Home

Rebounding

This is a discussion on Rebounding within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2017, 11:41 PM   #1
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Rebounding

Rebounding is way to reliant on height whether it be in regular games or Pro Am. Players shouldn't be rewarded with 20 rebounds just because they are 7 3. My idea is to bring back offensive goaltending from a few years back. Jumping as soon as the shooter releases the ball should result in goaltending. Will force players to actually time rebounds. Bring some skill back to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 11:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rebounding

I kinda feel you, but the game of basketball has always been about height for a reason. Being easier to score at that height as no one can block your shot and to get to the ball before anyone else. Stats are already inflated in Pro Am because of ratings and the fact it's a video game. You honestly expect a high rated 7'3" player not to grab near 20? Andre Drummond is averaging like 15rpg this year.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-26-2017, 07:24 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakaido
I kinda feel you, but the game of basketball has always been about height for a reason. Being easier to score at that height as no one can block your shot and to get to the ball before anyone else. Stats are already inflated in Pro Am because of ratings and the fact it's a video game. You honestly expect a high rated 7'3" player not to grab near 20? Andre Drummond is averaging like 15rpg this year.

Andre is also not 7'3".
Neither are any of the leading rebounded in the league.
There have only been 25 players that were 7'3" in the history of the NBA. Most of which never amounted to anything.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-26-2017, 07:52 AM   #4
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

* Clears throat * again why does 2k even have 7’3 centers in pro am ? The limit should be 7’1 . Hell the average center is 6’11 today. Do you know how much more skill would be involved if centers were actually 7’1 in pro am? You would see more guards getting boards for one. Floor spacing would be better .
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 11-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #5
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Been trying to figure out methods to get my normal size MyPlayer C (7'0) to not get cheated out of rebounds by players that are behind me. I'm going to start recording my contested rebound attempts from now on and put the vids here.

Has anyone experimented with using turbo while trying to get boards? I tried using it in one game last night and it "seemed" to make my guy jump higher for boards, but it could just be my imagination.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 12:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
* Clears throat * again why does 2k even have 7’3 centers in pro am ? The limit should be 7’1 . Hell the average center is 6’11 today. Do you know how much more skill would be involved if centers were actually 7’1 in pro am? You would see more guards getting boards for one. Floor spacing would be better .
I 100% agree with this statement. 7'3" is a crazy height to be considered common in Pro am. That alone doesn't reflect real life sim.

About how many guys do we even have that's 7'3" in the NBA at this current moment?
Old 11-26-2017, 12:56 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
Andre is also not 7'3".
Neither are any of the leading rebounded in the league.
There have only been 25 players that were 7'3" in the history of the NBA. Most of which never amounted to anything.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app
That's kinda my point. He's not as tall but is still getting 15 rebounds. You're playing a video game where pure sharps are shooting 50 to 60% from the three point line. Over inflated as hell. Those 7'3" real life players were probably not good or more likely not didn't play long and well due to injuries, as men that size get them pretty easy. A high rated 7'3" player, with no injuries, in a game that significantly inflates your stats with badges will definitely get 20 rebounds. It's annoying, but it is what it is.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:27 PM   #8
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Something Nba Live got right lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »