Home

MyTeam Community: A dying breed

This is a discussion on MyTeam Community: A dying breed within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-07-2018, 05:56 AM   #1
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
MyTeam Community: A dying breed

I just wanted to make a shoutout to all who carried the OS MyTeam Section in the past years.

I have the feeling that this is the worst year gameplay wise and it's affecting not only my activity here but from a lot of guys, I had great discussions with in the past.

My gut feeling tells me, that 2K intentionally designed the mode being an alternative version of NBA JAM, to lower barricades for beginners and amateurs and make them feel more "successful".
Hence there is a lot of money to make you want to reach "every" customer, right?

SuperMax is probably the worst gameplay experience you can get.
It's more about abusing game mechanics than skill cap.
While defense feels like you are being on rollerskates in comparison to modes like PlayNow, it's only about stacking an all athletic dunking team and abuse blow by.

Then, on the other hand, there is some algo which will benefit you or the opponent in certain situations. This is not equalizer, as it will happen to stacked and low tier teams. I can only tell that I had countless matchups were I knew I was in disadvantage. When you brick consistently after playcalling with HoF Dimer and HoF Catch & Shoot you already know whats happening in that time window.

Bottom line: I think it's sad how the income as a driver has changed this mode and affecting the gameplay (in my opinion). I don't see any other reason why MyTeam is what it is, when you can look in other modes, with different sliders or difficulty settings and can experience decent gameplay.

I still enjoy the part of making MT, trade on AH and the conceptions of team building, but grinding SuperMax is just a pain, as you meet only arcade players who get rewarded for playing poor basketball.

Just my 2 cents. Peace guys.

Last edited by justlaze; 02-07-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
MVP

Re: MyTeam Community: A dying breed

I am with you bro. We are part of this community for many years and we have randomly matched up against.

You were a very active user with advices on players and collections and reviews on players.

Unfortunately all those have been thrown of the window.

By the way, MyTeam says that with Supermax they want more diversity.

This is plain BS. Every lineup consistsby the same players the last 2 years. Only the version of the player may change. You can not get the Diamond Harden? You go with the Amethyst one.

2 years ago, everyone was discussing about the the hidden gem of Kirilenko as stretch PF with good shooting and EXCELLENT defence.

Mind that AK-47 had 78 wide open 3. Now there is no player below 85 3s in any line-up
Old 02-07-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
Rookie

Great post. My experience has been the same...and seeing how this MyTeam forum is practically DEAD, shows that gamers like us aren't the only ones disgusted with the path 2K has taken MyTeam.

It's clear they only care about the cheesy ARCADE aspects of this mode...and are trying to maximize profits with psychological tricks on gamers they get "addicted".

It's all about the next "bright shiny object" and building a cheesy unstoppable roster of overpowered players to play NBA Jam-style basketball.

Talk about a turnoff. And what a waste. MyTeam should be the deepest most strategic mode in the history of sports video games...instead it has devolved into a 5-on-5 version of NBA Jam.

Next year they might as well give players oversized heads and have fire shooting from the ball when you shoot.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:14 AM   #4
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

I fully agree with all the above points.

The problem for me is that whilst I love the concept of Myteam its badly done and the gameplay is awful, which is a shame a Play Now gameplay is actually good but for some reason MyTeam gameplay sucks!

They need to find a better balance.

And yes, people who play poor basketball are rewarded where the more Sim players are punished.

Last edited by Matt_1979; 02-15-2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:10 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_1979
I fully agree with all the above points.

The problem for me is that whilst I love the concept of Myteam its badly done and the gameplay is awful, which is a shame a Play Now gameplay is actually good but for some reason MyTeam gameplay sucks!

They need to find a better balance.

And yes, people who play poor basketball are rewarded where the more Sim players are punished.
I agree.

If you have a sec...jump into the Multiplayer Moments Challenge they have up...and see what you think.

I see a noticeable difference in these games as opposed to SuperMax.

I'd love to hear if others do too.

Anyone reading this...jump into a game and see what you think.

Should 2K have a little "corner" like this for SIM players to actually have an enjoyable Multiplayer experience for more SIM MyTeam players?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2018, 10:22 PM   #6
Pro

roboas's Arena

After playing near daily since 2k13, I quit a few weeks back. Lots of reasons, but most importantly the horrific gameplay.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:34 PM   #7
Pro

I gave up on this mode months ago, fro, the scheduled time to play and the NBA jam game play. Supermax literally did nothing but promote getting new cards since their cap values are so low. Plus the fact every player can shoot 3s and the ai defense always like to play stupid.

No idea what they are doing with this game. PlayNow is pretty arcady (I posterized the Cavs with Derozan 4 times) and than you jump into MyTeam and its even more arcade. What happen to playing basketball and not a video game. 2k gotta go back to the drawing board on what their vision is for this game.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:18 AM   #8
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

I hop on every month or so to check out the gameplay and see if it's improved. Hopped on a few days ago to try out my new team. Gameplay was still as awful as usual, then it hit me. We're in March now, at this point their not changing up the gameplay. We're halfway through this cycle, and in a few months the 2K19 hype train will start. I kept holding out hope that they would up the difficulty but it's really too late for it now.

I couldn't even enjoy my favorite mode this year. Worst part is that I built a great team faster than any other year, and I was never able to truly enjoy it. I played nearly 600 games in MyTeam last year and I'd be shocked if i hit anywhere near 50 this year. Truly disappointing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »