Home

*Sigh* The Knockouts

This is a discussion on *Sigh* The Knockouts within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
*Sigh* The Knockouts

I know we have bigger issues to solve... but man ish is getting repetitive AF. People landing on the same position after hooks and uppercuts and headkicks like it's all planned. Nothing is really unique about it. Sometimes... yeah sometimes there is some nice rag doll effect that gives me a wow effect but overall it's actually pretty rare to get a realistic unique animation. Take the animated ones out and make the rag doll more frequent...

Can I get an Amen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 04:16 PM   #2
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Re: *Sigh* The Knockouts

As you said... There are way more important things to fix rn. I know I'm in the minority here but the fact that the community seems to care more about ref interactions than how the fight actually plays is pretty disappointing to me tbh. Sure, it's cool. But it doesn't change the gameplay at all.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

I think people are doing both. Lots of talk about gameplay here, and the visuals, one thing shouldn't negate the other
Old 03-10-2018, 04:24 PM   #4
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
I think people are doing both. Lots of talk about gameplay here, and the visuals, one thing shouldn't negate the other
Definitely both.... but look how many likes a thread gets about ref interactions in comparison to threads about gameplay. A thread asking for more ref interactions has over ten likes right now. Where as threads that talk about real issues with the gameplay aren't getting as many people pushing for them rn. Is what it is. I can't change it. People like what they like. I just find it disappointing. I just don't get why an animation that happens when the match is over is even close to as important as what goes on in the match itself.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #5
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

But that's like your opinion, dude.
EA Sports care about it, they have walk in animation, lights, camera, rasing of the hands cuz they care abou the immersion, details and the presentation. These things are important.

and guess what? they're working haaaard on patching the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2018, 04:56 PM   #6
Banned

They really care. Imo are the Fortnite and EA UFC devs the most listening developers I've ever seen in the gaming community. I wouldn't be posting in this forum for nothing. They do listen and stuff needs time to be done of course. I know you weren't talking to me but credit where credit is due.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:57 PM   #7
MVP

Serengeti1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
But that's like your opinion, dude.
No ****. That's why I clarified that about three times.....

I'm not saying the presentation should be ignored. I'm saying that the gameplay is much more important than a slight tweak on KO animations. If they didn't exist or were standing out as bad it'd be another thing. If tweaking the animations doesn't effect the time allocated to the genuine problems with how the fights actually play then okay.

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT A FACT. IT IS MY OPINION. lol.

Last edited by Serengeti1; 03-10-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:01 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti95
No ****. That's why I clarified that about three times.....

I'm not saying the presentation should be ignored. I'm saying that the gameplay is much more important than a slight tweak on KO animations. If they didn't exist or were standing out as bad it'd be another thing. If tweaking the animations doesn't effect the time allocated to the genuine problems with how the fights actually play then okay.
i agree but in one month they did allot of updates soon i think most problems will be fixed

Sent from my FEVER using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »