Home

When you realize you're not all that

This is a discussion on When you realize you're not all that within the OS Neighborhood forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
When you realize you're not all that

I turned 50 this year. Single. I've always had women, but lately there has been a bit of a slowdown and I'm finding women I'm not all that interested in aren't interested in me either! I'm not attracting women who are close to as attractive as my exes. Realizing you're not as good looking as you thought is hard when you're single, especially when you're 50! Haha! Lately I have become the strikeout king! I know women don't care about looks nearly as much as we do, but they do care about confidence. Many single men my age derive confidence from making a great salary, but I'm a teacher. I do lawns on the side, but let's get real - if you don't make 6 figures at my age, you're not impressing anyone.

One of the surprises is that women in their 20s and early 30s are much sweeter and more into the idea of love than those in their late 30s and up. Slightly older women are very much concerned with money. I was dating a woman in her 50s who straight up told me I didn't make enough money for her and she ended it. At least she was honest.

I workout a lot and guys, not girls, tell me I look great for my age. You would think at 50 I would have cracked the code, but as I have aged I have become more confused with what women want. Other than money. I know I sound jaded, but I have dated 30 to 40 women over the last 3 years, and almost every single one of them has told me about the rich ex boyfriend who got away.

So what's the point of this? I don't know - just a guy who had confidence but the dating scene has kicked my butt. Maybe some of you have words of wisdom. I'm sure I'm like most of the men on here - I'm not a player and would love to meet the right woman. But I'm starting to think it's not gonna happen, so I'm quitting the whole thing and focusing on fixing up my house, traveling to places I want to see(alone), and saving money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2018, 11:14 PM   #2
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: When you realize you're not all that

I’ve got just one piece of advice...

IMG_3357.JPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 02-16-2018, 11:49 PM   #3

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshadow11
I workout a lot and guys, not girls, tell me I look great for my age.
I think you found your audience.
Old 02-17-2018, 11:19 AM   #4
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Wherever you are finding these chicks, you need to go somewhere else. There are plenty of women that don't care about money.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:40 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

You need to stop fishing at Materialistic Lake. If you require money to get women, then those women aren't dating you, they are dating your money. I know a guy right now that was homeless, don't work and still get girlfriends with high paying jobs. A lot of women don't care about income level. That is like saying you have to drive a certain type of car to get a girlfriend or be a certain height.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2018, 03:48 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshadow11
I turned 50 this year. Single. I've always had women, but lately there has been a bit of a slowdown and I'm finding women I'm not all that interested in aren't interested in me either! I'm not attracting women who are close to as attractive as my exes. Realizing you're not as good looking as you thought is hard when you're single, especially when you're 50! Haha! Lately I have become the strikeout king! I know women don't care about looks nearly as much as we do, but they do care about confidence. Many single men my age derive confidence from making a great salary, but I'm a teacher. I do lawns on the side, but let's get real - if you don't make 6 figures at my age, you're not impressing anyone.

One of the surprises is that women in their 20s and early 30s are much sweeter and more into the idea of love than those in their late 30s and up. Slightly older women are very much concerned with money. I was dating a woman in her 50s who straight up told me I didn't make enough money for her and she ended it. At least she was honest.

I workout a lot and guys, not girls, tell me I look great for my age. You would think at 50 I would have cracked the code, but as I have aged I have become more confused with what women want. Other than money. I know I sound jaded, but I have dated 30 to 40 women over the last 3 years, and almost every single one of them has told me about the rich ex boyfriend who got away.

So what's the point of this? I don't know - just a guy who had confidence but the dating scene has kicked my butt. Maybe some of you have words of wisdom. I'm sure I'm like most of the men on here - I'm not a player and would love to meet the right woman. But I'm starting to think it's not gonna happen, so I'm quitting the whole thing and focusing on fixing up my house, traveling to places I want to see(alone), and saving money.
Are you sure?

Seriously, I think you're trying too hard and are thinking too much about this. Just live your life. Fix up your house, travel, and one day out of no where you'll meet a girl/woman and something will just click.

And hey, maybe you haven't found the right woman yet, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy playing with the wrong ones!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 02-17-2018 at 03:49 PM. Reason: omitted a word
Old 02-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Yeah I’m not sure where you’re finding these woman but it’s at the wrong place. Plenty of woman would be perfectly fine with dating a teacher even at your age. Ain’t like you’re homeless man lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-17-2018, 05:49 PM   #8
All Star

RockinDaMike's Arena

OVR: 17

Travel to asia and you'll find a beautiful honey no problem.
Activision: MikeDeuce#1448

Teams: AZ Cardinals, Suns, Diamondbacks, Duke, Arizona State

IG FB

« Operation Sports Forums > Other > OS Neighborhood »