Home

Old 01-17-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
MVP

Boiler569's Arena

OVR: 0
Let's Talk Leaderboards!

I was happy with how the Leaderboards improved from UFC 2, to the UFC 3 Beta. Someone who goes 30-3 can finally outrank someone who is 200-80/etc., which is great to see.

There definitely seemed to be bigger rewards for beating high-ranking opponents; and major consequences for losing to low-ranking opponents. Good stuff.

My assumption is that Ultimate Team leaderboards will not change from Beta to launch.

So, I'm focusing on the Ranked Championship leaderboards. Not sure if anyone knows the answers, but thought I'd ask

* Will we still get 'bonus points' for using 'fighters of the day'? I thought this was a fun and unique way to get people to try out new fighters in prior games.

* Is there any sort of extra boost for picking a fighter with low stats, relative to opponent? If I choose a 'bum' and my opponent chooses DJ or JBJ or something ---- and I beat him ---- I should get a few extra points, right? On the other hand, if I pick Conor and lose against some low-stat fighter, I should lose a ton of points

* Are there any type of new stats / analytics being measured? I always felt like the Leaderboards and FighterNet had *tons* of potential to track all types of stuff, but were really underutilized in previous games.

For example, fighter-specific leaderboards would be cool. Who's the best Yoel Romero? Who's the best Sage Northcutt (lol) etc

It'd also let you see how well players use other fighters. For example, maybe some top-ranked guy has a great record, but only when using JBJ. When he uses other fighters, he sucks. Would be interesting to be able to dive into that level of detail.

Anyway, very glad to see some improvements to the UT leaderboard in Beta! Hopefully ranked championships had similar improvements
FNR4 Gamestop Vegas Tournament Qualifier
Ranked #1 (EA MMA)

UFC 3 LEC: 2x Diamond; 6x Plat.
@Boiler569 on Twitter & Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Re: Let's Talk Leaderboards!

Oh snap! Didn't know it was already implemented! That is damn good to hear, and it will definitely entice a lot more players to mix it up when it comes to chosing fighters.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:05 PM   #3
MVP

It would be good to have multiple/reset records in ranked like in UT.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:09 PM   #4
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Not sure about someone being 30-3 outranking someone 200-8. It sounds great in that example, but I've created burner accounts and went on crazy win streaks.

If I go 150-2 but start at division 1 that's much less impressive than someone with 50/50 record at division 8. Just my opinion.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
Not sure about someone being 30-3 outranking someone 200-8. It sounds great in that example, but I've created burner accounts and went on crazy win streaks.

If I go 150-2 but start at division 1 that's much less impressive than someone with 50/50 record at division 8. Just my opinion.
He said 200-80. I'm pretty sure that is just an example where if someone was constantly beating guys way higher than them, they would shoot up above someone with a ton more fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #6
Rookie

Dzarek's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S

If this new system is based on ELO then you do not have to be afraid. Winning with someone good will affect your ranking better than winning with someone weak. If you lose with someone weak you will lose a lot.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #7
Banned

Acebaldwin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzarek
If this new system is based on ELO then you do not have to be afraid. Winning with someone good will affect your ranking better than winning with someone weak. If you lose with someone weak you will lose a lot.
Isn't it supposed to be the exact opposite? Playing with a higher overall fighter and losing to a much lower one should cost you more, while winning should make you gain less.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:32 PM   #8
MVP

Trillz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzarek
smurf accounts is going to mess alot of guys up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »