Home

Thank you to the Devs

This is a discussion on Thank you to the Devs within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2017, 01:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thank you to the Devs

After the debacle concerning Battlefront 2 today, I just wanted to say thanks to the EA UFC dev team for actually caring about the player. It is much appreciated by all of us that you all are attempting to make the changes we've been asking for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Thank you to the Devs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejahamps
After the debacle concerning Battlefront 2 today, I just wanted to say thanks to the EA UFC dev team for actually caring about the player. It is much appreciated by all of us that you all are attempting to make the changes we've been asking for.
I second that. It’s good to see that they’re actively looking through these forums to see what the fans actually want
Old 11-13-2017, 10:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Of course it's perfectly reasonable to be critical of the game and how it's being developed, we all just want the perfect MMA/UFC game in the end, but there seems to be a lot of negativity over the smallest of things and i'm glad someone else agrees that the Devs are doing a good job.

Maybe I'm not looking deep enough in to other game's circles, but this is the first time I've ever seen Devs who are actively engaged with the community and take suggestions while seeming genially happy to be talking to us about their game, it's a great feeling and it's something I wish people did more.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:29 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVirus
Of course it's perfectly reasonable to be critical of the game and how it's being developed, we all just want the perfect MMA/UFC game in the end, but there seems to be a lot of negativity over the smallest of things and i'm glad someone else agrees that the Devs are doing a good job.

Maybe I'm not looking deep enough in to other game's circles, but this is the first time I've ever seen Devs who are actively engaged with the community and take suggestions while seeming genially happy to be talking to us about their game, it's a great feeling and it's something I wish people did more.
I have exactly the same feeling as you. They are very active and i have the feeling that they really listen to the gamechangers and some others who have some solid ideas.
But to be honest I don't care for other games so much. Since the beginning of this franchise i am hoping for new releases, now with this 3rd part they have to really deliver. I also have the feeling that alot of gaming websites play mostly stand up because they dont have time to really practice the ground game and master it. So if the stand up of this game is really solid and fluid like they tell us and the ko's are realistic, i predict much better reviews and hopefully a much larger player base. But i could be wrong of course.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:43 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirsunny2
I have exactly the same feeling as you. They are very active and i have the feeling that they really listen to the gamechangers and some others who have some solid ideas.
But to be honest I don't care for other games so much. Since the beginning of this franchise i am hoping for new releases, now with this 3rd part they have to really deliver. I also have the feeling that alot of gaming websites play mostly stand up because they dont have time to really practice the ground game and master it. So if the stand up of this game is really solid and fluid like they tell us and the ko's are realistic, i predict much better reviews and hopefully a much larger player base. But i could be wrong of course.
Of course you shouldn't look forward to the "next next" game before the most recent game is released, but I wonder if UFC 4 will have it's clinch and ground work redone just like standup, and if so we could seriously have the best MMA game of all time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #6
Banned

Shhh. Don't bring attention to any of this or EA will ruin it.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:20 AM   #7
MVP

Yaari's Arena

Yes I absolutely love the fact that developers like GPD and Skynet have been around to read about all the feedback people have been giving for such a long time. EA MMA had great developers too, that interacted with the fans, but this is on an entirely different level. I really hope their hard work pays off and people will appreciate the game.

But on that note, I don't want to write off Battlefront 2 developers as "not caring about the players". I'm sure that developers of that game didn't just feel like putting in a bunch of ridiculous timegated unlocks/microtransactions in that game, and it is obvious where the demand for that actually came from. I'm now reading about Battlefront 2 developers reaching death threats and that is just sad.

Any game is essentially only a few steps away from a similar ridiculous treatment as far as microtransactions go, but that does not for a second mean that there weren't a lot of passionate people involved to create it. Picking out individuals that worked on a game to give them **** about that, really disgusts me.
Old 11-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaari
Yes I absolutely love the fact that developers like GPD and Skynet have been around to read about all the feedback people have been giving for such a long time. EA MMA had great developers too, that interacted with the fans, but this is on an entirely different level. I really hope their hard work pays off and people will appreciate the game.

But on that note, I don't want to write off Battlefront 2 developers as "not caring about the players". I'm sure that developers of that game didn't just feel like putting in a bunch of ridiculous timegated unlocks/microtransactions in that game, and it is obvious where the demand for that actually came from. I'm now reading about Battlefront 2 developers reaching death threats and that is just sad.
If you paid attention to the demands theaters have just for the privilege of showing Star Wars, it's pretty obvious where this stuff comes from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »