Home

Please allow us to use in-game player likeness as place holders for in-game overlays

This is a discussion on Please allow us to use in-game player likeness as place holders for in-game overlays within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2017, 03:14 PM   #1
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Please allow us to use in-game player likeness as place holders for in-game overlays

I'd like to see the 2K devs give us the option to toggle off the outdated player pictures, which would allow us to simply use the in-game models of players for roster menus and in-game overlays.

The inaccuracies of the outdated pictures are driving me nuts, especially when we can't do anything about it. A couple examples:
- Jaylen Brown (Celtics) wears number 7, but his picture is old and shows him wearing number 9.
- Mario Hezonja (Magic) wears number 8, but his picture is old and shows him wearing number 23.

I know this isn't a game-breaking problem, but I think the solution is quite simple. You already changed the picture of Marquese Chriss (Suns) to his in-game player model. The default game roster has an incorrect picture of Chriss (it's really Tyler Ullis) but you fixed it in an update by removing the picture and using Chriss' player model instead. Please give us the same power.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited by TeamBuilder; 10-18-2017 at 09:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
re: Please allow us to use in-game player likeness as place holders for in-game overlays

Pretty sure it's been addressed here in the forums a few times already. That once the season starts for every team, the pics will get updated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #3
Banned

re: Please allow us to use in-game player likeness as place holders for in-game overlays

Well IF they really read this forum i hope they find some of the major issues people adress instead of this bs
Old 10-18-2017, 04:05 PM   #4
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish_41
Well IF they really read this forum i hope they find some of the major issues people adress instead of this bs
A response like this isn't necessary.

A fix for incorrect pictures appears to be quite easy/simple/quick based on the evidence from the first roster update (the Marquese Chriss fix that removed the picture in favor of the player model).

It wouldn't take significant time away from fixing more major problems.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:09 PM   #5
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

If 2K Devs Read These Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
A response like this isn't necessary.

A fix for incorrect pictures appears to be quite easy/simple/quick based on the evidence from the first roster update (the Marquese Chriss fix that removed the picture in favor of the player model).

It wouldn't take significant time away from fixing more major problems.

I think his point was that this thread was unnecessary. Probably should have just posted this complaint in another thread that already addresses these issues. It keeps everything concise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 04:13 PM   #6
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

The title of the thread doesn't help. Simple pet peeve. Imagine if all thread headers were vague titles ... "Please help..." "Why does ..." "This should be fixed..." ... "If 2k Devs Read These Forums" for every single thread.

Would have preferred to have seen something like such as a thread title:

Request: Please allow us to use in-game player likeness as place holders for in-game overlays.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 10-18-2017, 04:23 PM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Please allow us to use in-game player likeness as place holders for in-game overl

"Hey dev" threads are not allowed. I changed the title so that it can remain open.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-18-2017, 05:38 PM   #8
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Please allow us to use in-game player likeness as place holders for in-game overl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
"Hey dev" threads are not allowed. I changed the title so that it can remain open.
Could we put this in the TOS?..... Seriously... it's a turn off. CAP locks should be thrown in there too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »