Home

CPU Sliders = User's CPU teammates

This is a discussion on CPU Sliders = User's CPU teammates within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2017, 10:21 AM   #1
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
Exclamation CPU Sliders = User's CPU teammates

Not sure if everyone knows this but just want to point out that the CPU gameplay Sliders actually affects your teammates when you are not controlling them.

It is a little complicated so I will try to explain it more clearly, when you are playing against the CPU, you are playing 5 vs 5 basketball and you, the user is in control of one player at a time. Whenever you are in control of one player, let's say you are using the PG, your other 4 teammates are being controlled by the CPU.

In the gameplay sliders screen, you have the freedom to change attributes/tendencies/etc for both User and CPU using the trigger buttons. But did you know that the User sliders only pertain to the User controlled player and not the whole team (so not including your 4 CPU teammates at any give time) and the CPU Sliders affect the other 9 players on the court.

Example: let's say you only decide to play the PG position and never switch positions for the entire game, and you change the User attribute Defensive Awareness slider to 10 and change the CPU attribute Defensive Awareness slider to 90 (in the gameplay slider using the trigger button) This will result in the CPU opponent players to have a boost of 90 in Defensive Awareness as well as the other 4 players on your team (SG, SF, PF, C). Only the PG who you are controlling on your own team will have the attribute down to 10.

I came across this find last night since I was playing with the sliders to try to make the game more difficult on HOF level. I tried boosting both the CPU offensive and defensive awareness up to 70 to make the CPU opponent play smarter but it did not really have an affect and saw that the CPU was limited and restricted offensively to my surprise; my User sliders for offensive and defensive awareness were not changed and stayed at 50. So what I did was, left the CPU offensive slider to 70 and only lowered the CPU defensive slider to 50 and saw that this opened up the CPU opponent offensive game since now my CPU teammates as a result was at 50.

I hope with this insight, it helps with your adjustment with gameplay sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2017, 12:17 PM   #2
MVP

jakalfc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Sliders = User's CPU teammates

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Not sure if everyone knows this but just want to point out that the CPU gameplay Sliders actually affects your teammates when you are not controlling them.

It is a little complicated so I will try to explain it more clearly, when you are playing against the CPU, you are playing 5 vs 5 basketball and you, the user is in control of one player at a time. Whenever you are in control of one player, let's say you are using the PG, your other 4 teammates are being controlled by the CPU.

In the gameplay sliders screen, you have the freedom to change attributes/tendencies/etc for both User and CPU using the trigger buttons. But did you know that the User sliders only pertain to the User controlled player and not the whole team (so not including your 4 CPU teammates at any give time) and the CPU Sliders affect the other 9 players on the court.

Example: let's say you only decide to play the PG position and never switch positions for the entire game, and you change the User attribute Defensive Awareness slider to 10 and change the CPU attribute Defensive Awareness slider to 90 (in the gameplay slider using the trigger button) This will result in the CPU opponent players to have a boost of 90 in Defensive Awareness as well as the other 4 players on your team (SG, SF, PF, C). Only the PG who you are controlling on your own team will have the attribute down to 10.

I came across this find last night since I was playing with the sliders to try to make the game more difficult on HOF level. I tried boosting both the CPU offensive and defensive awareness up to 70 to make the CPU opponent play smarter but it did not really have an affect and saw that the CPU was limited and restricted offensively to my surprise; my User sliders for offensive and defensive awareness were not changed and stayed at 50. So what I did was, left the CPU offensive slider to 70 and only lowered the CPU defensive slider to 50 and saw that this opened up the CPU opponent offensive game since now my CPU teammates as a result was at 50.

I hope with this insight, it helps with your adjustment with gameplay sliders.
so to have a more difficult CPU at the HOF level that we have to put values?

so you have awareness off 70 cpu and awareness dif 50 cpu, for the user you have the same values?
Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited by jakalfc; 12-25-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #3
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by napoli
so to have a more difficult CPU at the HOF level that we have to put values?

so you have awareness off 70 cpu and awareness dif 50 cpu, for the user you have the same values?
Inviato dal mio SM-A510F utilizzando Tapatalk
I have the user offensive awareness and defensive awareness both at 50 since you are only controlling one player at a time on your own team.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #4
Rookie

I think this isn't completly true...
You can do an easy test: put everything at 100 in user sliders, and everything at 0 in CPU sliders, in controler settings chose to only control one player, give the ball to a teammate and ask him to shoot and he'll score (i try to ask Shaq to shoot from 3pts and he made it...) so in this case User Sliders do affect all of your team, even if you're controlling just one player the whole time
Old 12-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #5
Rookie

As Deviances said: Not all sliders.
Your ai teammates use always the user-sliders but, the new "User movement sliders" affects only your controlled player and the "CPU movement sliders" affects all ai controlled players.

The problem with the sliders is that a lot of cpu sliders have a low impact on the cpu gameplay since 2K changed the difficult settings with 2K17. E.g. the cpu "opponent" players always have infinite stamina so the stamina sliders has no impact on them, only the fatigue slider affects the cpu. The same for the cpu passing sliders: In NBA 2K16 when you set this slider to 0 the cpu start to make tons of turnovers but, since NBA 2K17 the cpu makes only few turnovers.

Last edited by mikelow777; 12-26-2017 at 08:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2017, 04:00 AM   #6
Rookie

This would explain why my teammates still play reasonably well on HoF difficulty in MyCareer. It's been a much fairer experience compared to the last 2k I played (2k12), which would nerf your teammates into the ground on HoF.

Based on everything that's been said so far, it sounds like what OP is saying applies to attribute sliders, but not offence. Does that sound about right?
Old 12-27-2017, 06:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelow777
As Deviances said: Not all sliders.
Your ai teammates use always the user-sliders but, the new "User movement sliders" affects only your controlled player and the "CPU movement sliders" affects all ai controlled players.

The problem with the sliders is that a lot of cpu sliders have a low impact on the cpu gameplay since 2K changed the difficult settings with 2K17. E.g. the cpu "opponent" players always have infinite stamina so the stamina sliders has no impact on them, only the fatigue slider affects the cpu. The same for the cpu passing sliders: In NBA 2K16 when you set this slider to 0 the cpu start to make tons of turnovers but, since NBA 2K17 the cpu makes only few turnovers.
What you said about the movement silders are you sure that id true?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2017, 02:44 PM   #8
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

You gotta have a degree in game engineering to actually fine tune a game in order for it to be playable and these money grabbing companies only concern is making money where it should be catering to the desires of the customer because without us they'd be applying for odd jobs .

I spend more time making slider adjustments than i spend in the gym ...thats wenn you know this game is a joke

Even the patches they ritually drop are not curing the game but making it into a virtual Frankenstein .
If you a slider ser maker and tester you have to admit its one hell of a time and energy consuming hobby.

2k should hire a team of programmers that focus on the product to be a challenging playable simulation out the box and thats a reasonable demand .

I only see clipping cheating and cpu cheese which is killing the game .i love the game but its sort of like a bad marriage

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »