Home

Striking is going to be a spam fest.

This is a discussion on Striking is going to be a spam fest. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 11-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Striking is going to be a spam fest.

EDIT: Wow, I'm an idiot.. My issue with the 1-2 spamming seems to be more of a UT issue. I didn't have anywhere near as much of a problem online. Turns out I was using the RS incorrectly... I didn't realise standing still allows your to sway and move with the RS.

My issue with the game seems to be my own ignorance with the controls. The game itself does feel very fluid and is in a great position with regard to the stand up and I thoroughly look forward to it's release.

I think there's definitely issues with UT being spammy when using a striker vs grappler, ridiculous with the 1-2 spam. The submission gates are even more ridiculous as well on UT. I can get out in the normal mode fine... UT, no chance.

Last edited by thedeadchicken89; 11-29-2017 at 03:20 PM. Reason: To avoid further confusion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 01:43 PM   #2
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Re: Striking is going to be a spam fest.

Good points chicken. I probably won't buy new but wait and see what the game is like after a bunch of patches
Old 11-28-2017, 01:48 PM   #3
Banned

People said this about For Honor, too. And every time a new character is added per season the complaint is "All they'll do is spam with them". Until like....two-three weeks later. When players learn how to punish spam.

Yes, this game is going to be a spam fest for a little. And then people will learn how to destroy you for doing it.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
Rookie

I agree its a spamfest now because ppl are new to it. But try that spam **** with someone who knows how to use their stamina and your done. This game is compltely spamable for sure but it also has a nice counter balance to fight that so spammers can in fact be KOd easily as they run their stamina down.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:21 PM   #5
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeadchicken89
It appears a majority of players on the forums seem to be enjoying the new striking system, I however haven't seen such a spam fest. The game looks great and the striking appears more "fluid", but the skill cap has been reduced. Why learn the various combinations and apparent counters when all you need to do is throw 1-2-1-4, reset, throw 1-2-1-4 legkick, reset, 1-2-1-4, reset, 1-2-1-4, etc.

Apparently ducking is the answer to the 1-2-1-4 combo's people just throw... However, all I seem to find is when I duck, their jab will soft stun me and they proceed to land 3 clean punches. Maybe my timing is bad, maybe theres input lag, but all I can see if the same combinations being thrown and the apparent counter to them, quite often, not being effective at all.

If I put up my block, it's depleted within 4/5 punches of people spamming 1-2s and their punches still come at the same speed for the 5/6th punch as their first few punches, if I try to counter I get a straight to the face. Stamina doesn't matter anywhere near as much as previous versions of the game when throwing combo's.

Big dashes are laboured and require a counter intuitive flick of the RS with L1, rather than flicking the LS. Why?

The new sway system is a downgrade of the previous version where you could literally duck down and sway left to right... Now you have to duck, sway left, duck, sway right, all the while returning your head upright between. I was expecting the previous system to be implemented where you can move at the same time, instead we're forced into animations and have limited freedom in the movement.

One of the biggest gripes with the striking in previous instalments was the lack of fluidity and footwork during the strikes (e.g. Moving forward when attacking), which has certainly been addressed, but at what cost? The skill ceiling has been reduced.

Right now, as someone with thousands of hours on the previous instalments, at a competitive level, I am actually considering cancelling my pre-order and waiting to see what the finished product actually plays like.

I definitely prefer the UFC 2 sways/head movement after my first day of playing. I'm hoping I'll grow into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 02:31 PM   #6
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Not against me - you try to spam you'll get caught.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:53 PM   #7
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Not against me - you try to spam you'll get caught.
Same here

I'll either catch you w/ some big counters; or let you blow your load for a round and a half, then take you down for a GnP finish

I think overly-aggressive 'spammy' styles will get their asses handed to them once folks learn some defense
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Old 11-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #8
Pro

TheJamesKraus's Arena

It's simple... learn head mooment

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »