Home

CFM Team to play with long-term

This is a discussion on CFM Team to play with long-term within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
CFM Team to play with long-term

Looking for a team to use in CFM. Im currently set-up to use Arizona, but they really dont need a rebuild at all, just a solid QB in the draft and defensive pickups with the $45M they have in cap space. Other teams I'm thinking about are Buffalo, New York (both teams LOL), Indy, and then maybe Cincy, Denver, Chicago, or the Chargers.

Main thing im looking for is a team that needs a new QB, but mainly a team with offense as their noticeable weakness. Ive always been a guy thats a lot more knowledgeable on offense, so itd only be realistic for a team with a weak offense to hire an offensive-minded guy to lead them into a new era.

The other thing I've been thinking of however is taking control of a team with an explosive offense for a season, and then taking a job offer in the offseason . So basically what im asking is for anyone who wants to help me decide is state which way I should start, and then list what team would be best if you suggest the first way. Thanks guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 11:58 AM   #2
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CFM Team to play with long-term

Miami’s always a good place. They have good, young playmakers but also need a revamped O-line, RB, and QB. I wouldn’t trust Tannehill’s knee so I’d ship him for a draft pick and toss Cutler.

Cincinnati is in a similar boat. I play with them (Miami is my favorite team irl) for the sake of getting A.J Green a ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Maybe Jacksonville?
Old 11-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Baltimore fits your needs to a degree.

Their receivers are awful, their RBs are awful, their OL is meh, and your QB is an overpaid Flacco (who will begin regressing but is still serviceable).

Yeah, they're decent enough to win early in a CFM...but the wheels will begin to fall off and if you win those first couple of seasons, you will be trying to build/rebuild using lower draft picks.

All of the teams you mentioned have significant weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Baltimore...well, not so much....
Old 11-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #5
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Miami’s always a good place. They have good, young playmakers but also need a revamped O-line, RB, and QB. I wouldn’t trust Tannehill’s knee so I’d ship him for a draft pick and toss Cutler.

Cincinnati is in a similar boat. I play with them (Miami is my favorite team irl) for the sake of getting A.J Green a ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Miami might be a good fit, but being the Bears fan I am and after using them the past couple Maddens, I dont think I could go another season with Cutler and keep my sanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
Maybe Jacksonville?
Jacksonville could be interesting. Bortles isnt exactly the greatest but Fournette and Yeldon would be a solid 1-2 punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Baltimore fits your needs to a degree.

Their receivers are awful, their RBs are awful, their OL is meh, and your QB is an overpaid Flacco (who will begin regressing but is still serviceable).

Yeah, they're decent enough to win early in a CFM...but the wheels will begin to fall off and if you win those first couple of seasons, you will be trying to build/rebuild using lower draft picks.

All of the teams you mentioned have significant weapons on the offensive side of the ball. Baltimore...well, not so much....
Baltimore could be a nice team to try as well... I definitely agree that they dont really have any real weapons on offense and Flacco isnt close to a QB you'd consider as a franchise quarterback for years to come.

Thank you all for the suggestions! Looking forward to what anyone else has to say!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

On another note, I would be cautious with a team like Jacksonville. Bortles isn't THAT bad (esp on Madden) and they have weapons all over the place (Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Westbrook, and that trio of RBs including Fournette) - you could put a total shmuck in at QB and still do decently). If you want a young team to dominate with for 5-10 seasons, there you go. If you want a CFM with potential for ups and downs and one requiring some work to build, I would go elsewhere. To me, Jacksonville is already "built"...and Tennessee is another one I would avoid for similar reasons....but it depends on what you're looking for.
Old 11-17-2017, 03:29 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Theres always the team most in community are doing the Jets and Browns, the bottom feeders. I don't see NYG as one, they just are littered with injuries. With JPP, OBJ, young TE and other quality receivers they do need a lot after this year. Chargers are also set madden wise. Set at WR, RB and defense isn't that bad either. I think you could debate each team, I agree with previous poster, Jags are easy to build Madden wise.

So for a rebuild id stick with the Jets, Browns and 49ers. Yes, Also Baltimore. Finally, the Colts are fun, yes your set at QB, but LOTS of other needs. One thing for fun and for a challenge, possibly trade TY for picks.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:08 PM   #8
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

I would vote Baltimore. I think as far as the land of Madden they need so much work on offense I would think the challenge would keep you interested longer.

The thing with Cleveland is the stockpile of draft picks they start out with gives you so much flexibility with either drafting players or trading them for upgrades.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »