Home

I found FIX + REASON why 2K18 offensive rebounds are such a mess. PLEASE TEST THIS !

This is a discussion on I found FIX + REASON why 2K18 offensive rebounds are such a mess. PLEASE TEST THIS ! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2017, 04:40 PM   #1
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
I found FIX + REASON why 2K18 offensive rebounds are such a mess. PLEASE TEST THIS !

2K18 is much better than 2K17 in a lot of things, but users getting killed by offensive rebounds is a unique 2K18 problem. In the video below I found out why our AI teammates often don't box out on time for defensive boards. I also figured out how to make your AI teammates box out early and correctly (also feel free to discuss if this was the reason you gave up offensive boards, i am curious on other users experience with this issue):

You saw in that film; the earlier you can user contest a shot the quicker your AI teammates will box out early PLUS properly. This is actually in a sense a good mechanic to create a skill gap difference on defense. The player with better defensive habits is gonna be rewarded heavily vs this type of game mechanic. However, the issue is that this doesn't look like basketball because no IRL teammate would jump from 4 feet away if you fail your shot contest. I think the delay on rebound positioning is fair if a user has a terrible shot contest, but AI teammate shouldn't leave the floor when he's a good 4-5 feet away.

Please test this out for me. Let me know if this tilt the odds to your favour to a point where you notice improvement on your overall rebounding.

Regards,

Sam

Last edited by itchyroll_51; 12-22-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I found FIX + REASON why 2K18 offensive rebounds are such a mess. PLEASE TEST THI

My experience has been different. The shots i dont contest timely are makes. The ones i contest timely are misses and offensive rebounded. There is no corrrelation between the two when i play.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 12-23-2017, 02:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

Re: I found FIX + REASON why 2K18 offensive rebounds are such a mess. PLEASE TEST THI

Dope video .good job !
I also find it crucial to turn off automatic shot contest when holding intense D .that is also a reason if not the main reason for defenders to get caught out of position to perform a box out . Most of these contests happen in a force field and the timing is mostly OFF .so imo turning it off really helps avoiding being out of position. Rely on manual contest like the option we had in previous 2k versions under controller settings / defensive settings.

Apart from this i am sure there is a mechanic implementation in 2k that creates these situations (delay in contests) in order for a chain of animations to happen.
A lot of times there is this magnetic field that pushes you away from the attacker to grant him space to perform his layup or jumpshot .
2k needs to scrap this mechanism and start from scratch because most of the time i feel that the game interferes too much on the defensive side of the game.
For example defenders leaving their assignment and defenders being warped into a no threat zone to allow the offense a higher succes rate . Too bad this is in the game since manual defense is not 100 % free in a lot of situations but predetermined.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #4
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

I played a couple games last night and turned the cpu's offensive rebounding to 0, and they still got a good amount of offensive rebounds, so if your talking about offensive rebounding when versing the cpu there's nothing you can do, its the way they made the game to help the cpu play against the user.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

I used this slider set eccentric edition where the rebound sliders where down to 1 and before i just had them on 50
To be honest i see a great difference now , whereas before the cpu used to be dirty and grabbing unnecessary offensive boards now i feel like its more leveled out and more realistic but the still a healthy amount for both user and cpu.

That in combination with sam phams defensive settings break down i really know how to play the cpu .
Thanks to his settings and leaving nothing on auto its a big thing for me .
I also downloaded todem's roster file and im having a blast now .

1 - sam phams defensive settings tutorial (really a game changer)
2 - download roster from 2k share psn : todem
3 - slider set " the eccentric edition"

Stats wise and gameplay wise the best combo for me and really enjoying 2k again.not perfect but the closest ive got since relaese
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 04:14 PM   #6
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

https://streamable.com/e66if

https://streamable.com/ldsds

https://streamable.com/aicvh

iv been contesting shots manually with these results since i first bought this game, the results are still usually like this, computer never in realistic rebound position, it just cheats to grab 90% of its offensive rebounds.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:39 PM   #7
Rookie

Even in pro-am the computer bigs have offensive rebounds just fall in their hands...it can be v frustrating
Old 12-28-2017, 10:57 AM   #8
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

You're rewarded for contesting shots?

If any decision was made that says, essentially "users get to enjoy basic levels of rebounding if they challenge every shot"

it'll be one of the worst i've seen in gaming. PERIOD.

yeaaaah.....i'm gonna go out on a limb and say rebounding is probly broken.

Last edited by Kushmir; 12-29-2017 at 01:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »