Home

AI Beta Feedback

This is a discussion on AI Beta Feedback within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2017, 10:21 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
AI Beta Feedback

I wanted to create a thread for constructive feedback on how the AI plays out in the beta. Let us try to keep it constructive and discuss both the things that we feel should be worked on as well as the things that we like (tendencies, difficulty, realistic combos and play). I plan to test all the difficulties and then post some of my opinions on the matter but figured a separate forum would be a good place for us single player/ Universe mode players to post our feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 10:24 AM   #2
MVP

Re: AI Beta Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waterboy92
I wanted to create a thread for constructive feedback on how the AI plays out in the beta. Let us try to keep it constructive and discuss both the things that we feel should be worked on as well as the things that we like (tendencies, difficulty, realistic combos and play). I plan to test all the difficulties and then post some of my opinions on the matter but figured a separate forum would be a good place for us single player/ Universe mode players to post our feedback.
100% with you dude. If I don't need the PSN to download, not even going to touch the online portion. All about the AI & offline for me.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:33 AM   #3
Rookie

One major concern I have after watching AI v AI on the highest difficulty is the pacing of striking. It seems like AI have the same overly aggressive tendencies as UFC 2. AI shouldn't need to rely on blitzing combinations and overwhelming your defense to be effective. Timing and effective counters should be very important for AI success rather than going into all out assault.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chernobyl426
One major concern I have after watching AI v AI on the highest difficulty is the pacing of striking. It seems like AI have the same overly aggressive tendencies as UFC 2. AI shouldn't need to rely on blitzing combinations and overwhelming your defense to be effective. Timing and effective counters should be very important for AI success rather than going into all out assault.
One thing to keep in mind is that on higher difficulties, the AI will use longer combos. Thats why you were seeing more 4-5 punch combos from Diaz on the highest level in that video.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
One thing to keep in mind is that on higher difficulties, the AI will use longer combos. Thats why you were seeing more 4-5 punch combos from Diaz on the highest level in that video.
It might just be a Diaz thing to be fair. I think a big part of why it is off-putting is the amount of times where Nate continues combinations even if they aren't landing. He'll throw 3-4 strikes in combination and every single one of them will miss. There isn't typically a strike to find range followed up with a couple shots. It's unrealistic the amount of times he throws combos without Conor being in range.

It seems like the AI is simply throwing combinations without regard for being countered, or attempting to capitalize on openings.

Here's another big concern of mine with the rate strikes are being used.

https://gifs.com/gif/combo-on-air-OygQpQ

I know it's always been an issue with punches being spammed during a KD animation from players, but it's really disheartening to see it from the AI. These are three strikes in a row once Conor hits the mat that really break you out of the moment.

Number of strikes in first round of that fight for Diaz is 113 by my count. By comparison IRL Nate threw 73 and 74 during first round of fights with Conor.

Last edited by Chernobyl426; 11-27-2017 at 11:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #6
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
It might just be a Diaz thing to be fair. I think a big part of why it is off-putting is the amount of times where Nate continues combinations even if they aren't landing. He'll throw 3-4 strikes in combination and every single one of them will miss. There isn't typically a strike to find range followed up with a couple shots. It's unrealistic the amount of times he throws combos without Conor being in range.

It seems like the AI is simply throwing combinations without regard for being countered, or attempting to capitalize on openings.

Here's another big concern of mine with the rate strikes are being used.

https://gifs.com/gif/combo-on-air-OygQpQ

I know it's always been an issue with punches being spammed during a KD animation from players, but it's really disheartening to see it from the AI. These are three strikes in a row once Conor hits the mat that really break you out of the moment.
Good points.

What I'm seeing there is that it appears the AI preloaded that last combo. Thats concerning but my bigger concern is that the AI seemed to ignore its stamina dropping and the strikes didnt appear noticeably slower even though 3/4 of his stamina was gone before he threw the combo.

Stamina and aggression are the things that I'm going to pay the most attention to in the beta. Now there is a feature that hasnt been announced yet (I'm hoping its in the beta but I cant talk about it yet) that will help these issues but i would like to see the AI slow down alot more.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:10 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Good points.

What I'm seeing there is that it appears the AI preloaded that last combo. Thats concerning but my bigger concern is that the AI seemed to ignore its stamina dropping and the strikes didnt appear noticeably slower even though 3/4 of his stamina was gone before he threw the combo.

Stamina and aggression are the things that I'm going to pay the most attention to in the beta. Now there is a feature that hasnt been announced yet (I'm hoping its in the beta but I cant talk about it yet) that will help these issues but i would like to see the AI slow down alot more.
100% agree that the bigger concern is the AI ignoring stamina depletion and strikes not seeming to slow down. That ties directly into overly aggressive AI that wants to overwhelm rather than respect your power. If the AI doesn't respect the power of your shots, it's going to be either you getting overrun or waiting until a 4-5 shot combo to end to drop a bomb that puts the AI on shaky legs. While the loaded combo isn't always pretty aesthetically, the fact it's often loaded with low stamina is a problem.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:13 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
100% agree that the bigger concern is the AI ignoring stamina depletion and strikes not seeming to slow down. That ties directly into overly aggressive AI that wants to overwhelm rather than respect your power. If the AI doesn't respect the power of your shots, it's going to be either you getting overrun or waiting until a 4-5 shot combo to end to drop a bomb that puts the AI on shaky legs. While the loaded combo isn't always pretty aesthetically, the fact it's often loaded with low stamina is a problem.
Yep. This is what the beta is for. If the AI was hyper aggressive at retail, I would be pissed. We at least have the chance for feedback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »