Home

New to Dynasty and need tips (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on New to Dynasty and need tips (Xbox 360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2017, 04:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
New to Dynasty and need tips (Xbox 360)

Hello guys so I'm looking to start playing this game a lot more! Was wanting to join a dynasty or start one myself. I see there are roster updates and looks like ways to make the playoff format and other tools that I have no idea really about. Can anyone explain what would be the best way to start my Dynasty? Also is there some slider tips for a better gameplay? Like I said I really don't know what all is out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2017, 09:13 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: New to Dynasty and need tips (Xbox 360)

If you are just now starting out, jumping into the game with sliders is not what I would advise. The best thing to do would be play some play now games on default settings, try out the different difficulty levels and see how you play the game. If you play a handful of games on All American and dominate, try Heisman. If you think Heisman is too cheap for the CPU you can then try sliders. You may find All American default to be perfect for you. I think it's best to get a feel for the game out of the box before going slider crazy. No one set is perfect for everyone and chances are you'll be tinkering with them and end up with a slightly different.

The best way to start a dynasty? I don't know if I am understanding this one completely, but I would recommend after you get a feel for the game to just start a single player offline dynasty. Once inside there are plenty of tutorials inside the game that will help you with recruiting, advancing the weeks, setting up red shirts, the schedule, etc. etc. It might not hurt to just run a test dynasty with a random team to get a feel for it. This could be your way of playing the game on default sliders as well so you knock out to birds with one stone.

Setting up the playoffs is not a particularly hard thing to do, but doing it for the first time can be a bit of a tall task. It depends on how familiar you are with the type of applications you work with. There is a big thread above that goes into great detail about the playoffs and has a well written step by step guide along with videos that will help you set the playoffs up how you'd like.

― Plato
Old 11-26-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
Rookie

I'm an offensive coordinator looking to implement a specific type of offense. I think it is similar to a West Coast offense. I'm looking for a run heavy offense with easy, short passes for my quarterback. Which team's playbook would be best to use?
Old 12-05-2017, 12:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamergt
I'm an offensive coordinator looking to implement a specific type of offense. I think it is similar to a West Coast offense. I'm looking for a run heavy offense with easy, short passes for my quarterback. Which team's playbook would be best to use?
Georgia, USC, Florida, Arkansas, Michigan St were all running variations of the West Coast.

Stanford sounds a lot like what you're looking for. There are also the generically named offenses included in the game. Look for anything titled "Pro" or "West Coast". I believe there is a "Run Heavy" playbook, as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »