Home

Which difficulty is the most sim for you, allstar, superstar or hof?

This is a discussion on Which difficulty is the most sim for you, allstar, superstar or hof? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2017, 09:11 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Which difficulty is the most sim for you, allstar, superstar or hof?

in this year's game, which difficulty is the most sim for you and how much you enjoy playing at the level you chose?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2017, 11:09 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Which difficulty is the most sim for you, allstar, superstar or hof?

I have not tried HOF but I would have to say all star. Pro is to easy the game is by far the easiest 2k I have played. On superstar CPU just will not turn the ball over and they get way to many steals like 16 a game.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:10 PM   #3
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

All-Star.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:25 PM   #4
Rookie

SUPERSTAR. All-Star is far too easy & HoF is full of cheese.
SS has the best balance its all i ever play on, all you need is bball iq to stop the cpu from going on crazy momentum streaks (where on HoF you cant do anything about it except score score score and hope they start missing)
Old 10-24-2017, 04:03 PM   #5
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

HOF this year for me. In years past it felt like the CPU would circumvent the rules or "cheese" me with higher difficulties. This year I feel like I can play smarter and execute, I will always be in the game. I also like to lose quite a bit when it's a fair loss. It's more realistic. I also haven't discovered any game-breaking cheese like last years P&R game that made the CPU too easy.

I'm loving HOF this year. If online was on HOF or at least SS, I'd have minimal complaints.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2017, 05:01 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

All-Star.

Anything above All-Star has poor shooters shooting like Kyle Korver when the AI leaves them open (the way they should should be left open), and has inflated CPU free throws and somewhat overpowered offensive rebounding and putbacks.

If artificially boosted shooting and freethrows make bread-and-butter NBA strategies and defenses such as helping off poor shooters and fouling poor free throw shooters ineffective, then I can't really consider that difficulty very sim.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #7
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
All-Star.

Anything above All-Star has poor shooters shooting like Kyle Korver when the AI leaves them open (the way they should should be left open), and has inflated CPU free throws and somewhat overpowered offensive rebounding and putbacks.

If artificially boosted shooting and freethrows make bread-and-butter NBA strategies and defenses such as helping off poor shooters and fouling poor free throw shooters ineffective, then I can't really consider that difficulty very sim.
I've always used Pro/All-Star difficulty with Real Shooting % in the past and this year I jumped straight to Superstar with Shot Timing and my experience with the CPU is the exact opposite of this in my MyLeague with the Pelicans. I don't know what it is... maybe my Team Chemistry is too high and it's affecting the cpu, but I out shoot the cpu in pretty much every game and it's leading me to way too many wins.... which I hate it.

I'm slowly starting to lower my shooting sliders and raise the CPU's until I find a good balance. I have all of my shooting sliders on 45 expect for 3 pointers which I have on 48 and all of the CPU's are at 52 and their offensive consistency is at 55. I just changed to this last night and beat the Celtics but Kyrie had a killer game with over 40 points. I'm hoping these will eventually lead to some L's, if not I may have to see what HOF is all about, even though I really don't want to.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-24-2017, 06:15 PM   #8
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
in this year's game, which difficulty is the most sim for you and how much you enjoy playing at the level you chose?
All star with my own sliders. I put them on the sliders page

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »