Home

What is lag switching?

This is a discussion on What is lag switching? within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
What is lag switching?

I have been almost yelled at in my messages and people say I do this but i have good internet connection and I don't mess with my internet cord or anything. I also barely notice any lag when playing against the person and it gives me no advantage when it happens. I get these messages when I beat someone badly. They say they reported me and I will get banned then they cuss me out and tell me I'm horrible at the game. So can anyone explain what lag switching is so i can know for sure I am just getting trolled?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
MVP

Re: What is lag switching?

Lag switching is taking advantage of bad netcode by using either a bought or homemade tool to cause small periods of desyncing. The lag switcher will abuse this period of time to run around in game and either kill you or gain advantage I some way. When the game resyncs, these changes will take place.

Lag switching is not a common exploit. No one has fought a lag switcher in UFC. They don’t know what they’re talking about. Lag switching is mainly done in shooters.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-16-2018, 11:58 AM   #3
Pro

Wowwww, so basically they are saying I'm stabbing my internet modem to freeze the game so I can get free punches? I have yet to play anyone who does this now that I know what it is
Old 02-16-2018, 12:04 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
Wowwww, so basically they are saying I'm stabbing my internet modem to freeze the game so I can get free punches? I have yet to play anyone who does this now that I know what it is

If lag switching was done in UFC, that’s exactly what it would look like. The game would be frozen for you and when it unfroze you would be KOed or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-16-2018, 12:10 PM   #5
Pro

This is even more annoying that they say lag switch because they usually try to quit as soon as i knock them out and the game freezes for a second then says they quit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeba1000
They say they reported me and I will get banned then they cuss me out and tell me I'm horrible at the game. So can anyone explain what lag switching is so i can know for sure I am just getting trolled?
I find it quite suspect how you've come here to actually make a post about it, seeing as myself and multiple people I know have come across you and we all experience the same thing.

You come out, usually start losing, then for no reason at all, it lags horribly for several seconds then you throw off a combination and it starts lagging yet again and does it over and over until you finish someone......

It doesn't "lag" until you start losing/get touched up a bit which is very suspect, and again, this coming from multiple people as well that had no previous issues until facing you.

Not to mention, but I myself also have multiple messages from you from calling you out on it, and you respond in a sarcastic/hateful way and proceed to laugh about it and say things like, "It's only cheating if you get caught."

Now THAT pretty much sums it up and is why we've reported you because saying that is basically telling on yourself and you think you can get away with it.......... if you weren't lagging people, you wouldn't say things like that and make a post wondering why people are sending you hateful messages.

You know what you're doing, and I hope this is brought to light by other people on here who come across you.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:31 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Love
I find it quite suspect how you've come here to actually make a post about it, seeing as myself and multiple people I know have come across you and we all experience the same thing.

You come out, usually start losing, then for no reason at all, it lags horribly for several seconds then you throw off a combination and it starts lagging yet again and does it over and over until you finish someone......

It doesn't "lag" until you start losing/get touched up a bit which is very suspect, and again, this coming from multiple people as well that had no previous issues until facing you.

Not to mention, but I myself also have multiple messages from you from calling you out on it, and you respond in a sarcastic/hateful way and proceed to laugh about it and say things like, "It's only cheating if you get caught."

Now THAT pretty much sums it up and is why we've reported you because saying that is basically telling on yourself and you think you can get away with it.......... if you weren't lagging people, you wouldn't say things like that and make a post wondering why people are sending you hateful messages.

You know what you're doing, and I hope this is brought to light by other people on here who come across you.
I don't know this situation and I don't know how he would be purposefully creating lag, but I can tell you with certainty that does not fit the description of lag switching.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:42 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I don't know this situation and I don't know how he would be purposefully creating lag, but I can tell you with certainty that does not fit the description of lag switching.
I've played many lag switchers in my time, whether it be from Call of Duty, or UFC, I can assure you that's what he's doing.

"It's only cheating if you get caught"............ Again, coming from myself and multiple people who've come across him. I guess we'll just pretend that doesn't mean anything.

Before this whole restarting the round issue, he would also do that as well, on multiple occasions throughout a single fight............

On an alternate account, the last message I received from him after calling him out was, "hahaha winky face, I have more accounts so I don't give a **** if they ban me I'll still do it"

If you're going to stick up for a blatant cheater, then wow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »