Home

CFM Rated Roster (XB1)

This is a discussion on CFM Rated Roster (XB1) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2017, 02:11 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 19
CFM Rated Roster (XB1)

Roster Name: CFMRATEDROSTER

Sim Play Style uses the “Delta” (disparity between interacting ratings) between interacting players to dictate/decide what will happen and/or how often a player will win.
**important to remember as to not confuse with set Thresholds used in Comp Play Style

This is a roster template that has players rated to be in-line with generated players in CFM.

- Important because EA and most rosters that are loaded into the mode are based on a H2H build meant for Play Now and have players carrying ratings that are rated on the high end, thus preventing the min/max rating levels that generated players produce to function, allowing the various mechanisms in the mode to balance each other.

With this roster template...

- older players cycle out of the league faster instead of bloating and/or pushing younger players to the FA pool

- Player Differentiation is more vivid due to players with lower POS ratings now getting some actual playing time on teams

- 70’s represents the median range of POS ratings by generated players, with 80’s being the high end, while 60’s is the low range
- these POS ratings will -/+ based on players performance (see XP Sliders below)

Important Notes:
1) “0” all XP Sliders (this causes other mechanisms in the mode to not be in balance with each other.
- performing and meeting goals help to maintain their initial ratings longer preventing ratings regression from starting immediately
- AI assigns points with no logic just to spend the points

- POS Ratings take a hit due to injuries, but XP overrides by increasing ratings back upwards

- Draftees ratings are what they are
- those 1st rd bust or 6th rd gems now impact both User/AI rosters

- Player Types are in-line with designated Type rating
example:
WR Quick Route Runner has 80’s RTE Rating, but lower in other POS ratings
WR Possesion Receiver has 80’s CIT Raying, but lower in other POS ratings

- Balanced players will eventually fall into a more specific player type as their POS ratings fluctuate -/+

2) User Control Teams “Must” have CPU sign Draftee Contracts otherwise teams CAP will be bloated compared to other AI controlled teams
- will see some 1st rd Low rated bust sign some huge contracts

3) For extra challenge and added realism to User(s), don’t Scout Ratings
- you’re stuck with what you Draft, good or bad

4) Only two Draftee ratings that really need to be edited
- QB THP Rating to range from 70-85
(needed to pair correctly with generated MCV/ZCV ratings that range 60-80’s)

- DL TKL Rating to be below 65, ** lower is better
- allows varied RB Animation Thresholds the ability to trigger behind/at LOS w/out Tackling Animation over powering what’s able to trigger

5) AWR rating
-
- only QB’s, OL can have rating manually edited to be higher than generated levels if you choose
- QB’s for Pocket Threat AWR
- OL improve Blitz pickup the better OL units

6) Older Elite QB’s OVR are initially rated so otherwise they will float around the league into their 40’s unseating even 75’ish 1st rd Drafted QB’s
- a few QB’s from loaded roster will still be around, but rated at a level forcing them to be backups

7) Edit DL Play Rec, JMP & ZCV Ratings to be “99” if you want them to attempt jumping to block passes at the line often

8) If you choose to utilize Slider alterations from default, just know you’re shifting Delta’s, formulas and some unknowns etc..., so keep this in mind if this is your thing.

Not 100% in-line but a template roster that’s closer to generated players levels.

If there is a question pertaining to a rating, don’t hesitate to ask, as there is more than likely a reason why.

Last edited by khaliib; 12-17-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: CFM Rated Roster (XB1)

I just wanted to add something here that will hopefully get others onboard:

Many see roster editing as a daunting task, while it does take time, when you compare that to the amount of time spent adjusting sliders it may very well be better time spent. Look at it this way, suppose we could take the game on opening day, create an edited roster that meets the parameters set out by khaliib. Once that was done you could move on and not worry about what slider does what and how it affects gameplay.

It has long been my opinion that release rosters are made to appease the egos of the real life players. Every year there is great anticipation to what the ratings will be. Once released players begin to complain their ratings are too low or make fun of other players. I get this and really can't fault EA for this as they need the support of the players to promote their product.

Once you move beyond to generated players you begin to see a much better game.

Perhaps we should be using for a universal roster editor like what once existed.

Looking forward to running with this roster.

Thanks khaliib, really appreciate the time and willingness to share.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like this I'll DL the roster and take a look I hate ea rosters and starting new cfm as the year passes by cause out the inflated player but I have a question does 0xp still get xp to upgrade those awr for ol those I like the idea of this alot though I use another DL roster where the guy edited the entire roster and he makes his weekly changes as the season progress
Old 12-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

So with 0 XP do you have players never progress or do you do some manual progression for players?
Old 12-17-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
So with 0 XP do you have players never progress or do you do some manual progression for players?
I didn’t know this until just recently, but players POS ratings will -/+ automatically w/out XP points based on their performance/meeting goals etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 04:52 PM   #6
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I didn’t know this until just recently, but players POS ratings will -/+ automatically w/out XP points based on their performance/meeting goals etc...
I haven't seen this happen, just a few weeks ago I did a CFM with 0 XP and players only regressed, there was no progression of any kind
Old 12-17-2017, 05:12 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
I haven't seen this happen, just a few weeks ago I did a CFM with 0 XP and players only regressed, there was no progression of any kind
Had to correct OP.

There’s no + to increase Ratings, good performance helps hold their ratings a little longer before regression is applied.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:15 PM   #8
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Had to correct OP.

There’s no + to increase Ratings, good performance helps hold their ratings a little longer before regression is applied.
In your mind would turning on XP for the advance from Week 17 to the Wild Card round so players get goal and Milestone XP only be beneficial at all with your roster?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »