Home

Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

This is a discussion on Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 07:58 PM   #1
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

Let me preface this by saying I have been very negative about Madden 18 and its issues, but with the new patch it restored faith and I bought it for 20 bucks from PS store.

I love the way this game is playing now with sliders. The new qb logic is huuge. even though it has some kinks they need to work out (throwing across body across the field, throwing to someone parallel to them while facing the wrong direction. ball just shoots out of their hand straight to the right) It has made this game playable and enjoyable within CFM even with lack of depth inside CFM.

That being said...I just played a game that really got me to wonder. Does Madden just decide you arent going to win a game and does things to make sure of it? I wanted to record audio over the following video but couldnt because Youtube removed that feature.

basically in a tight game towards end of the 3rd quarter I am down 14-6 to steelers and driving. Robby anderson makes an amazing catch to set up 1st and goal from the 1 yard line. However, CPU challenges and REVERSES the call!! I couldnt believe this. so I go into replay, and it was 100% a catch! i go slow, look at it from multiple angles, no doubt about. its a catch. so why then....would the game call it incomplete?? I was so very upset.

The very next play I catch them in Man defense and I throw a ball to my WR WIDE-OPEN in the endzone. He DROPS it....just simply drops it right out of his hands.

at this point its now 3rd and long and I really needed 6 because points and ball movement had been hard to come by and wasnt sure if i would get this close again....

I was so flustered, the very next play I didnt even read the defense, just made my mind up and threw it...and its intercepted in the endzone. I raged quit.

the game took away a first and goal from the 1 yardline from me...then a TD the following play to preserve a 14-6 lead.

I would like you to watch the video clip below and please give me your thoughts and analysis.

look drops happen, just to have a drop right after it overturned a clear cut catch?

I am still enjoying the gameplay and game...i took a day off to cool down...but the challenge system needs to be reworked so it can at least get the calls right?

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Re: Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

nobody has Any thoughts?? even on the clip??

Sent from my VS987 using Operation Sports mobile app

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 11-25-2017, 11:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
nobody has Any thoughts?? even on the clip??

I mean, what do you expect?

The product does not understand what football is, just how to illustrate what it thinks looks like NFL football.

The sideline logic has been poor for a few years now. IIRC you can be running towards the pylon with your feet inbounds but the ball out of bounds, and when you cross the goal line you will be considered OOB at the inch line (despite the fact that this is always a touchdown in actual football.)

I suspect the AI had trouble understanding you are actually inbounds because of the weird logic this game has that is centered around the Football. Another unfortunate example of how even the simplest concepts of American Football are lost within this product.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

The challenge system, I agree, it's garbage and needs re-working. Clint mentioned on Twitter it needs overhauling or fixing.

The drop in the end zone I won't agree with because it was raining, drops happen more in inclement weather and sometimes, drops happen.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0
Post Re: Does Madden Cheat so CPU wins?

The challenge system does not work. It is a decision based on some coded mechanic. The decision has nothing to do with what the video evidence shows. You are not coded to lose. I do believe there is coding to keep the game close. In my franchises this year 95% of my fumbles have been with a lead in the 4th quarter. Some say that is because the cpu is using a coaching adjustment. No coaching adjustment should make a 90+ carry hb fumbel every three carries otherwise that woud be the base setting unless the coach is a moron. Likewise, interceptions happen the same way. I throw them in earlier quarters do to my own bad decisions but in the 4th good decisions are intercepted a lot. If you get a three score lead all of this seems to stop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Doesn't cheat, AI just changes tactics down the stretch + you're observing a bug or two and/or shoddy system (challenges) to leave you with that impression.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:41 PM   #7
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
The challenge system, I agree, it's garbage and needs re-working. Clint mentioned on Twitter it needs overhauling or fixing.

The drop in the end zone I won't agree with because it was raining, drops happen more in inclement weather and sometimes, drops happen.
i agree..drops happen...but happened right after the overturn...

and Joe Haden didn't drop the INT...

but i was more upset about the drop given its timing

Old 11-25-2017, 12:50 PM   #8
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
i agree..drops happen...but happened right after the overturn...

and Joe Haden didn't drop the INT...

but i was more upset about the drop given its timing

Understood, just a coincidence from this end, you need to factor in the weather into the equation, too, even though Haden didn't drop the Int.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »