Home

Stopping the Drive animation

This is a discussion on Stopping the Drive animation within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2017, 05:53 PM   #1
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Stopping the Drive animation

How do you guys stop this animation consistently ? Jumping is almost always an and1 . Reaching is a shooting foul. Drawing a charge is a blocking foul. Hands up doesn’t seem to affect the shot . Mostly asking pro am users btw.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Stopping the Drive animation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
How do you guys stop this animation consistently ? Jumping is almost always an and1 . Reaching is a shooting foul. Drawing a charge is a blocking foul. Hands up doesn’t seem to affect the shot . Mostly asking pro am users btw.
I think most proam guys will agree with me. Help defense.... One of the weakest I know from my head to head games is if any help defender games to that ball hand. He will turn it over. So you teammates need to communicate with each. When leaving your man and some replacing. It's super easy to do it by myself. When others are involved. It can be tough. That's why people need to practice as a team. It's super important.

This all from a guy who never created a my player. But just from my head to heads I kind of know how the game works.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:28 PM   #3
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I think most proam guys will agree with me. Help defense.... One of the weakest I know from my head to head games is if any help defender games to that ball hand. He will turn it over. So you teammates need to communicate with each. When leaving your man and some replacing. It's super easy to do it by myself. When others are involved. It can be tough. That's why people need to practice as a team. It's super important.

This all from a guy who never created a my player. But just from my head to heads I kind of know how the game works.
That’s great advice actually . Team pro am is full of shooters though . That’s the only problem. But i think mixing in some traps would be nice ! Good looking
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 12-11-2017, 06:38 PM   #4
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

OVR: 0

Pure lockdown defender thread closed. Crazy how that build can stop driving with maxed strength speed and quickness
Old 12-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
That’s great advice actually . Team pro am is full of shooters though . That’s the only problem.
Checks and balance....

If I was on a team. I'd have a code words for shortcuts. So players know who is leaving who. And who covering the help man. It doesn't really take much to contest someone. Everyone knows their animations when standing still. I'm sure they have no clue what their release is when contested. I'd force guys to shoot. Most teams probably have no clue about after rotation 1 or 2.

But once I found who couldn't shoot on a team. I'd rotate off him all the time. Play to your opponents weakness. And I'm not saying leave him open. I'm saying rotate late. At the end of a possession

There should be a shot clock violation, defensive rebound or a turnover. No easy points.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2017, 06:54 PM   #6
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHarden
Pure lockdown defender thread closed. Crazy how that build can stop driving with maxed strength speed and quickness
May have to look into that . I like . Did not think of the strength factor. Disagree with closing the thread . I’m learning.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 12-11-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:20 PM   #7
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I have a rebounding rim protector and after getting 6 blocks the ones driving started to pull back whenever I started to help lol

Jeebs is right with the help D but it's hard if the whole team decides to help and leaves everyone open. Damn three point shot is to easy.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 12-11-2017, 10:46 PM   #8
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I usually just jump at them until they dunk on me and get the and 1. Solves absolutely nothing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »