Home

Why is shooting so hard in 2k18 and 2k17...?

This is a discussion on Why is shooting so hard in 2k18 and 2k17...? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2017, 09:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Why is shooting so hard in 2k18 and 2k17...?

Shooting is just so damn hard, in comparison to past games, do you guys enjoy using user-timing? I just hate to look at the player's head to get a perfect release, but when I turn it off I can never ever make a shot, so anyone can help me here? I am also on SWITCH and just can't shoot at all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why are shooting so hard in 2k18 and 2k17...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Shooting is just so damn hard, in comparison to past games, do you guys enjoy using user-timing? I just hate to look at the player's head to get a perfect release, but when I turn it off I can never ever make a shot, so anyone can help me here? I am also on SWITCH and just can't shoot at all!
The shot meter is very inaccurate this year which is the main problem and Mike keeps changing shooting in each update and hotfix. Whenever u get a green light the shot meter is not even full. It's to small to even see. Everytime I get a green light I still see a little white on the end of it. Best tip of advice I have for you is to get your badges and hotspots, especially hotspots because is you don't get a green light 80% of the time from three point or maybe in mid range, it's a brick.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2017, 12:06 AM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmers525i
The shot meter is very inaccurate this year which is the main problem and Mike keeps changing shooting in each update and hotfix. Whenever u get a green light the shot meter is not even full. It's to small to even see. Everytime I get a green light I still see a little white on the end of it. Best tip of advice I have for you is to get your badges and hotspots, especially hotspots because is you don't get a green light 80% of the time from three point or maybe in mid range, it's a brick.

Stop focusing on green releases and work for a good shot...
Old 10-23-2017, 12:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Stop focusing on green releases and work for a good shot...
I don't know what you mean work for a good shot. Don't u mean learn u shot release and don't look at the shot meter?

Old 10-23-2017, 12:43 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 33

If you are comming from a PS4, then Switch has an imput delay that is very noticeable when compared to PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 12:46 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Thx for the replies guys, but I am only focusing on playing against user, not in myplayer mode, just like in play now or myleague (only modes i play).

In terms of working on a good shot, that's always what I do as being a sim player, however, if a perfect release is just impossible for me, I don't know what's wrong with 2K, but in previous years of 2K, you still have to study the players' shooting forms in order to make shots, but something just changed in recent years making me impossible to make baskets.

Now, the only way I can actually make shots is use real-play fg%, which I also wanna know you guys' take on this vs. shot-timing?
Old 10-23-2017, 01:12 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 33

Am using shot timing (on PS4) but just because of having it since the begining of time ...

Real FG% accentuates the attributes and badges more, so if you are hardcore into getting sim stats on oncourt gameplay, that should improve the results, if the attribites are right to begin with that is.

I have played with both on prior iterations and felt OK with both, as stated, mostly use Shot timing just because. Then again, I have always put FTs as Real anyways as the boost from learning the shots usually felt a bit overdone. You shall be ok with real, as in theory you will be more consistent.

Strange to see you this early with the game tho
Old 10-23-2017, 03:22 AM   #8
MVP

jk31's Arena

I dont Know which Problems you guys are having.

Which players Do you use that "dont Hit shots"? What shooting percentages Do you have?

I Play with Standard Superstar slider both in an online League and in my own offline League. Most of my players range between 79 and 85 open 3pt rating. I usually end up with 3pt percentages between 35 and 45 percent which is perfect in my opinion.

I dont use the shot Meter (never used it). I just Look AT the players shooting motion and Release AT the highest Point which I am doing since like nba live 2004.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »