Home

Jurassic World Evolution

This is a discussion on Jurassic World Evolution within the Non-Sports Gaming forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Jurassic World Evolution

Revealed during Gamescom 2017, this looks like a game many hope the devs can pull off. Outstanding graphics, it promises a single story mode that's got my attention. New information is coming out about the game and it sounds real ambitious. Planned for a summer release.

Quote:
The new details come from the latest issue of PC Gamer, helpfully spotted by plok742 on Reddit. Here are the new details from the preview:

Corporate espionage will be a threat to contend with - while Dodgson and Dennis Nedry in Jurassic Park never got very far with their thieving efforts, they are the main reason the Park plunged into chaos. Players will have to avoid the same sort of chaos. Frontier believes the main thing management games lack is peril - "if a ride breaks down in Planet Coaster," says game director Michael Brookes, "it costs you time and money. If an electric fence breaks down in Jurassic World... well, you've seen the movies!" Storms, power outages, dinosaur outbreaks, players will have to contender with them and try to stop the attractions eating the tourists. Although Michael also adds, "we don't want the game to be a constant state of emergency where you don't have time to enjoy creating."

There will be multiple parks across multiple islands to manage - while players will be able to concentrate on one park at a time as they advance the campaign, they can always return to their other islands and both make changes and bring in improvements or dinosaurs from later.

Bioengineering is a key part of play - anyone who's seen Jurassic World will know what bioengineering leads to, and the latest trailer for the upcoming Fallen Kingdom suggests some similar dabbling with "trying to create a better dinosaur". Players will be able to play god and screw things up royally too, it seems!

Frontier are aiming to have "the best videogame dinosaurs ever" - "Jurassic World's dinosaurs have to feel alive from every angle" says Michael Brookes.

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/201...multiple-parks

First In-Game Footage

Spoiler

Gamescom Announcement Trailer

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2018, 01:53 PM   #2
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Jurassic World Evolution

That looks pretty awesome.

Watch me play video games
Old 02-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #3
All Star

Bard's Arena

This looks amazing!

Ark might be taking a back seat for a long time...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2018, 05:48 PM   #4
MVP

Picci's Arena

Sounds like we either can buy or create through Bio-Engineering or getting investors. Will ask for an Apache and or Blackhawk for security, lol. This one line seems to good to be true ---> Players will be able to play god and screw things up royally too, it seems!

I can finally do my idea of crossing a stegosaurus and TRex and creating Godzilla!

via GIPHY

Old 02-12-2018, 03:47 AM   #5
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0

Where's Turok?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2018, 06:23 AM   #6
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

My first PS1 game was the Jurassic Park game. If this ones single player story is decent I’ll definitely be picking it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 02-13-2018, 06:31 PM   #7
Horror Movie Guru

Dead2009's Arena

OVR: 0

Ill be buying this on release.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:18 PM   #8
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

This game has loads of potential. I hope Frontier goes full-bore with it and doesn't include a slew of weird mobile-esque mechanics. If this is something akin to Planet Coaster except with Dino Park creation tools, that would probably be decent, but of course if you're into the management aspects, it could lack in that capacity.

Also, letting dinosaurs loose to eat the guests sounds a lot like intentionally crashing the coasters. If it is possible, I wonder how "adult" the violence would get? It would be neat to see it, but I don't really expect that in a game presumably catered towards a younger market.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > Non-Sports Gaming »