Home

Countering 1-2 body spam is egregiously hard.

This is a discussion on Countering 1-2 body spam is egregiously hard. within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2017, 01:14 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Countering 1-2 body spam is egregiously hard.

Three times now I have encountered players that will do nothing but throw 1-2s to the body. They will never back up no matter what. Easy to counter, right?

No. I must have hit the last guy with a counter uppercut while he's down there 15 times. I got for the hook after but you can block it He would get rocked more often than not but not for long and the cycle would continue. I block my body but some will get through. That combined with the stamina used to counter will always put you in a deficit.

It's not impossible to beat, but they should be getting put down by the fourth uppercut in a round. Of course they only hold head block so if you want to break their guard you have to use even MORE stamina. Speaking of, I have rarely ever broken someone's guard. Even if I turn the heat on and throw a 1-3-4-3 two times in a row they won't go down when rocked.

Anybody have similar experiences or any information I can use to better counter this tactic? These players aren't good and countering is not the issue. The problem is they can keep going even when I do hit them.

EDIT: I think you can really only break the guard with signature strikes like the overhand or a head kick. This absolutely should not be the case. I generally keep to the meat and potatoes of straights, uppercuts, and hooks but I should be able to finish guys easier without using big strikes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 03:15 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Countering 1-2 body spam is egregiously hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaLemur
Three times now I have encountered players that will do nothing but throw 1-2s to the body. They will never back up no matter what. Easy to counter, right?

No. I must have hit the last guy with a counter uppercut while he's down there 15 times. I got for the hook after but you can block it He would get rocked more often than not but not for long and the cycle would continue. I block my body but some will get through. That combined with the stamina used to counter will always put you in a deficit.

It's not impossible to beat, but they should be getting put down by the fourth uppercut in a round. Of course they only hold head block so if you want to break their guard you have to use even MORE stamina. Speaking of, I have rarely ever broken someone's guard. Even if I turn the heat on and throw a 1-3-4-3 two times in a row they won't go down when rocked.

Anybody have similar experiences or any information I can use to better counter this tactic? These players aren't good and countering is not the issue. The problem is they can keep going even when I do hit them.

EDIT: I think you can really only break the guard with signature strikes like the overhand or a head kick. This absolutely should not be the case. I generally keep to the meat and potatoes of straights, uppercuts, and hooks but I should be able to finish guys easier without using big strikes.
When a guy is spamming these body punches, i always try to keep the distance, let him come in and throw a head kick. The key is also to mix it up a bit with you engaging first and land a combo that ends with a head kick. At least that is what i have been doing with pettis and it works quite well. Trying to lunge with l1, don't end up against the cage and throwing long strikes or combos is key a think for these 1-2 body and head spammers
Old 11-30-2017, 03:42 AM   #3
MVP

If you're using someone with knees you'll stop that sillyness pretty quickly,
I was barboza last night against Nate, he dived in with a few low 1-2's in a row, on the third on I hit R2+X while he was going low, BLAM, night night.

Of course only a few fighters have knees so this isn't a one stop fix, but as above said, side stepping can work, so can well timed body kicks as they'll go to the head of a ducking opponent, I'm always getting caught by the CPU while trying to work out body combos (other than 1-2)

That said, 1-2's are either too fast or too powerful. Id rather they lost their power and kept their speed, atleast jabs, i tired of Jab KO's lol.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:59 AM   #4
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

The body 1-2s are the only strikes with no stopping power, I think. So, you can trade with them, using uppers, without needing to try to block, first.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:14 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
The body 1-2s are the only strikes with no stopping power, I think. So, you can trade with them, using uppers, without needing to try to block, first.
I wondered why the jab didn't cancel my knee, thanks, this is real handy to know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2017, 09:20 AM   #6
Rookie

I don't know if you're talking about UFC2 or UFC3. If UFC2, you're right, that was one of my complaints about that game and I did not found a solution at all, just keeping the distance and trying uppercuts.

In UFC3 it does not seem a problem anymore to be honest. The problem now is 1-2 body kick, it's fast, decent damage and demolishes your stamina if spammed.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:25 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

It's a good counter against blocking. Gotta slip.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:35 AM   #8
MVP

leg kick the modafoca... upper him

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »