Home

How Madden 18 Turns Their GOATs Into Goats

This is a discussion on How Madden 18 Turns Their GOATs Into Goats within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2017, 02:58 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
How Madden 18 Turns Their GOATs Into Goats

With the release of new holiday GOATs and solo challenges this month, Madden 18 is providing...

Written By: Kevin Scott

Click here to view the article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #2
Pro

wisdom less13's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How Madden 18 Turns Their GOATs Into Goats

These modes are like cigarettes. They're not good for you, but enough people are enjoying it to have it go away. One of my boys dumped a couple of hundred dollars a few years ago just to try and get a Barry Sanders card. He never got it. I stay away from these modes...

Franchise Mode Enthusiast.
Watch Me Suck at video games...
Old 11-20-2017, 03:54 PM   #3
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

80 hours to get them for free? Who has that much time when you could just buy the game a second time and have 1 new card.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-20-2017, 05:06 PM   #4
MVP

Toupal's Arena

OVR: 0

After the disaster of Battlefront II???

This company has no shame.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:25 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

MUT could be done in a really fun way. But it wouldn't have the same money making potential.

What they would need to do would be to remove the ability to add contracts to cards. With that small change they would be able to put good cards in reasonably priced (coin and point wise) packs which would make buying packs with coins actually fun. Right now it's a terrible economic move to buy those cheaper packs, but if they buff them then everybody will have superteams before long.

But people aren't going to shell out a ton of cash for cards that expire after 15 games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 06:21 PM   #6
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Old 11-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #7
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toupal
After the disaster of Battlefront II???

This company has no shame.
Not sure why or how anyone could reasonably expect any of EA Sports Ultimate Team modes to change their entire economies mid-stream in response to another unrelated game's PR problems. These in-game promotional events are planned out weeks and months in advance, changing course mid-stream is nearly impossible.

Generally, the balance between gameplay grind and pay walls with respect to access to content is an industry-wide issue. EA is certainly participant in this problem and certainly criticize them for it, but it's hardly exclusive to them alone. Overwatch, Shadow Of War, Forza Motorsport 7, NBA 2K18, and Call Of Duty: WWII immediately come to mind as other games pushing the micro transaction driven economy in AAA games; Battlefront II is merely the latest poster child.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:59 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Not sure why or how anyone could reasonably expect any of EA Sports Ultimate Team modes to change their entire economies mid-stream in response to another unrelated game's PR problems. These in-game promotional events are planned out weeks and months in advance, changing course mid-stream is nearly impossible.

Generally, the balance between gameplay grind and pay walls with respect to access to content is an industry-wide issue. EA is certainly participant in this problem and certainly criticize them for it, but it's hardly exclusive to them alone. Overwatch, Shadow Of War, Forza Motorsport 7, NBA 2K18, and Call Of Duty: WWII immediately come to mind as other games pushing the micro transaction driven economy in AAA games; Battlefront II is merely the latest poster child.
I wonder if people as a whole are just getting to the point that they find this unacceptable. I bought a nintendo switch for my daughter's Christmas earlier today and had an interesting conversation with the guy that sold it to me.

He just told me that this Nintendo is probably the best console out there (value wise) and we both agreed that things were just so simpler when we were kids. I asked mama or pop for a game, they dropped $50 and that was the end of it. You knew you were getting a finished product. I've seen and talked to countless people who recognize this.

Now they sell you what feels like half a finished game for $60, and ask you to be a beta tester for a few patches before the game is actually finished.

I find myself getting exhausted with the industry in it's entirety.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »