Home

Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys

This is a discussion on Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2017, 11:47 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys

Here we can post twitter handles, talk strategy, and try to get our voices heard.

Big thanks to Sincereblackout for writing this up for me.
Excerpts from Posts that seem helpful. edit anything i sent as you would like:

Who to tweet:
Rex – @ if your comment is about gameplay and you can explain how it is a “tangible” idea

Clint - @ if the suggestion is about the functionality of ratings, win chances etc... and gameplay mechanics.

We have to give Clint something that applies to his current role, to draw him into CFM.
AWhite_73- Anthony White- anything related to the playbook(s)

EA_White- John White- anything CFM related, probably will not receive a reply, but you will be heard.

How to Tweet:
Option 1: Issue. Suggested Solution. Desired Outcome.
Example 1: Rookies ratings do not represent the learning curve of playing in the NFL. We want the Delta’s of Rookie ball carriers vs tackling to be increased so that they fumble/muff catches more inside CFM.

Option 2: Request. Illustration. Impact.

Example 2: Can we tune OL Blitz pickup in Simulation CFM to require lower combined AWR (i.e. 75) since generated OL AWR ratings are on average in the 50’s, roughly 30 pts below the 80 requirement which makes the mechanism inefficient in CFM’s that go beyond year 3 as default players cycle out of the league.
Who to tweet:
Rex – @ if your comment is about gameplay and you can explain how it is a “tangible” idea

Clint - @ if the suggestion is about the functionality of ratings, win chances etc... and gameplay mechanics.

We have to give Clint something that applies to his current role, to draw him into CFM.

How to Tweet:
Option 1: Issue. Suggested Solution. Desired Outcome.
Example 1: Rookies ratings do not represent the learning curve of playing in the NFL. We want the Delta’s of Rookie ball carriers vs tackling to be increased so that they fumble/muff catches more inside CFM.

Option 2: Request. Illustration. Impact.

Example 2: Can we tune OL Blitz pickup in Simulation CFM to require lower combined AWR (i.e. 75) since generated OL AWR ratings are on average in the 50’s, roughly 30 pts below the 80 requirement which makes the mechanism inefficient in CFM’s that go beyond year 3 as default players cycle out of the league.

The following are common themes (paraphrased) that it seems a few people liked or said they support. Maybe keeping these handy in the OP will prevent redundancy and give new posters ideas.
• CPU Play calling should be more varied and be based on something more than just down & distance.
• Coaches playbooks should be tied to the coach’s Scheme.
• Player Styles should be tied to Traits to make players more unique
• We would like a better understanding of Penalty Sliders. If sliders at 50 are based on 5 minute quarters, what should the sliders be adjusted to for a statistically accurate game at other lengths? (Statistics for Frequency so they scale with snaps or minutes played)
• AI Roster building/construction needs work because it seems the computer drafts without regard for player age, overall, scheme, play style or FA signings.
• We would like to see scrambling CPU QBs scramble more frequently. Is there a trait tied to the dice roll of a qb sliding, taking a hit or running like Jerome Bettis?
• The computer called Verts over 40% of the time in my games. Can computer play calling be based on: offensive coordinator/coach scheme, roster mismatches, and down & distance? Weighted that order.
• Is it possible to implement a chemistry bonus for positional groups (QB/WR combos that play together for years or OL) based on the number of games started on the same team (i.e. 3 years’ worth of regular season games?). Nothing major or OP, but even if it's a slight uptick in AWR, RTE, Impact Block or something.
• CPU QBs don't make presnap reads to check into different plays vs whatever defensive look I present
• CPU QBs don't put players in motion pre-snap unless the motion is baked into the play. CPU QBs don't call hot routes
• CPU defenses don't use man align, base align, or back off coverage (but they do use Show Blitz at Press Coverage) as to disguise coverage; it is very easy to diagnose CPU pass coverages pre-snap if you know what to look for
• CPU defenses don't hot route defensive players to adjust their defenses, especially against user quarterbacks who scramble frequently (unless there's a QB Spy or QB Contain baked into the play call, they never do either of these things)
• CPU teams use a very limited subset of Coaching Adjustments and only in rigidly defined contexts
• Can a CFM Coach’s Rating/Level be a multiplier for the speed the CPU adjusts and adapts to redundant play calling? In Simulation Mode CFM, we want to be challenged and pushed out of our comfort zone, when we overuse it.

Last edited by tommycoa; 12-29-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2017, 11:49 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Twitter Campaign for Offline Sim Guys

Should we start with something simple like the ability to choose cpu’s Playbook for custom playbooks in CFM? This simple fix cures tons of problems with cpu AI and playcalling.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:52 PM   #3
MVP

Tommycoa1980 is my handle.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:53 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

roadman10....
Old 12-23-2017, 12:05 AM   #5
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

318TA621

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2017, 12:39 AM   #6
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

SilvioMike

Sent from my SM-G900V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-23-2017, 12:59 AM   #7
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

gcoons22

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-23-2017, 02:10 AM   #8
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

@damienfoster81

I'd ask for more player likeness, each player has to have their own style of play.
Also, another BIG one would be, CPU playcalling and especially the overused 4 verts, by the cpu.
How bout Penalty sliders that work for a more "Sim" feel.
Sliders effectiveness in general needs revamped.
Bring Back our block shed sliders and just overall more control of our "SIM" world.
I like how in NBA 2K 18 you can jump right to the latest games, rosters, teams chemistry, etc. So if I wanted to start my season with Vikings at this point in real life, I could.
My list could go on and on lol

Edit: Obviously fix the brace for hits issue

Fix the CPU QB from throwing across the field when scrambling, unless they have low awarness.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 12-23-2017 at 02:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »