Home

Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done?

This is a discussion on Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #1
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

OVR: 0
Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done?

I'm a good player on UFC 3. Not too good yet but pretty good. I've barely played competitively yet but I'm sure I could hang with the top 100 within some time of playing competitively. I started playing the game on the 4th so later than most.

So far I've been able to crowd all of my opponents and Mike Tyson them. I haven't come across someone who has managed to effectively fight on the outside against me. I also can't do it myself when a decent player is constantly coming forward and spamming duck/upper etc.

Like I'm not talking about guys that are kind of aggressive. I'm talking about a playstyle where you literally just hold the analogue towards your opponent the entire time. So far I'm not seeing how you can create space and fight at a distance effectively when fighting someone like this.

Can somebody please show me how it's done? My PSN is FearFyah. This isn't an ego thing. I genuinely want to know how to do it. I know how to use lunges and all that but they don't seem enough against a relentless opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 12:55 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Can Someone Show Me How Outside Fighting Is Done?

Not that I'm any good at it yet, but I find outside is possible by using teeps and rangey kicks. When they get close use some quick head movement to stun them and back off or throw in a takedown.

I like the jab - hook kick combination. Very fast & rangey without punishing you too much for missing.

I use the jab-cross-hook to interrupt them up close, and stand my ground so the strikes come out faster.

That said, this is vs AI so not sure if it would be as useful against face hugging players online.

Footwork wise, I haven't figured out the lunge stuff just yet. Back lunge is good if I can time it but I end up quite close to the fences quickly.
Old 02-06-2018, 12:59 PM   #3
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AydinDubstep
Not that I'm any good at it yet, but I find outside is possible by using teeps and rangey kicks. When they get close use some quick head movement to stun them and back off or throw in a takedown.

I like the jab - hook kick combination. Very fast & rangey without punishing you too much for missing.

I use the jab-cross-hook to interrupt them up close, and stand my ground so the strikes come out faster.

That said, this is vs AI so not sure if it would be as useful against face hugging players online.

Footwork wise, I haven't figured out the lunge stuff just yet. Back lunge is good if I can time it but I end up quite close to the fences quickly.
I've recently become a fan of the lead leg kick to rear cross combo when playing at range.

You can throw if just out of punching range, catch them coming in with the leg kick and throw off a quick 2 to get in some head damage, but more importantly stuff any strike they might throw if the leg kick doesn't stop them.

It's still a risky combo to throw so you can't spam it, but I find it quite useful.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:02 PM   #4
EA Game Changer

Solid_Altair's Arena

I think the big culprit for the current dominance of inside fighting is the OPness of body punches. After they're nerfed, I think people will chill a bit more.

Good ways to create space (in more of a non-body-spam-fest of a match) are:

1- Retreating Straights.

2- Throwing a retreating kick from punching range, at the end of a combo.

3- Throwing a planted kick after advancing punches, when the opponent retreats himself.

I love doing these things. They make the new locomotion system feel so worth it!
Old 02-06-2018, 01:11 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameplayDevUFC
I've recently become a fan of the lead leg kick to rear cross combo when playing at range.

You can throw if just out of punching range, catch them coming in with the leg kick and throw off a quick 2 to get in some head damage, but more importantly stuff any strike they might throw if the leg kick doesn't stop them.

It's still a risky combo to throw so you can't spam it, but I find it quite useful.
The AI, for some characters, is very good at this too. It also does the head kick rear straight, that rear straight catches me every time xD

A very rangey combo which stops me in my tracks, even if I block the head kick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2018, 01:40 PM   #6
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid_Altair
I think the big culprit for the current dominance of inside fighting is the OPness of body punches. After they're nerfed, I think people will chill a bit more.

Good ways to create space (in more of a non-body-spam-fest of a match) are:

1- Retreating Straights.

2- Throwing a retreating kick from punching range, at the end of a combo.

3- Throwing a planted kick after advancing punches, when the opponent retreats himself.

I love doing these things. They make the new locomotion system feel so worth it!
I feel like I can just duck under all of this and land an uppercut lol. Then you'd throw an uppercut, I know. But I'd have pulled you into inside fighting. Seems to be pretty easy to do this with any fighter too.

Can one of you show me this online? Because I'm currently not a believer
Old 02-06-2018, 01:44 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
I feel like I can just duck under all of this and land an uppercut lol. Then you'd throw an uppercut, I know. But I'd have pulled you into inside fighting. Seems to be pretty easy to do this with any fighter too.

Can one of you show me this online? Because I'm currently not a believer
You have an xbox?

I also have some videos of me fighting online
Old 02-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #8
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyboi207
You have an xbox?

I also have some videos of me fighting online
Nah, I don't. Post em mate

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »