Home

MLB the show 18 interleague rotation

This is a discussion on MLB the show 18 interleague rotation within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #1
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2
MLB the show 18 interleague rotation

Has there been any news to whether this has been fixed/added for '18?

In previous versions you'd play the same division every year in interleague play in Franchise and RTTS modes instead of rotating divisions on a yearly basis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2018, 09:27 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB the show 18 interleague rotation

Not yet.

the franchise stream and blog isn't for another 3 weeks or so.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #3
MVP

I am a software developer at an Insurance Company and I believe there is a fairly easy fix for this issue. But one thing you hear year after year from the SDS peeps in their DEV Streams is "Priorities". There are only so many hours in their short development time lines to deal with known issues and as a software developer I go through the same "Priorities" regarding features that I:

1) Need to change.

versus ...

2) Would like to change but there is just never enough time in the release cycle.

Would I like to see the interleague scheduling fixed? Yes I would. Do I think there is a fairly easy way to fix it? Yes I do. But I would much rather see the SDS peeps spend time improving the game play (as they appeared to have done again this year) versus spending the time to fix the interleague schedule. It's all about priorities.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
I am a software developer at an Insurance Company and I believe there is a fairly easy fix for this issue. But one thing you hear year after year from the SDS peeps in their DEV Streams is "Priorities". There are only so many hours in their short development time lines to deal with known issues and as a software developer I go through the same "Priorities" regarding features that I:

1) Need to change.

versus ...

2) Would like to change but there is just never enough time in the release cycle.

Would I like to see the interleague scheduling fixed? Yes I would. Do I think there is a fairly easy way to fix it? Yes I do. But I would much rather see the SDS peeps spend time improving the game play (as they appeared to have done again this year) versus spending the time to fix the interleague schedule. It's all about priorities.
If you have an easy fix for them, I'm sure they'd love to hear it. They have been trying to get rotating interleague schedules into the game and its not working properly.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 02-28-2018, 10:57 AM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Your title had me excited. You should put it in the form of a question next time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2018, 11:03 AM   #6
Rookie

Jon Arbuckle's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Not yet.

the franchise stream and blog isn't for another 3 weeks or so.
Could also be confirmed during the RTTS stream. More variety of opponents would be very welcome when you're grinding with your player for 20+ seasons.

Quote:
If you have an easy fix for them, I'm sure they'd love to hear it. They have been trying to get rotating interleague schedules into the game and its not working properly.
Somebody actually came up with a low-tech suggestion for a fix last year: hardwire previous years' schedules to rotate each season.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:08 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
One would assume that the league schedule are stored in database tables right? And the Interleague game play recycles every three years right. Since they already store the current year schedule in the database. Why not store the previous two years as well and recycle the schedule for every year in the franchise. We don't need perfection in the game. We don't need a different schedule every year. We just need a little variety. The basics of the real world baseball schedule is repeatable every year. In the month of April and into the first week or so of May the vast majority of the games a team plays is against their division rivals making sure on average you play 3 home and 3 roads games against your rivals. Then for the six weeks or so you play games against other teams in your league as well as throw in some inter-league play. In the middle of the summer you play (on average) 3 more home and 3 more road games against your division rivals. Followed by another round of in league and inter-league games during the dog days of summer and then in the last six weeks of the season you play (on average) three more home and three more road games against your division rivals to end the regular season. This pattern is repeated year after year.

We don't need perfection, we don't need a dynamic schedule every year. All we need is variety which can be achieved by reusing the schedules from previous years. The database tables to store a schedule can't be that big. There really isn't that much information that needs to be stored. One week of coding (probably less now that I think about it) and a little testing and it's done. But it's about priorities.

Last edited by My993C2; 02-28-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:10 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Arbuckle
Somebody actually came up with a low-tech suggestion for a fix last year: hardwire previous years' schedules to rotate each season.
Might have been me ... LOL ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »