Home

Difficulty now on All-Star for Round 3 of Supermax

This is a discussion on Difficulty now on All-Star for Round 3 of Supermax within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2017, 01:22 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Arrow Difficulty now on All-Star for Round 3 of Supermax

Was hoping they put it on Superstar but at least they listened to the feedback and made the change up one.

Let's see how the game plays now. Haven't tried it yet myself but have a few friend that confirmed its on all-star and that it plays better now.

Let me know your feedback after playing on this difficulty
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
Pro

Bi00's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Difficulty now on All-Star for Round 3 of Supermax

Well last year all-star was actually serviceable when you didn't have mismatched difficulty. I remember friendlies that even in later stages of the game were competitive and defense heavy.

Not surprised that they didn't jump immediately to Superstar but I hope they eventually make the switch.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #3
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

People finally miss open 3's now. The new meta from the games I've played is to just drive the ball relentlessly until your CPU fouls the player or they make a contested layup or dunk (or if they have Shaq, miss 7 times in a row and get the offensive rebound over and over again)

Its still annoying af to play but its better now
Old 10-09-2017, 02:35 PM   #4
MVP

I still won'tplay until SS. I can't imagine a team hand picked playing at All-star.

This and the weekends factor
Old 10-09-2017, 03:52 PM   #5
MVP

justlaze's Arena

this is a step in the right direction. now they only need to realize that it was the dumbest idea to have weekends without the main online mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2017, 04:15 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
this is a step in the right direction. now they only need to realize that it was the dumbest idea to have weekends without the main online mode.
This is a super easy fix. Change the dates of future rounds and voila. I imagine season 2 will include weekends.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:20 PM   #7
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

It still doesn't matter. There are so many problems now with this mode.

They have to fix their contact system or nerf some of these guys. 2K responded to us complaining about minimal drives to allowing people to drive at will. Something in a few guys coding allows them to unrealistically drive past ANYONE regardless of ratings. No way Westbrook can consistently drive past LeBron or Kawhi. Same with Penny. Guys like LeBron or Giannis are the only players who should consistently be able to drive on anybody. Westbrook isn't strong enough to move LeBron out of the way. Strength rating has to come into play somewhere.

This force field players still have around them. I used to call it the rubber man. It's when somehow, your defender gets stuck in an animation or completely bumped out of the picture even if you did nothing. It happens on drives to the basket, where your stationary defender randomly gets pushed through the air to make room for the layup. It happens when guarding post players who use too many moves. Anytime I'm guarding a player down low, if he does multiple pump fakes my guy just moves out of the way and clears the lane for a free bucket.

Lastly! This wasn't in game before recently, but turbo cheese is back. I just played a guy where every play, his guys were back on offense before most of my guys crossed half court. I don't know how, and the worst part is I have great defenders. Jo Jo White, Pistol Pete, Wes Unseld, and Dikembe. My only mediocre defender in this lineup is Bryon Russell, yet every play somebody was driving to the bucket or draining an open three because my defenders were stuck behind the action tweeting about the last bucket they got.

I worked my tail off for this team. I already have 3 diamonds. They took over 163 wins to unlock. Not to mention the sets you have to complete and those logos that have increased like 400% in cost. I don't expect to be carried by my player's ratings but when I work that hard to unlock them, I expect them to act like they have some sort of basketball IQ when they aren't being controlled by me. I know that I can't win them all and I'm okay with that. If a guy beats me because my on-ball is trash, or his post game is crazy, or maybe he's so in tune with the playbook that he gets open looks all game, fine. But when I lose because of one of the three things mentioned above, it's annoying. None of those things are under my power. I don't know if it happens in PNO because I've had every single PNO opponent quit on me before halftime, but this is super annoying.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #8
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Did you play games today or are you talking about previous rounds? It sounds like you are talking about blow by animations and that happens to everyone because of the Pro difficulty. Also, slow transition defense has always been a thing in 2K. You gotta run your guys back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »