Home

Old 01-25-2018, 12:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The KO's

Hate to say it, and I was hoping it wouldn't be bad so I didn't pay much attention on the forums. But I just got my first KO with the EA Access trial and it felt horrible, jarring, and entirely ruined an otherwise good fight.

I head kicked and dropped Ferguson, and it basically skipped to me walking away. Mind you by this point I didn't even have a chance to tell if he was knocked out. He looked OK to be honest, but I'm not even sure if he hit the canvas by the time the camera changed and they began celebrating my victory.

GPD... This is pretty bad. I know you guys are doing your best, but this really ruined the experience for me.

Sorry to sound like I'm crying about it, but this (finishing a fight) is kind of a big deal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 12:15 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: The KO's

More-over....

If he was so very KO'd that everyone including the Ref and my fighter knew he was out (even though he didn't look like it even in the replay). Why is he there when my hand got raised?

I would think if someone gets knocked out that bad that the fight just immediately ends, that the guy on the ground shouldn't be there for the hand raising. Ya know what I mean? At least not every time.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:16 AM   #3
Rookie

CrazyFooL's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
Hate to say it, and I was hoping it wouldn't be bad so I didn't pay much attention on the forums. But I just got my first KO with the EA Access trial and it felt horrible, jarring, and entirely ruined an otherwise good fight.

I head kicked and dropped Ferguson, and it basically skipped to me walking away. Mind you by this point I didn't even have a chance to tell if he was knocked out. He looked OK to be honest, but I'm not even sure if he hit the canvas by the time the camera changed and they began celebrating my victory.

GPD... This is pretty bad. I know you guys are doing your best, but this really ruined the experience for me.

Sorry to sound like I'm crying about it, but this (finishing a fight) is kind of a big deal
The time between the KO and fighter celebration is like 1 second long, way too short.
Old 01-25-2018, 04:36 AM   #4
MVP

they should pay more attention that situation after KOed. Personally, still don't understand why they removed FTF after KOed. Who wanted it?
Old 01-25-2018, 07:04 AM   #5
Rookie

This is concerning and sounds like it would put a huge downer on the game for me. I hate the sound of that, just a strike landing and then ZIP you're celebrating. While you, the player holding the controller in the real world, are just sitting there like uh what happened?

Way to kill the immersion. I hope to god this gets patched.

I'd like to think it shouldn't be too hard to remove recently KO'd fighters from hand raising scenes, too. I mean the devs dont need to add anything, literally just remove one model from the scene
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #6
Pro

EA definitely should create more post fight cutscenes.
UFC Undisputed had multiple, EA should have different scenarios as well.

All finishes should have variations where your opponent is unable and able to make it to the post fight announcements.

Potential Situations

TKO
- TKO the fighter needs help getting placed on a stool.
-TKO fighter gets back up and argues with the ref about the stoppage.
- TKO fighter is still laying or sitting on the ground
- Our Fighter Checks on the TKO'd fighter
- TKO fighter unable to make it to post fight announcement
-The TKO fighter is able to make it to the announcements

KO
- The KO fighter has the doctor checking on him doing the test they do run on a ko'd individual.

-The KO fighter needs help getting up or to a stool

- Our Fighter Checks on the KO'd fighter

- The KO'd fighter is sitting against the cage

-The KO'd fighter is unable to to make it to the announcement

- The KO'd fighter is able to make it to the announcements

Submission

-The Submitted fighter gets up and argues with the ref about the stoppage

- The Submitted fighter is checked on by a doctor

-The Submitted fighter is passed out, or holding the limb that caused the the tap out.

- The Submitted fighter is checked on by our fighter

- The Submitted fighter needs help getting up or up to a stool

- The Submitted fighter is unable to make it to the fight announcements

- The Submitted fighter is able to make it to the post fight announcements
Old 01-25-2018, 11:51 AM   #7
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I thought you meant the ragdolls. They're looking great. After havingseen just a few, I had the impression that they were a bit too animated; but after seeing a few more, I'm thoroughly satisfied with them. There is plenty of variety.

I don't know if the freer ragdoll is somewhat incompatible with the follow up punches, but if it is, I'd take the freer ragdoll any day of the weak on the straight up KOs.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I thought you meant the ragdolls. They're looking great. After havingseen just a few, I had the impression that they were a bit too animated; but after seeing a few more, I'm thoroughly satisfied with them. There is plenty of variety.

I don't know if the freer ragdoll is somewhat incompatible with the follow up punches, but if it is, I'd take the freer ragdoll any day of the weak on the straight up KOs.
Have to agree. Going into the game I was really worried about the KOs and not being able to follow up on straight up KOs. However, the rag doll is good enough to not completely kill it for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »