Home

Anyone play shorter seasons/minutes?

This is a discussion on Anyone play shorter seasons/minutes? within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2017, 11:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Anyone play shorter seasons/minutes?

Does anyone play with normalized minutes/stats and get good results or have any feedback?

I like trying to play every game to get full control of my team and stats. Works out great with Madden since you have 16+ games, but with the 82 game basketball season, it's obviously a bit harder.

In the past, I've tried a few things like cutting the season down to 14 or 29 games and playing every game, and I've also tried doing a full 82 game season but bumping the actual time played down to 6 minute quarters however I've never found anything that truly made me feel good about my decision.

Anyone else tried anything like this? Any good results?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Anyone play shorter seasons/minutes?

2k15 Ive done 2 complete 82 game seasons 12 minute quarters. currently on my third.
2k16 and 2k18 I have 29 game seasons 6 minute quarters.

I obviously play too much 2k basketball
Old 11-17-2017, 09:56 PM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanosu1
Does anyone play with normalized minutes/stats and get good results or have any feedback?

I like trying to play every game to get full control of my team and stats. Works out great with Madden since you have 16+ games, but with the 82 game basketball season, it's obviously a bit harder.

In the past, I've tried a few things like cutting the season down to 14 or 29 games and playing every game, and I've also tried doing a full 82 game season but bumping the actual time played down to 6 minute quarters however I've never found anything that truly made me feel good about my decision.

I’ve been searching for years for a nice happy medium and can’t find it. I normally end up playing the 1st and 4th quarters of 10 or 12 min quarters. I Sim the 2nd and 3rd quarters.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 11-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanosu1

For me, it's been about accepting that a 12-minute game will play different than shorter minutes. I try to compensate by setting the foul out lower to emulate foul trouble. Then its just about getting as close to an accurate risk/reward for any off./def. move as possible.

I'm making a slider set specifically for this purpose.
Old 01-29-2018, 12:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've just recently started playing 8 minute quarters with 29 games per year and a 1-1-1-1 format in the playoffs. It makes every game mean more. I also edit each team's coach setting to utilize at least 10-12 players on the roster so that star players don't play entire games. You obviously wont get realistic stats. For me, it's taken down inflated offensives numbers, so double-doubles in the game are about as common as triple-doubles have become in real life. An MVP candidate in my MyLeague usually averages 15-20 pts, 5-6 rebs, and 4-5 assists. I've grown to like this because it allows me to finish complete seasons in a reasonable time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2018, 12:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I understand the realism aspect of it. The stats and everything. But I play 14 game seasons and 4min quarters lol. I have considered changing it to 5 or 6min games but havent tried it yet. I dont want to devote my life to playing 2k, and I really like the team building aspect of it. And frankly, the ONLY reason they play 82 games is to make bank with ticket sales and concessions; many of the games are literally meaningless and it leads to a ton of injuries as well as shortened careers. Just think about poor Kenny Smiths knees. And I play 100% of the minutes. Even when tanking lol.

There are issues; the stats arent going to be very realistic. historical stats etc. are uncomparable to your own current. And fouls become a problem, thankfully you can actually lower the amount of personal fouls before ejection BUT you cant lower team fouls, meaning that teams very very rarely get into the penalty. Thankfully the AI doesnt understand this and I just choose to not exploit it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »