Home

I Got a Few Game Companies Attention About Making a Boxing Videogame

This is a discussion on I Got a Few Game Companies Attention About Making a Boxing Videogame within the Boxing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 01:48 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 39
I Got a Few Game Companies Attention About Making a Boxing Videogame

https://twitter.com/RossSymons/statu...96979392544768

Quote:
We've thought about it over the years but we honestly do not have boxing expertise in-house here at Big Ant,and I really like to have experts on board in the team before seriously looking at a sport. Happy to chat via email-please email [email protected] and I will follow up
The CEO of Big Ant Studios has actually been having dialogue with me and a few guys I introduced him to. The dialogue seems promising so far.

Last edited by SHAKYR; 02-19-2018 at 01:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2018, 11:00 PM   #2
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: I Got a Few Game Companies Attention About Making a Boxing Videogame

with the report of UFC 3's recent price drop so soon, rumors are stirring about the state of the franchise......could it be time for fight night to make a comeback?
Old 03-01-2018, 12:30 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
with the report of UFC 3's recent price drop so soon, rumors are stirring about the state of the franchise......could it be time for fight night to make a comeback?
ESPN and Top Rank could be eager to broker a cut-rate licensing fee with EA Sports, promoting their new partnership of meaningful cards on the Worldwide Leader.
Old 03-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:

One of the biggest misconceptions about a boxing game are licensing expenses.

I know quite a few and spent time with many famous boxers and every single one of them would be in a boxing game for free or at a minimal cost. And others I haven’t interacted are represented by guys like Hearn who understand the big number that would be grown by video games.

When I hear or read people talk about licensing issues, that tells me not only are they sending the wrong people, they aren’t presenting the issue and benefits appropriately.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:17 PM   #5
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos

I know quite a few and spent time with many famous boxers and every single one of them would be in a boxing game for free or at a minimal cost. And others I haven’t interacted are represented by guys like Hearn who understand the big number that would be grown by video games.

When I hear or read people talk about licensing issues, that tells me not only are they sending the wrong people, they aren’t presenting the issue and benefits appropriately.
not only that it is great promotion for them which could draw interest from potential fans and bring up television ratings and/or ticket sales for their fights....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2018, 03:53 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos

Exactly! I be hustling like I work for a game company. I have talked to quite a few boxers for many years and fans are get one side.of the story or partial truths. I know for a fact I have.contact boxers who were in Fight Night games. Andre Ward really want in the series. I know there were boxers who said they would do it for free but were turned down by EA.
Many people are guessing the reasons boxers aren't signing or believe people who work for a business that needs its customers trust and support.
If you are on Twitter check out how hard I go for a boxing game to be made.Twitter @simboxing Check out Boxing Sim Wishlist���� (@SimBoxing): https://twitter.com/SimBoxing?s=09 and Instagram boxingsim https://www.instagram.com/boxingsim/

Last edited by SHAKYR; 03-02-2018 at 04:07 AM.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:34 AM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
FYI, EA UFC always cuts its price around this time. They actually did it earlier with UFC 2.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
ESPN and Top Rank could be eager to broker a cut-rate licensing fee with EA Sports, promoting their new partnership of meaningful cards on the Worldwide Leader.
My question for you PK is do you think a game with only Top Rank and maybe a few Euro promotions like Matchroom would sell? Loma, Pac, Joshua and Crawford are technically your headliners/cover boys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Boxing »