces, stadiums, boots etc. Kits are much more detailed. Patches are complete mods
Well, I was looking for info about what is actually in each one because we have option files on PC as well. So it's not so simple as PC vs console.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:00 AM   #4
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Well, I was looking for info about what is actually in each one because we have option files on PC as well. So it's not so simple as PC vs console.
Like i said, option files only include kits and team names. They exist on PC because its in the game build when its ported over. Patches are an all encompassing large downloaded file that can include faces, stadiums, kits, boots, ad boards, overlays, crowd chants, new leagues such as MLS, whatever the heck they want to ad. Once patches come out, there is no reason to really use option files.

Last edited by franch1se; 09-26-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
Rookie

lazoli's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Like i said, option files only include kits and team names. They exist on PC because its in the game build when its ported over. Patches are an all encompassing large downloaded file that can include faces, stadiums, kits, boots, ad boards, overlays, crowd chants, new leagues such as MLS, whatever the heck they want to ad. Once patches come out, there is no reason to really use option files.
Not true. You can have correct kits, logos,, emblems, transfers, team-player names, stadium pics, new leagues with a single OF. I personally like OFs instead of a patch where game files get altered so to each their own.

Last edited by lazoli; 09-27-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Look, I'm no expert but a quick read on EvoWeb or other places proves that isn't true.
What I'm trying to figure out is if I can take a league from one Patch and import it into another somehow. There simply isn't one PES6 patch that has the leagues I want and hardly any that work well and don't live on ridiculous paid link sites that are up to date even to the end of last season.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:31 PM   #7
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazoli
Not true. You can have correct kits, logos,, emblems, transfers, team-player names, stadium pics, new leagues with a single OF. I personally like OFs instead of a patch where game files get altered so to each their own.
Exactly buddy. Option files & patch files are 2 totally different things. Patches are fixes like with gameplay issues along with other things. However, the expert guys on making the patch files create all sorts of extra teams/names like for MLS & overseas leagues.

A patch fixes the things that people complain about with issues in the game. Option files have nothing to do with that but if it weren't for these expert guys that create Option Files then the game wouldn't be nowhere near as good as it turns out to be. Thanks.
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »