Home

Interesting slider - ice tilt?

This is a discussion on Interesting slider - ice tilt? within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2017, 05:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Interesting slider - ice tilt?

After doing a lot of testing lately, I came across an interesting result with one slider. It also seems like this is what has been causing the "ice tilt" effect.

The slider is located under "Passing"
"Puck Control Rating Effect"

With this slider maxed, you will notice that pucks will defy physics as it makes it way to the person that the game says has a higher rating to pick up pucks. Even if that means it has to pinball or warp to that player. (Go into replay mode and watch what happens on strange plays/goals where you thought you had it covered).

I now play with setting on 2 and have eliminated this from my games.

I played 20 games with this setting at 100 and 20 games with the setting at 0 and its night and day with the result. If others could test this as well and post your results.

Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Re: Interesting slider - ice tilt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
After doing a lot of testing lately, I came across an interesting result with one slider. It also seems like this is what has been causing the "ice tilt" effect.

The slider is located under "Passing"
"Puck Control Rating Effect"

With this slider maxed, you will notice that pucks will defy physics as it makes it way to the person that the game says has a higher rating to pick up pucks. Even if that means it has to pinball or warp to that player. (Go into replay mode and watch what happens on strange plays/goals where you thought you had it covered).

I now play with setting on 2 and have eliminated this from my games.

I played 20 games with this setting at 100 and 20 games with the setting at 0 and its night and day with the result. If others could test this as well and post your results.

Cheers!

Seems like it is the old puck control slider. At 2 or 0 you can control the puck, theres more of a loose puck, loose off goalies and players, more rebounds and loose every where. Preset is 50, tried it at 20 still loose pucks off goalie and everywhere.

Its not just picking up the puck.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

The higher this slider is the more the players puck control rating has to do with picking up loose pucks and how they pick them up (backhand, skate to stick, etc). You will see studs pick up pucks and 4th liners struggle at times. Makes for more puck battles in corners etc.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 10-28-2017, 09:20 AM   #4
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I tried it at 0 a few games ago and players would not pick up the puck much at all.. it was actually quite funny watching the puck bounce off their sticks.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:24 AM   #5
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I tried it at 0 a few games ago and players would not pick up the puck much at all.. it was actually quite funny watching the puck bounce off their sticks.
With attribute slider maxed and this slider in here maxed it was the same way. Guys with brutal puck control ratings couldn’t pick it up. They would basically bobble it into someone who could. Lol.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2017, 04:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
That because the puck reception is too low, set it to minimum of 27. So many sliders work in conjunction.
I also set puck control rating effect to 2 and not zero. You could probably go as high a 25 without major puck warping.

Last edited by drog1602; 10-29-2017 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:01 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
The higher this slider is the more the players puck control rating has to do with picking up loose pucks and how they pick them up (backhand, skate to stick, etc). You will see studs pick up pucks and 4th liners struggle at times. Makes for more puck battles in corners etc.
I know what the setting does but you get unwanted consequences for having it too high. The problem that you get though with it high is the puck warps to players when it should just be a loose puck. I don't know about you. But I do not want pucks that magically warp to players that are a few feet away just because they have a higher pickup rating.

I am not saying to have this at zero, only to be careful how high you set it, to avoid warping and the ice tilt effect associated with it.

Last edited by drog1602; 10-29-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:20 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson
Seems like it is the old puck control slider. At 2 or 0 you can control the puck, theres more of a loose puck, loose off goalies and players, more rebounds and loose every where. Preset is 50, tried it at 20 still loose pucks off goalie and everywhere.

Its not just picking up the puck.
A looser puck is a good thing in a hockey game, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »