Home

'18 MUST upgrades - between pitch animations

This is a discussion on '18 MUST upgrades - between pitch animations within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2017, 10:58 PM   #1
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3
'18 MUST upgrades - between pitch animations

We've seen the same for years. Immersion killers:

Pitchers: Get those pitchers a chiropractor. Enough with the weird neck contortions.

Batters: We gotta have new hitters rituals. Simple fix: signature rituals. Not just walk ups.

Fielders: Trash the awkward bowed and chicken wings arms punching the glove very play. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2017, 10:36 AM   #2
Rookie

Neith's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: '18 MUST upgrades - between pitch animations

Honestly, have to agree. The Show is now lacking in the fundamental small details. It's the biggest hole in the "franchise" now. I cannot stand how streamlined and void of little details this game has become on the PS4.

The animations and field/stadium details are just severely lacking to me anyway. I hope this year can add a lot to the deal.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

spike83's Arena

OVR: 2

A MUST UPGRADE has to be the pitching motions. I've always disliked how it done since it's so unnatural. Someone on this forum (I can't recall who otherwise I'd give credit) once compared it to lobbing softballs.

It's been discussed many times here but apparently is not a priority to SDS Team. PYS when it was in existence nailed the physics perfectly. Still cannot understand why it cannot be done with The Show.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:53 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandmac
We've seen the same for years. Immersion killers:

Batters: We gotta have new hitters rituals. Simple fix: signature rituals. Not just walk ups.

Definitely this one!.. it's amazing how many batter between pitch rituals they had back in MLB 2K8 and it started lacking in The Show after 11.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:21 PM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjwm
Definitely this one!.. it's amazing how many batter between pitch rituals they had back in MLB 2K8 and it started lacking in The Show after 11.
Yep agree 100%. After 11, the presentation went more streamlined. I loved the step outs, the rituals etc.

We used to “x” through them if we wanted.

I want that MLB 11 real time presentation back too. But it is not going to happen IMO.

Here is hoping to more authentic presentation for 18.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2017, 12:41 AM   #6
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

There's always been a handful of things I've never particularly cared for. But I don't know when they'll have the capability of fixing it.

I remember once an animator actually replied how very difficult it is to have players hold the bat in their hands in all the different ways a human can. Which often has players bending at the wrist in impossible angles at the plate when doing a practice swing.

And I imagine they've tried to have gloves less rigid and more like the leathery, flexible material it would be in real life, but I'm sure it causes copious amounts of clipping and looks worse. But gloves have two states. Empty with no ball in it and closed with a ball in it.

I've always wondered why there's not at least a 3rd, closed with no ball in ti state for pitchers. I couldn't imagine a pitcher trying to throw with their gloved hand totally wide open.

They keep making strides though. Literally. I LOVE the different running animations for speedy players, athletic ones, and the David Ortiz.

And I imagine we could get a few more types of strike out looking animations that aren't complaining to the ump, even when I stupidly look at a strike right down the plate.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:24 AM   #7
Pro

sandmac's Arena

OVR: 3

SCEA must recognize that the majority of the players for this franchise have been committed to the game for many years and deserve animation upgrades to those repetitive moments between pitches. We've all literally looked at the same animations thousands and thousands of times over the years.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:59 PM   #8
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I'd like, sometimes, to see no cut-scenes. Pitcher catches the ball, waits for the batter to get in the box.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »