Home

Pass interceptions and fumbled catches

This is a discussion on Pass interceptions and fumbled catches within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

OVR: 0
Pass interceptions and fumbled catches

I can’t be the only one who’s thrown an alley oop to a high leaper only to have a smaller player like Curry standing at the free throw line just barely reach over his head and intercept the pass. You used to be able to run backdoor plays for lobs and hit cutters.
And what’s with the roll man just dropping the ball in front of their defenders when you pass it to them on the roll? It seems to have no correlation to the receivers hands rating.

I would have a whole lot of video evidence and examples but I’m not sure how to access game clips from PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 01:57 AM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: Pass interceptions and fumbled catches

Seem passing into the paint is only useful when using a lot pass (triangle single press)
Old 01-19-2018, 10:16 AM   #3
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO6IX
I can’t be the only one who’s thrown an alley oop to a high leaper only to have a smaller player like Curry standing at the free throw line just barely reach over his head and intercept the pass. You used to be able to run backdoor plays for lobs and hit cutters.
And what’s with the roll man just dropping the ball in front of their defenders when you pass it to them on the roll? It seems to have no correlation to the receivers hands rating.

I would have a whole lot of video evidence and examples but I’m not sure how to access game clips from PS4
Those fumbles are checks and balance. You have to watch the players in detail if they are engaged with a defender you will get those type of animations. It's a check against players just standing there. And passes come through. You shouldn't be able to catch a ball cleanly and then go straight up with it. That's what the problem was before. And yes if a player is in the way. You shouldn't be able to throw alley ups.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:22 AM   #4
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Those fumbles are checks and balance. You have to watch the players in detail if they are engaged with a defender you will get those type of animations. It's a check against players just standing there. And passes come through. You shouldn't be able to catch a ball cleanly and then go straight up with it. That's what the problem was before. And yes if a player is in the way. You shouldn't be able to throw alley ups.
Alley oops are awful this year, what are you talking about? Lol

Also, there are so many times my center is running wide open to the paint and his man just runs into him as he's catching and he drops it.

Stop with this balance nonsense. If the game was actually balanced it would make sense.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:33 AM   #5
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214

Also, there are so many times my center is running wide open to the paint and his man just runs into him as he's catching and he drops it.

Stop with this balance nonsense. If the game was actually balanced it would make sense.
Stop not listening to me.

.... Seriously my man.... I was just like you. But if you know 2k's past. Those passes were caught clean by bigs with defense around them. The defense would be around and guys especially with bad hands ratings would catch the ball like they were Odell Jr.

I throw alley all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2018, 03:38 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214

I agree. Oops are a tad bit off as well as the dropping and fumbling of passes. "Glued Hands" on Gold maxed out doesn't help much either and it makes no sense.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
I agree. Oops are a tad bit off as well as the dropping and fumbling of passes. "Glued Hands" on Gold maxed out doesn't help much either and it makes no sense.
You guys don't remember when you could catch it clean in traffic with defenders all around you. Or bad passers being able to throw pin point passes to moving or players with bad hands. They would catch them and go straight up in the air.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:00 PM   #8
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

https://youtu.be/aToi3zPKHRc
Imagine Olynyk or Amir ball watching and just stretching out their arms and catching this pass. It’s ridiculous for 7 footers do that but picture Curry or IT being able to do that. This is my issue with alley oops this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »