Home

Better off using grapplers

This is a discussion on Better off using grapplers within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Better off using grapplers

You'll go pretty far into the fight as long as you don't take too many hits to the same spot consecutively. You can take quite the beating as long as you're smart enough to block whatever area is the most damaged.

Grappling on the other hand is much easier. If the stats aren't almost equal then you're gonna dominate if you are competent on the ground. It's easy to get takedowns and you can always clinch as well. Transitions are easy to block and if you have good submission defence stats then you're all set.

Seems like a no brainier to choose the best grapplers in online or focus on grappling for your ultimate team fighter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
Rookie

Nekrotik's Arena

Re: Better off using grapplers

I play as a grappler in UT and basically win most of my fights by KO, even when fighting strikers.

If I'm getting outstruck, I just take them down and get in mount. They can't block my transitions most of the time, and I can just GnP them to death.

If THAT doesn't work, which is rare, I just let them hit me and pot shot counters to the body for a round or 2, get their stamina low, then take them down and mount.

I shouldn't have more of an advantage on the ground vs a striker than they have against me standing up.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Yep. Grapplers are pretty OP in my opinion. I'm talking ranked though. It's as if you are playing with input lag and they are not. Mixed that in with fake transition spam and it's just so zzzzz
Old 02-06-2018, 07:10 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

There is a bit of a weird gameplay quirk where stick skills matter more on the feet than they do on the ground.

On the feet it isn't that ratings don't matter, but you can overcome a moderate ratings differential with a moderate skill advantage.

On the ground there are just fewer things you can do. Truly elite players can still dominate even with a ratings difference, but with two players who are fairly even in skill the ratings difference will have a much bigger impact because you're just filling those bars faster.

I'm not sure what you can do to change that, or which one I'd rather have changed, but the result is that you're better off as a grappler since if you're good you can probably overcome the striking stats difference but not vice versa.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:27 PM   #5
Rookie

We grapplers got robbed. No submissions for us, Everybody defends the clinch and takedowns, its hard to keep up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 07:33 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgos78
We grapplers got robbed. No submissions for us, Everybody defends the clinch and takedowns, its hard to keep up
Wat?

Grapplers and Body Spammers are the most gifted in UFC 3. A normal striker with no grapple stats will tell you that he has been robbed.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:35 PM   #7
Rookie

Right now grapplers are very dominant.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:10 PM   #8
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFINISHxHIMx
Wat?

Grapplers and Body Spammers are the most gifted in UFC 3. A normal striker with no grapple stats will tell you that he has been robbed.
I fought you today. You blanketed me with GSP, I was Woodley. Good fight. Wish it was a 5-round fight though instead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »