Home

Is anyone having legit fun in Franchise mode?

This is a discussion on Is anyone having legit fun in Franchise mode? within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2017, 05:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is anyone having legit fun in Franchise mode?

So, when the demos came out, I had made my mind up, I was going to play NBA Live 18 all year long. I loved it, everything about it. But I'm a hardcore franchise mode guy. I really enjoyed The One in the demo, but since my player didnt transfer from the demo (Thanks EA), I didnt even bother to start over again.
So ever since launch, I've been trying to play Live 18's franchise mode, while playing my usual MyLeague from the other game on the side.

But I simply can't enjoy it, even though I really want to. With no scouting I can't even bother to try to build my Knicks up from trash, as I can only see the prospects on draft day and it's such a blind choice. Also, having no CPU trades makes the game feel like the whole league is stuck in time while I'm the only one playing and interacting. Theres no feeling of immersion. Then the FA mechanics are so basic its hard to get drawn to it.

This is no direct bash at EA, please dont take it like this.

My intent is to ask if anyone is experiencing Franchise mode in a different way than me, being that this is a Sim community (for the most part).

All I hear about the One is good stuff, and it's clear as day the mode is really good, even more than 2k's neighborhood BS in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Is anyone having legit fun in Franchise mode?

I'm strictly a franchise mode guy and so this is exactly where I'm at. I REALLY want to enjoy the franchise mode in Live 18 but it's basically just a bunch of play now games. However, playing the actual games are more fun to me in Live 18 than 2K18. I'm way more immersed in the game on court in Live but off court it feels so dull....which is kind of the way I feel when playing on court in 2K. I'm more immersed off court in 2K. It's a little frustrating lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-19-2017, 06:32 PM   #3
Rookie

You can skip to the draft in the one mode and go right to streetball now.

Gameplay is good there with motion but might be frustrating for you that you won't be able to have any say in roster decisions or lineups.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
I'm strictly a franchise mode guy and so this is exactly where I'm at. I REALLY want to enjoy the franchise mode in Live 18 but it's basically just a bunch of play now games. However, playing the actual games are more fun to me in Live 18 than 2K18. I'm way more immersed in the game on court in Live but off court it feels so dull....which is kind of the way I feel when playing on court in 2K. I'm more immersed off court in 2K. It's a little frustrating lol.

Lol my man translated my feelings, its been tough
Old 10-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #5
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

I will say this much....I'm enjoying Live 18 so much on the court, that I'm so trying to look past the 'blandness' off the court in franchise mode. I'm really trying to immerse myself by: reading all the espn stories, trying to keep track of rivals, going the extra mile to look for trends whether that be winning streaks, hot steaks from certain players by viewing box scores from other games (i don't even know if you can do this lol).....but I am trying to just really dig in and look for stuff where I don't have to try as hard to immerse myself (off-court) in the 2K franchise mode (so much information, things to do, features etc in MyGM/ MyLeague).
If i didn't enjoy playing Live on the court so much, I wouldn't even try to play franchise mode.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2017, 10:15 PM   #6
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

To be blunt. No I'm not having fun. Luckily I have 2k and will probably switch to that. Reason why I started franchise with Live first is because I wanted to give it a chance plus I mostly play Pro-Am on 2k so I thought maybe I should give franchise on Live a chance. Boy that was a bad idea. One word describes Live franchise mode: BORING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-2017, 11:26 PM   #7
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm still having fun. Recently played 2K and it's good but Live beats it in the fun factor.

Here's the thing though. Live is really fun in strictly gameplay. There really isn't much to the game other than that. I hope we get something similar to 2K's My GM. They absolutely have to knock it out of the park with franchise mode next year to keep this series going.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:50 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm a really, really simple guy when it comes to franchise...I don't use half of the options within it (but I 100% understand the need for them)...

I say all that to say- Lives simple franchise mode, with its smooth menus would work for me...but to me it'd get stale real quick because because I feel theres a real lack of individuality in players and teams...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »