Home

Old 12-16-2017, 05:05 PM   #1

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
XFL 2.0?

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone...nching-the-xfl

Quote:
According to Wrestling Observer Newsletter among many other sources, Vince McMahon is interested in relaunching the XFL. For those of you who don’t know, the XFL was Vince’s attempt at creating his own football league back in the early 2000s to challenge the NFL. It wound up being a colossal failure which cost McMahon millions, but it seems as if he’s interested in giving it another try.

It’s no secret that the National Football League’s ratings have been dropping for quite some time now, and the statement below seems to indicate that Vince is serious about this and will be launching a new venture called ‘Alpha Entertainment’ very soon. Apparently, an announcement for XFL 2.0 could come as soon as next month.
lol seriously?

Just buy a sports team like many other rich guys do. Don't start an entire league (again). I actually think owning part of a pro team might actually be a good thing. The amount of cross-promotion wouldn't hurt either side.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2017, 06:41 PM   #2
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: XFL 2.0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

lol seriously?

Just buy a sports team like many other rich guys do. Don't start an entire league (again). I actually think owning part of a pro team might actually be a good thing. The amount of cross-promotion wouldn't hurt either side.
So now we know why the WWE has been cutting costs. To revive the XFL!

The idea of Vince owning a pro sports team is funny when you think about it. But then again if Vince bought a sports team, then Triple H could finally takeover!
Old 12-16-2017, 08:12 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
So now we know why the WWE has been cutting costs. To revive the XFL!

The idea of Vince owning a pro sports team is funny when you think about it. But then again if Vince bought a sports team, then Triple H could finally takeover!

He’s not using any money from WWE. Just figured I’d nip that speculation in the but real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #4
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

He’d have better luck bringing back the WBF.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #5

Majingir's Arena

Interesting tweet
https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/941891430108233728

Alpha Entertainment? Even if it has nothing to do with xfl, I wonder what it is for then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir

lol seriously?

There is no way a control freak like Vince would be a part owner of a franchise that is part of a league he doesn't have complete control over.

It blows my mind that a 72 year old billionaire would even consider this but his drive is what makes Vince so successful. He'll never compete with the NFL but he could at least make things interesting if he started offering money to big time college recruits to come get paid in the XFL rather that play football for free in college. Sure they get a free education but I think a lot of guys would rather just have money in their hands right now
Old 12-17-2017, 02:29 PM   #7
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Vince is just plain nuts but that's what makes him who he is.

If he really wants a pro sports team he should just wave his wallet at Rogers Communications and buy the Blue Jays.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-17-2017, 02:40 PM   #8

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Vince is just plain nuts but that's what makes him who he is.

If he really wants a pro sports team he should just wave his wallet at Rogers Communications and buy the Blue Jays.
But unfortunately, the non wrestling fans don't understand that. When I saw the ESPN 30 for 30 stuff on the XFL and seeing how people reacted to stuff he said, you could tell they had no idea about Vince McMahon or the type of person he is.

If he wants to get back into football, try the CFL lol. Though their American expansion failed about as badly as the XFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling > Dirt »