Home

Are you guys okay with cards that expire?

This is a discussion on Are you guys okay with cards that expire? within the EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2017, 06:13 PM   #1
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0
Are you guys okay with cards that expire?

I don't play ultimate team outside of trophy hunting, but if I did and was into buying packs I think I would be really butthurt.

Is this supposed to prevent people that buy packs from having an advantage? Seems like this is actually just trying to generate more money from UT, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2017, 09:12 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Are you guys okay with cards that expire?

I don't mind them its the amount of them that's a little annoying, in ufc2 u had boost cards which are 1 time use and u also had to use fitness cards to keep your stamina up.

In UFC3 u had contracts for more credits which i didn't mind(except i got a gold one for 1 match which felt very cheap), boosts which i'm kinda ok(not happy with microtransactions but have to accept them as a part of this game mode) and also the perks which i do feel excessive but i guess u can argue it balance's it, so if u get a really good perk then u will only be able to take advantage of it for a few games but i used to enjoy building fighters around perks so that's gone now and it defintly removes allot of the feeling of pulling a really good perk from a pack

Last edited by Sivo; 12-24-2017 at 09:19 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 08:20 AM   #3
MVP

Yaari's Arena

I hated it at first as I thought it would also involve actual fighters. Apparently it only involves boosts, so now you wont constantly be stacked with perks anyway. I dont mind it as much I guess.

That said they did some things to this mode that dont really have me wanting to play it anymore. By including actual fighters they are taking away the fun in this mode IMO.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #4
Rookie

emmdeekay's Arena

It's complete greed and I could see it backfiring. A lot of the grind of the last UT was getting a good 5 star perk. Why would anyone be bothered if it expires after 5 games.

Completely undermines the idea of fighter development and game planning for me also. There were many occasions in UFC 2 I had higher level perks that I chose not to use in favour of ones that complimented my fight style/gameplan. Now it's just going to be using whatever perk that hasn't expired yet.

Kills the feeling of getting to know your fighter imo. You could have +10% clinch damage (random example not sure of the numbers) in one fight then 5 fights later your perks expired and you're using +8% Overhand power.

I'm not a fan at all and don't plan on spending any money/time on UT this time around despite it being my main mode on UFC 2.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:38 PM   #5
Rookie

Yeah its a complete joke and pretty much the most obvious cash grab there is, I'm fine with everything being behind a grind or even a paywall if once you've earned it its yours.

What am I supposed to do if I want to have a guy with 5* chessmaster just dont play unless I open packs its a complete joke, I don't even want them to expire after a really long time and you have loads in back up its just a completely ******** idea that I hope no one bites on.

I've said it before I mainly played UT for the second part of the life span of UFC2 I won't touch it or spend a single dollar on it if this is still in play and I hope thats a sentiment echoed by many, this type of greed can single handedly sink a game mode that would otherwise be profitable, if you turn enough people off theres not many people to play and eventually it dies out.
Youtube
Twitch

Last edited by MaccaC; 01-21-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 02:32 PM   #6
Rookie

YourFatZebra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmdeekay
It's complete greed and I could see it backfiring. A lot of the grind of the last UT was getting a good 5 star perk. Why would anyone be bothered if it expires after 5 games.

Completely undermines the idea of fighter development and game planning for me also. There were many occasions in UFC 2 I had higher level perks that I chose not to use in favour of ones that complimented my fight style/gameplan. Now it's just going to be using whatever perk that hasn't expired yet.
This.
Why even bother getting any upgrades if you'll just lose them from the very act of using them?

I spent so many hours, probably the majority of my time in UT in the last game. Played two fights in the beta, I intend on playing none in the full game. Have no interest, all of the changes they made ruined what I enjoyed about the mode for the sake of fixing balance issues that were exaggerated to begin with.

Did people max their guy out with all 5 star moves and perks? Yes. But simply making the boosts disappear is not how you fix that problem. There are lots of other ways that problem could be combated, such as hard caps on certain stats or not allowing an UT fighter to be literally 99 overall. Anything would be better than taking away the things you're working to get. No point in even getting the cards. In an effort to close the gap between people that pay to level up and those who work for it, they screwed the whole system up to where people who work are gonna just keep losing the boosts they earned, and people who pay are just getting swindled since they can't even keep the things they buy.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:13 PM   #7
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Is it confirmed that all perks cards are limited to a # of fights or are you all just assuming they are?
Old 01-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #8
Omaewa mou shindeiru

Haz____'s Arena

I don't play UT, but if i'm understanding this correctly, this concept seems pretty INSANE to me. Really surprised more of a big deal hasn't been made about this?

Just an average player, with a passion for Martial Arts & Combat Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC > EA Sports UFC Ultimate Team »