Home

There appears to be no skill gap ONLINE anymore.

This is a discussion on There appears to be no skill gap ONLINE anymore. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0

I'm playing with a group of guys that for 2 straight years have been less than good to put it mildly.
This year they can do all the same stupid s#!t they have always done only this year it works.
Bad contested shots, bad contested layups, going up against 4 people under the rim, missing wide open teammates, even making free throws, it doesn't matter.

I guess I shouldn't complain since I'm getting easy wins, but 2k always talks about "skill gap" and I've yet to see it.

And then there's the 7'3" center.
If you have a guy that you run with that can't do anything right, just have him make a 7'3" center.
As long as he gets out of the paint within 8 seconds he should dominate.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 07:07 PM   #2
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: There appears to be no skill gap ONLINE anymore.

Still don’t understand why the height cap for centers online is 7’3 , when most 7’3 centers can barely stay on a nba roster. Not even that many of them to begin with.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-01-2017, 11:10 PM   #3
Rookie

I swear I was ready to post a thread last night when me and my high IQ team mates was getting killed by some low iq dudes just forcing bad off balance shots, zig zagging behind picks. There’s absolutely NO skills gap. Trash dudes still get rewarded for steal spamming, dribble spamming, bad shots going in, centers rebounding over three guys and going right up with it and making it smh skills gap my a** 2k
Old 10-02-2017, 02:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Still don’t understand why the height cap for centers online is 7’3 , when most 7’3 centers can barely stay on a nba roster. Not even that many of them to begin with.
I’ve always found it weird that 2K’s Pro-Am mode favored lineups with 2 slow 7’+ players the last two years and 7’3” 340lb centers this year when the NBA has trended toward switching defenses with versatile multitalented centers. The most feared lineups in the NBA the last few years have featured Draymond Green at center. I guess the availability of oversized players online is the difference, but it’s still strange when you think about it.

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic

Last edited by iTofu; 10-02-2017 at 02:40 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:03 AM   #5
Pro

Contested shots do go in at a high clip this year. I think 2k messed the ratings up big time. Your contested shot rating is higher than your open shot rating...which makes no sense to me whatsoever. 7'3's are incredible this year due to their speed. They get up and down the court just as fast as a forward or guard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2017, 08:29 AM   #6
Rookie

DaltonT4's Arena

OVR: 5

Man I wish I felt the same way. I'm a 82 post scoring rebounding center and I can't hit anything when I get a rebound. I miss my layups, or I get blocked by a PG and then that same PG can still just run through me on a dunk attempt and dunk it even though I'm 330 pounds.

I feel like I'm decent on the sticks as a big man as I've done it the last three years, but I feel like the game handicaps me because everyone just wants to dunk on you and 9/10 times I get dunked on. But yet when I go up for a layup I get blocked by a guy that bit on the pump fake and he's still able to block it on his way down.

Don't even get me started on rebounds either, I'll be in perfect position and right now I just have bronze hustle rebounder but I'll get these SF that run out of nowhere and knock the rebound out of my hand and they get and put it back in no problem. I get a rebound and try to lay it up I miss it. It's just frustrating to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
NFL: Cincinnati Bengals
Old 10-02-2017, 09:14 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTofu
I’ve always found it weird that 2K’s Pro-Am mode favored lineups with 2 slow 7’+ players the last two years and 7’3” 340lb centers this year when the NBA has trended toward switching defenses with versatile multitalented centers. The most feared lineups in the NBA the last few years have featured Draymond Green at center. I guess the availability of oversized players online is the difference, but it’s still strange when you think about it.
I think it's just that 2K players don't know how to utilize small ball lineups and expose big plodding centers. Small ball lineups aren't universally better - you need the right personnel. Most players I see in 2K don't pass much or drive and kick. Also I think 2K gives bigs more of an advantage on rebounds then you'd see in real life. If I don't have another 7 footer on my team, I often pull down more boards than the rest of my team combined which inflates the value of having a giant center.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:17 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
Contested shots do go in at a high clip this year. I think 2k messed the ratings up big time. Your contested shot rating is higher than your open shot rating...which makes no sense to me whatsoever. 7'3's are incredible this year due to their speed. They get up and down the court just as fast as a forward or guard.
That's a stretch. I'm slow as hell up and down the court. My fastest animation is a light jog. I agree that 7'3 guys are too "quick" when moving around in small spaces but they're certainly not fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »