Home

Player personalities and foul types in 2k19

This is a discussion on Player personalities and foul types in 2k19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #1
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Player personalities and foul types in 2k19

In 2k18, there is no difference in the personalities of guys like Lance Stephenson, Draymond Green, Demarcus Cousins and Patrick Beverley compared to guys like Kawhi Leonard and Mike Conley.

Not only is it their personalities that are non-existent, but there are no technical fouls, there are VERY rarely flagrant fouls and there are no ejections, Flagrant 2 fouls or fights/scuffles that give these players their unique personalities.

What I'm basically saying is that I think the game would be so much more realistic if guys like Draymond and Cousins argued with the refs and got lots of technical fouls, while guys like Mike Conley and Kawhi Leonard rarely argue with the refs or pick up technicals.

Maybe make technical and flagrant foul tendencies for each player to determine how often they commit these type of fouls? Also maybe a tendency for how often they argue with refs (leading to technicals) and maybe some more personality badges just to make guys like Lance Stephenson and Patrick Beverley act like their goofy and annoying selves.

Dirk Nowitzki has more career technical fouls than any other player currently in the NBA (133 total) while Mike Conley has played 11 seasons without picking up a single technical foul. This isn't represented at all in 2k.

Last edited by VAWereWolf65; 01-14-2018 at 09:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 01:43 AM   #2
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Player personalities and foul types in 2k19

The NBA and the NBAPA simply wouldn't allow most of what you're asking for. The stuff they would allow should only happen during dead ball situations, IMO, because live ball antics aren't handled well by the game currently as seen with celebrations causing players to constantly blow their assignment.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The NBA and the NBAPA simply wouldn't allow most of what you're asking for. The stuff they would allow should only happen during dead ball situations, IMO, because live ball antics aren't handled well by the game currently as seen with celebrations causing players to constantly blow their assignment.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Doesn’t necessarily have to be live ball. Maybe after a foul gets called, guys like Draymond will argue with the refs about it and maybe get a technical foul while guys like Kawhi will simply walk away.

Also, flagrants are in the game, they just very rarely happen. Maybe they could make a tendency for flagrant 1 and 2 fouls to determine how often a player commits a foul of that variety
Old 01-15-2018, 01:22 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I've actually noticed that players with certain personality types tend to get more of those arguing animations after the whistle.....you don't see that at all?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 01:26 PM   #5
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I've actually noticed that players with certain personality types tend to get more of those arguing animations after the whistle.....you don't see that at all?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It’s there, but not as often as it should be. Every once in a while, guys with the “expressive” or “unpredictable” badge will swing there arms or pout when they get a foul called on themselves. Every once in a while you’ll see them get held back by a teammate. Nothing big
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2018, 02:04 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
In 2k18, there is no difference in the personalities of guys like Lance Stephenson, Draymond Green, Demarcus Cousins and Patrick Beverley compared to guys like Kawhi Leonard and Mike Conley.

Not only is it their personalities that are non-existent, but there are no technical fouls, there are VERY rarely flagrant fouls and there are no ejections, Flagrant 2 fouls or fights/scuffles that give these players their unique personalities.

What I'm basically saying is that I think the game would be so much more realistic if guys like Draymond and Cousins argued with the refs and got lots of technical fouls, while guys like Mike Conley and Kawhi Leonard rarely argue with the refs or pick up technicals.

Maybe make technical and flagrant foul tendencies for each player to determine how often they commit these type of fouls? Also maybe a tendency for how often they argue with refs (leading to technicals) and maybe some more personality badges just to make guys like Lance Stephenson and Patrick Beverley act like their goofy and annoying selves.

Dirk Nowitzki has more career technical fouls than any other player currently in the NBA (133 total) while Mike Conley has played 11 seasons without picking up a single technical foul. This isn't represented at all in 2k.

Yes, I would love to see these things in the game. My guess is the League office, isnt going to let them add and scuffles between players, to where a tech would be access. Were probably lucky we even see flagrant fouls at all in the game. I do wish we saw techs for players and coaches, but just like with Baseball and MLBTS not being able to put in charging the mound, the league office and commissioner isnt going to allow these things to be put in the game unfortunately.

I do wish they did make it so certain players acted more like themselves, Id love to see Lance Stephenson act more like his real self. We love him here in Indiana, but I can see why opponents and other teams fans may get annoyed by him

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 01-16-2018, 10:45 AM   #7
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Yes, I would love to see these things in the game. My guess is the League office, isnt going to let them add and scuffles between players, to where a tech would be access. Were probably lucky we even see flagrant fouls at all in the game. I do wish we saw techs for players and coaches, but just like with Baseball and MLBTS not being able to put in charging the mound, the league office and commissioner isnt going to allow these things to be put in the game unfortunately.

I do wish they did make it so certain players acted more like themselves, Id love to see Lance Stephenson act more like his real self. We love him here in Indiana, but I can see why opponents and other teams fans may get annoyed by him
Even if they can’t add technicals or more flagrants, it’d still be nice to see some more dynamic player personalities on the court. It’d bring a lot more life and realism to the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »