Home

PGA Tour - Career Society - The Golf Club 2

This is a discussion on PGA Tour - Career Society - The Golf Club 2 within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2017, 11:36 AM   #1
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

OVR: 6
PGA Tour - Career Society - The Golf Club 2

Hey fellow OS-ers! This thread is for my offline Career Society. I have spent time leveling my Career Society to Level 10, so I can create a max 50 tour event season. I am going to create a replica PGA Tour schedule and roster of current pro golfers. This thread is to document my season(s) and list some helpful hints for those interested in creating a season of their own.

This post will eventually be a Table of Contents to quickly find posts applicable to creating a society. More to come!

Creating PGA Tour Roster
Creating PGA Tour Season
Career Society: Season One

Last edited by coopsta007; 11-26-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2017, 08:22 PM   #2
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

Re: PGA Tour - Career Society - The Golf Club 2

Creating PGA Tour Roster:

My first step in creating my PGA Tour society was to update my society roster to reflect the PGA Tour. For those not familiar with how to update golfer names, you simply go into your offline society main menu and simply press R1 to highlight your Society Statistics. When this area is selected, you will see a "Member List" that can be edited.

When the member list is opened, you will be presented with a list of golfers sorted by Handicap Index. You have a total of 200 golfers to edit and you can edit both the name and nationality of each golfer. Below is page one of edits for my offline PGA Tour society.

To edit a golfer, you simply highlight their name and press X (or A on XBOX) to begin the editing process. When you select a golfer, you will be presented with two options. One will edit their name and the other will edit their nationality. When I went through this process, I did names/nationalities for complete authenticity.

Please note, if you are editing golfers using PS4/XBox1, this process can be long and tedious using only a gaming controller. If possible, I recommend syncing up your console with your computer or phone if possible. I am on PS4 and used the program PS4 Remote Play which works great for editing golfers in TGC2.

When editing golfers with PS4 Remote Play, the program allows you to select a golfer with your PS4 controller and enter the golfer's name with your computer keyboard. Once your golfer's name is entered, you press ENTER and VOILA!! Golfer created. Overall, having this program handy was a huge help and sped up the process for me. Below is a screenshot of me editing a golfer in TGC2.

If you don't have PS4 Remote Play, it isn't the end of the world, but if you are planning to create 200 golfers, you will be in for a long day without some sort of tool to help you.

Once your list of golfers is complete, you are okay to move onto creating your event schedule on The Golf Club 2.

Last edited by coopsta007; 11-14-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:23 PM   #3
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

This post is dedicated to setting up your PGA Tour season using The Golf Club 2.

Prior to setting up your PGA Tour season, it is highly recommended to level up your offline society to Level 10. This is the highest level available and will unlock the ability to add major tournaments and play a full 52 event season. Seeing the PGA Tour season runs for a full year, unlocking Level 10 is essential as this will give you the most realistic PGA Tour experience while playing The Golf Club 2.

To level up your offline society, simply go into the home section of your society and press R1 until you find the settings area of your society. This area will tell you the level your society is currently at and how close you are to making the jump to Level 10 (if you are not there already). I was able to obtain Level 10 by joining a couple of random online societies and playing their weekly tournaments. Your offline society can also be leveled up by playing offline tournaments and solo rounds in The Golf Club 2.

Once your society is set to Level 10, you are ready to create your full 50+ event PGA Tour season. When creating your season, you have two creation options. You can either use the 52 week template TGC2 already has built into the game, or you can create your own template. I recommend using TGC2’s 52-event template as this will automatically create 52 events with handicapped courses. The events and course names are fictional; however, you can edit the event names and find online courses users have created.

When creating events, you will want to ensure every course has a handicapped rating on it. Without a handicap rating, CPU golfers will not play up to their potential and you will see some quirky scores in your season. While writing this document, I ran through the 2016 PGA Tour schedule to see how many real-life courses had an established handicap. Below you will find a list of real-life courses (with established handicaps) that are available in the course database as of November 2017.

Waialae CC – Sony Open
TPC Scottsdale – Phoenix Open
Pebble Beach Golf Links – Pebble Beach Pro-Am
Riviera CC – Genesis Open
PGA National (Champion) – The Honda Classic
Innisbrook Resort (Copperhead) – Valspar Championship
Bay Hill – Arnold Palmer Invitational
Golf Club of Houston – Shell Open
Augusta National – The Masters
Harbour Town GC – RBC Heritage
TPC San Antonio – Valero Texas Open
TPC Louisiana – Zurich Classic of New Orleans
TPC Sawgrass – The Players Championship
Muirfield Village GC – The Memorial
Erin Hills – U.S. Open
TPC Deere Run – John Deere Classic
Royal Birkdale GC – The Open Championship
Glen Abbey GC – RBC Canadian Open
Montreaux G&CC – Barracuda Championship
Firestone CC (South) – World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational
Quail Hollow – PGA Championship

The above list consists of authentic courses for 21 of the 52 events on the 2016 PGA Tour schedule. This number will probably increase over time as additional courses are created and published courses receive enough plays to establish an online handicap score for CPU players to feed off of.

Once your season template is selected, you simply have to go to each event and press triangle (PS4) or Y (XB1) to edit the event.

In the edit screen, you have the ability to edit the name of the tournament, host golf course, number of rounds and type (regular/major). When creating a season, I made all events four rounds to be authentic with the PGA Tour, updated the event names and searched for created courses (see above list). After editing an event, simply select “Done” and move onto the next.

Note: Editing events can be a long process using a gaming controller. If possible, I recommend syncing up your console with your computer or phone if possible. I am on PS4 and used the program PS4 Remote Play which works great for creating/editing events in TGC2.

Once all of your events have been created for your PGA Tour season, you are good to start your offline season. One thing to mention is that at when starting your season, you are asked to select the difficulty of your opening tournament. Once that difficulty is selected, it will be the default difficulty for the rest of your season as you cannot edit the level of difficulty during the season. Because of this, I recommend playing a sample 5-10 event season to gauge the difficulty of the CPU players. Enjoy!
Old 11-23-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
All Star

bhurst99's Arena

OVR: 27

Looking forward to following. I didn't know about the career elements in Golf Cup 2.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #5
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

Season One Standings/Stats:

System: PS4
Difficulty: Hard
Schedule Template: 2016 PGA Tour

Tour Standings (after 12 events):

1. kcooper007 3,114 pts
2. Dustin Johnson 2,058 pts
3. Jordan Spieth 1,604 pts
4. Justin Thomas 1,553 pts
5. Justin Rose 1,451 pts
6. Zach Johnson 1,437 pts
7. Brooks Koepka 1,314 pts
8. John Rahm 1,004 pts
9. Francisco Molinari 957 pts
10. Rory McIlroy 920 pts

Individual Event Recaps:
1. Safeway Classic 73-80-71-75 = 299 (+7) – 7th place
2. CIMB Classic 71-76-72-70 = 289 (+1) – 6th place
3. Sanderson Farms Championship 74-75-70-72 = 291 (+3) - 7th place
4. World Golf Championships-HSBC 71-68-72-79 = 290 (+10) - 1st place
5. Shriner's Hospitals Open 35-34-33-31 = 133 (-11) - 1st place
6. OHL Classic at Mayakoba 72-68-69-72 = 281 (+1) - 1st place
7. The RSM Classic 64-59-60-60 = 243 (-37) - 1st place
8. ISPS Handa World Cup of Golf 70-67-70-80 =287 (-1) - 2nd place
9. Hero World Challenge 75-79-71-80 = 305 (+17) - 22nd place
10. Franklin Templeton Shootout 73-76-75-77 = 301 (+13) - 2nd place
11. SBS Tournament of Champions 63-64-63-67 = 257 (-31) - 8th place
12. Sony Open 73-67-69-64 = 273 (-15) - T-3rd place

Last edited by coopsta007; 07-24-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2017, 01:15 AM   #6
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

I kicked off my offline career mode this weekend by tailoring my schedule to reflect the 2016 PGA Tour season. Below is a recap of my first two events. One disappointment was that I have a rather large pool of created players in my offline society, and despite updating players with the top handicaps, I only registered one of my created players in my current season. I may or may not correct this in the future, but figured I’d start things off and see if additional players pop up at future events.

I started off my offline career on HARD difficulty. I decided to go with this level due to the fact there were two PlayStation trophies attached to the difficulty level and online discussion forums pegged hard difficulty as a good starting point for seasoned vets of TGC. In terms of golf clubs, I will be using the PLAYER club set for my first season. I quickly mastered the standard clubs and feel the tour clubs are too hard to use at this point. Although most of my shots with tour clubs are decent, they are unforgiving and have led to issues in the few rounds I have used them.

Tournament Scores:
Safeway Classic 73-80-71-75= (+7) – 7th place
CIMB Classic 71-76-72-70 = 289 (+1) – 6th place

In my first two tournaments, things went well as I was able to snag two top ten finishes. Despite the solid finishes, I feel I can do better as I rushed several shots during both tournaments. Since there is no load time in TGC, I constantly find myself golfing at a brisk pace and not taking the time to focus on wind speed, green speed, club selection, etc. If I can be patient and take the time to analyze shots, things should improve in upcoming tournaments.

In both tournaments, I also encountered multiple hazard penalties, something that is uncommon for me. I attribute this to simply golfing too fast and it cost me 3-5 strokes in each tournament. I’m hoping to curb this habit in the future tournaments as the hazard penalties took me out of the Top 5 in each tournament.

Anyways, that is it for now. I will provide updates as I play more tournaments in this season and also list feedback regarding the offline career mode in The Golf Club 2. I am going to try and get some additional tournaments played soon, however with the holiday season is approaching and I playing TGC Tours on the side, this will take some time.

If anybody has any questions, comments, etc. about my career, please post in this thread or shoot me a PM and I will do my best to provide an answer for you. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2017, 01:26 AM   #7
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

Over the last couple of weeks, I have played a combination of online TGC Tours and my offline career. Below is a recap of my last two tournaments.

Sanderson Farms Championship 74-75-70-72 = 291 (+3) - 7th place
World Golf Championships-HSBC 71-68-72-79 = 290 (+10) - 1st place

I don’t have a lot to say about the The Sanderson Farms Championship. This tournament was played at Ocean Cay Golf Club, a Par 72 official course on TGC. I enjoyed this course a lot and felt there was some definite risk and reward involved on the longer par 4 holes. While playing this course, I took few risks and played cautionary golf in hopes of nabbing another Top 10 finish. This played out okay as I took seventh place, but I could have cracked the top 5 if it wasn’t for my crummy second round (3 over par 75).

The WGC took place at a TGC official course called “Tropic Falls”. This course was fun to play, however there was an insane amount of tree shadows on the greens which made putting tougher than normal. I stayed in the Top 10 during most of this tournament, and was up atop the leaderboard by two strokes after the second round. Heading into the third round, I felt the WGC could be my first tourney win and I expanded my lead to five strokes after round three. At the start of round four, I held a 7 stroke lead, which seemed insurmountable at the time. Boy was I wrong. During the final round, I had a wind of 10-15 MPH blowing in my face on nearly 75% of the holes. This led to a very frustrating round of golf as I shot a 9 over par 79. I ended up winning this tournament by two strokes, but I felt destined to lose at one point as my lead shrunk from 7 strokes to a single stroke with three holes to play. I ended up going birdie/par/birdie on the final three holes to nab my first tour win. I probably won’t use this course in future tourneys as it was just too frustrating to play, not to mention there were multiple 500 yard Par 4 holes on this course as well.
Old 01-03-2018, 01:43 AM   #8
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

Happy New Year OS’ers! This is my first update of 2018 and things are definitely starting to tilt in my favor. I played three more tournaments and ended up winning all of them in convincing fashion.

Shriner's Hospitals Open 35-34-33-31 = 133 (-11) - 1st place
OHL Classic at Mayakoba 72-68-69-72 = 281 (+1) - 1st place
The RSM Classic 64-59-60-60 = 243 (-37) - 1st place

My first couple of career events, I played decent golf, but noticed I was struggling on judging approach shots due to elevation and wind. I took some time to complete a few practice rounds, focusing solely on approach shots from distance. This has helped me tremendously as I am doing much better on approaches and setting myself up for easier putts. The tournament results have shown as I ran off three more tournament wins in my offline career.
The first tournament I played was The Shriner’s Classic at Blue Ridge Golf Club. When I setup my season, I failed to notice this course was a 9-hole golf course, so this tournament went by pretty quick. The course itself was pretty decent and my scores got progressively better throughout the tournament. The closest AI competitor was not even close as I won handily by 14 strokes.

My second tournament was the OHL Classic at Mayakoba which was played at the Scrublands Golf Course. This was a pretty difficult course as I shot around/over par all four rounds. My closest AI competition was 12 strokes back of my score, which allowed me to coast to victory in the second tournament in a row.

The last tournament was The RSM Classic at Little Brook Manor. I haven’t dabbled a lot into TGC series, however one thing I remember about TGC1 was that Little Brook Manor was a top-rated user course. Along with the fact it is an easier course, I remember playing Little Brook Manor several times prior on TGC1 to get familiar with playing the game. Being well aware of the layout of the course, this made for an eventful tournament as I shot -10 under par or better in three of my four rounds. I set a personal best when I shot a -12 under 59 in my second round, and I could have beaten this record in my third and fourth rounds as I had a putted better. I attribute this to playing my TGC Tours online season prior to each of my final two rounds. My TGC Tours season event had fast greens and Little Brook Manor green are very slow which is a huge change of pace. Needless to say, I was pleased with my overall score as I shot -37 under par and won by 17 strokes.

Overall, these large tournament wins have me wishing I had set a harder difficulty. When I initially setup my offline career, I saw a PSN trophy was awarded for claiming a points title on HARD difficulty. Immediately, I thought this would be a good difficulty setting that would give me a challenge as I wasn’t a huge TGC player. The more I have invested into this game, I better my stick skills have gotten which has made the A.I. easier to beat. Hopefully things get harder in future tournaments, otherwise, I am looking at an easy PSN trophy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »