Home

Resting players in MyLEAGUE

This is a discussion on Resting players in MyLEAGUE within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #1
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
Resting players in MyLEAGUE

Is it ever necessary to rest guys and hold them out of a game completely in MyLeague? If you did that, what's the ideal way to do that? "Role mode" in the rotation timeline screen? Would dropping them out of the rotation or to the reserves for a game negatively impact their morale?

Right now I'm at the 60 game mark of the season and the top 9 guys in my rotation have played every single game (and if it matters, I play every single game 11 minute quarters on legendary). Will the cumulative wear and tear bite me in the *** in the playoffs if they all end up playing 82 games or is that not a thing in this game? Does anyone ever rest players in this mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2018, 07:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Resting players in MyLEAGUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by longway911
Is it ever necessary to rest guys and hold them out of a game completely in MyLeague? If you did that, what's the ideal way to do that? "Role mode" in the rotation timeline screen? Would dropping them out of the rotation or to the reserves for a game negatively impact their morale?

Right now I'm at the 60 game mark of the season and the top 9 guys in my rotation have played every single game (and if it matters, I play every single game 11 minute quarters on legendary). Will the cumulative wear and tear bite me in the *** in the playoffs if they all end up playing 82 games or is that not a thing in this game? Does anyone ever rest players in this mode?

Players do get injured from wear and tear, so resting might actually be a good idea. I've never heard anybody propose this before. Kudos to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 10:22 AM   #3
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1

I am thinking that this isn't much of an issue come playoff time in the game? Or is it? I didn't play a game at all in year 1, I simmed, traded at the deadline, did the draft and offseason, and have now played every game of year 2. I just don't want to end up getting bounced in the playoffs because of cumulative fatigue and my team not having any juice at the end of games.

Do you guys shorten your rotation as the season goes on? I have my rotation at 11 just to keep guys fresh but figured I'd get it down to 8 or 9 come playoff time. Thoughts? Or am I unnecessarily paying attention to this?
Old 02-14-2018, 07:51 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Maybe this doesn't entirely answer your question, but unless games 81 and 82 have seeding implications for you, I usually use those to rest my top players and freshen them up for the postseason. I haven't done any kind of side-by-side analysis to see if that helps them statistically, but generally that will end up giving them 4-5 days off, and by the time the first playoff game comes around, they're all listed as healthy/rested. Hope this was at least a little helpful!
Old 02-14-2018, 03:07 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvspree8
Maybe this doesn't entirely answer your question, but unless games 81 and 82 have seeding implications for you, I usually use those to rest my top players and freshen them up for the postseason. I haven't done any kind of side-by-side analysis to see if that helps them statistically, but generally that will end up giving them 4-5 days off, and by the time the first playoff game comes around, they're all listed as healthy/rested. Hope this was at least a little helpful!
Same

Or in blowouts I'll go 10-12 deep and put in players who hardly ever play

Not sure it even does anything, even with progressive fatigue on, lol, but I like to think it does

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2018, 07:25 PM   #6
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

Playing the cpu or user i notice there is no penalty on NOT calling timeouts ..fatigue is a joke in 2k.

As far as season fatigue lol thats even a bigger joke
I just finished my season with the spurs im in the first round of the playoffs and i had gasol playing a lot till the moment he started showing a battery next to his name and i kept my eyes on it and guess what ???

Nothing happened no injury no accumulated fatigue nothinggg...i dont think 2k goes that length.

I found it laughable that the cpu never calls timeouts and 2k promotes games without time outs called aince i play my run n run brother a lot and he never lets go of the R2 turbo and the funny thing is instead of seeing him reap what he sawed it actually gives him the edge ..he doesnt call timeout he hates time outs and he runs all game but 2k doesnt punish that at all..

So just let fo of thede fatigue fantasies they dont exist
To a level one should actually consider it something serious
Old 02-14-2018, 09:09 PM   #7
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack317
Same

Or in blowouts I'll go 10-12 deep and put in players who hardly ever play

Not sure it even does anything, even with progressive fatigue on, lol, but I like to think it does

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I'm the same. If guys are yellow or red I rest them. I'm not only worried about injuries but I want them at their absolute best for the playoffs. It's also a good time to lab with the bench lineups just in case.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:31 PM   #8
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Injuries arent a consideration; neither is progressive fatigue.

Ideally, I'd like a progressive fatigue slider so you have to make fatigue management a thing in the game, because it isn't at the moment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »