Home

Pro-Am West/East region lock, any fix soon? Any update at all?

This is a discussion on Pro-Am West/East region lock, any fix soon? Any update at all? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2017, 01:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Pro-Am West/East region lock, any fix soon? Any update at all?

Hello,

I don't post on this board much, I'm more of a lurker to see if any issues I have get fixed cause they usually seem to get a response from actual developers or people involved with the game here. Anyways I've been looking around a little and I haven't seen much if anything on this Region lock issue for West/East coast players trying to play in a pro-am TEAM together (not just walk-on, the actual pro-am teams that you create and invite others into).

I've had this game for nearly a month now, pre-ordered and everything to get it early and the main mode I happen to play is pro-am team with the team I've had since last year, we have a few players from various parts of the world (Ontario, New York, Miami). The problem happens when we try to get into our arena together, the guys in the east coast can join the same arena, me and the people on the west coast get into the same arena, but we NEVER get in all together. We're definitely on the same pro-am team, we've even tried meeting up in the same session, all joining a squad invite, and trying to walk in together, same result.

I'm super curious first of all, how this became an issue because to my knowledge this wasn't a thing at all last year and other than the occasional issue with the servers, we never had an issue joining the same arena just to start a game, now a month in I haven't even played one game with my team and it's extremely frustrating because I really don't play much otherwise so the game is just on the shelf right now.

Is there some sort of update or potential fix for this coming up? I'm sorry but it's seriously ridiculous that it's been a month and (I think) three patches into this game and they still haven't fixed something that LITERALLY makes it not possible for me to play a mode that's meant to work in the game. I tried looking all around and when I do see something about it, just a small post and people trying to tell them ways to fix it without completely getting the issue that WE LITERALLY CAN'T JOIN IN PRO-AM TEAM UP WITH OUR FRIENDS FROM DIFFERENT COAST, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US.

Can someone please let me know this is ACTUALLY being looked at or that it's known this is a huge problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Pro-Am West/East region lock, any fix soon? Any update at all?

I'm hoping this is fixed in the next patch.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:12 PM   #3
Rookie

sschevyridah's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoxsfan
Hello,

I don't post on this board much, I'm more of a lurker to see if any issues I have get fixed cause they usually seem to get a response from actual developers or people involved with the game here. Anyways I've been looking around a little and I haven't seen much if anything on this Region lock issue for West/East coast players trying to play in a pro-am TEAM together (not just walk-on, the actual pro-am teams that you create and invite others into).

I've had this game for nearly a month now, pre-ordered and everything to get it early and the main mode I happen to play is pro-am team with the team I've had since last year, we have a few players from various parts of the world (Ontario, New York, Miami). The problem happens when we try to get into our arena together, the guys in the east coast can join the same arena, me and the people on the west coast get into the same arena, but we NEVER get in all together. We're definitely on the same pro-am team, we've even tried meeting up in the same session, all joining a squad invite, and trying to walk in together, same result.

I'm super curious first of all, how this became an issue because to my knowledge this wasn't a thing at all last year and other than the occasional issue with the servers, we never had an issue joining the same arena just to start a game, now a month in I haven't even played one game with my team and it's extremely frustrating because I really don't play much otherwise so the game is just on the shelf right now.

Is there some sort of update or potential fix for this coming up? I'm sorry but it's seriously ridiculous that it's been a month and (I think) three patches into this game and they still haven't fixed something that LITERALLY makes it not possible for me to play a mode that's meant to work in the game. I tried looking all around and when I do see something about it, just a small post and people trying to tell them ways to fix it without completely getting the issue that WE LITERALLY CAN'T JOIN IN PRO-AM TEAM UP WITH OUR FRIENDS FROM DIFFERENT COAST, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US.

Can someone please let me know this is ACTUALLY being looked at or that it's known this is a huge problem?

Same thing I'm wondering. Happened in 2k16 and for whatever reason I think it missed 17. It's unfortunate because I live in the mountain states and the rest of the people I play with live out east. Basically been playing Walk-On.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:29 PM   #4
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Does the region lock also apply for All star team-up?, i can rarely find 6 to start a game.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #5
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

Doesn't appear to have been addressed in patch 4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2017, 07:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Yeah, I just saw the patch notes so it looks like at least another month before this is fixed if ever.

I've really lost faith with 2K, this is beyond ridiculous, even Mike Wang said they were working on it on twitter but it's all talk.

It sucks because the gameplay is legit the best in 2k IMO, but everything else is seriously worthy of a 0/10. We're a month and 4 patches into the game and a huge mode is still completely broken.

I really wish I hadn't blown $60 on this.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:14 PM   #7
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoxsfan
Yeah, I just saw the patch notes so it looks like at least another month before this is fixed if ever.

I've really lost faith with 2K, this is beyond ridiculous, even Mike Wang said they were working on it on twitter but it's all talk.

It sucks because the gameplay is legit the best in 2k IMO, but everything else is seriously worthy of a 0/10. We're a month and 4 patches into the game and a huge mode is still completely broken.

I really wish I hadn't blown $60 on this.
The game feels better, but its foundation is worthless. To many ways to break this game, along with the fact rebounding is broken,traveling is aloud, and your cpu team mates seem to have a lack of awareness when playing on the court.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #8
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

It's ridiculous this hasn't been fixed. It should of been a high priority over shoes or other stuff in the previous patch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »