Home

Optimum settings for QB to move?

This is a discussion on Optimum settings for QB to move? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2017, 07:57 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
Optimum settings for QB to move?

Since we now know EA is not addressing CPU QB movement/scrambling, what are the best settings for Traits and even some rating tweaks to at least TRY to get the CPU QB to not just stand there? I've seen various people suggest different things, but do we have agreement on what the best course of action is...short of shelving the game?

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #2
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Optimum settings for QB to move?

He took them down for testing with the new patch, but I'd keep checking JoshC1977's sliders, he was one of the first to have a band-aid for this. Link is below:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-cfm-only.html

For my CFM, I change the "Sense Pressure" trait to "Paranoid" for each QB I play against, as that's what he had listed pre-patch.

It's still not great and it doesn't fix the issue completely, but there's a noticeable improvement when you change this trait for AI-controlled QB's.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:53 PM   #3
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Changing "Forces Passes" to balanced is equally important, IMO. With that setting on "Ideal" it is decent, but ironically not as good as balanced because they will hold on to the ball too many more sacks, relative to the number of picks they will throw. "Conservative" is disastrous because they will simply hold the ball forever. Adjusting the traits for every CPU QB opponent has allowed the game to play really well for me.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:33 PM   #4
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Increase acceleration and ball carrier vision to 80+ for all QB's.

Big difference too.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:40 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

As a test I put elusiveness at 95 for one of my QB's and then when into practice mode to see what would happen. The QB did a spin move while staying in the pocket to avoid a sack. It was like nothing I'd ever seen in Madden.

I know that people want the dev team to fix these issues, as well they should, but short of that, there are things that can be done to make the game play well.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 08:26 PM   #6
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I actually have it set to trigger happy and not paranoid. This is from muthead.com

Trigger Happy*QB's will try and get the ball out as quickly as possible when under pressure, even when the receiver is not open or the conditions are not ideal. These QB's don't want to be hit, so their goal is to get rid of the ball. Stats that are improved are how quickly they get the ball out, but decreases stats such as their accuracy.

Paranoid*QB's are always under the impression that they are about to be hit, and are more likely to make inaccurate or poor passes. When a QB isn't under pressure, they are able to make better passes, however paranoid QB's are essentially "always under pressure". One benefit of this is they are usually bracing the ball at all times and are ready for the sack.

I think trigger happy works better imo

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 10-10-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have had some success editing Qb bc vision to 99 Also up accelation some

Get 2 or 3 scrambles a game
Old 10-10-2017, 10:40 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
As a test I put elusiveness at 95 for one of my QB's and then when into practice mode to see what would happen. The QB did a spin move while staying in the pocket to avoid a sack. It was like nothing I'd ever seen in Madden.

I know that people want the dev team to fix these issues, as well they should, but short of that, there are things that can be done to make the game play well.
This is some of the positives of this forum, people helping others with game play advice. Even though I want CPU QB AI fixed, using these methods takes a few minutes, but that is a few two minutes too long for some people.

This is part of the band aids that some people were discussing in that patch thread. I haven't had any issues prior to patch regarding CPU Qb's taking off. They could do it a bit more, but even a Russell Wilson doesn't have 10 carries per game past the line of scrimmage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »