Home

Just me or roster updates been a complete joke this year?

This is a discussion on Just me or roster updates been a complete joke this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Just me or roster updates been a complete joke this year?

It feels like they have barely touched the rosters this year after updating them quite often last year. And forget about actually updating tendencies or badges.. they didn't touch them at all this year.

They actually pay somebody a full time salary to work on this? What in the actual F
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #2
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Just me or roster updates been a complete joke this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamAgain
It feels like they have barely touched the rosters this year after updating them quite often last year. And forget about actually updating tendencies or badges.. they didn't touch them at all this year.

They actually pay somebody a full time salary to work on this? What in the actual F
What player rating do you need changed or accessory ? Trades were updated within 24 hours or less when they happened that includes injured player coming and going.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:33 PM   #3
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
What player rating do you need changed or accessory ? Trades were updated within 24 hours or less when they happened that includes injured player coming and going.
CJ Miles is shooting 7 3's a game at a 39% clip. He is 82 in 3's. For reference, Cedi Osman has the same rating as him shooting 1 3pt a game on 39%. There is no way in hell you would argue CJ and Cedi are comparable shooters

The rating system for shooting sucks *** because there is no accounting for volume. Thats why you see George Hill at a 90 open 3pt even though he only takes 3 a game (but that rating can allow you to hit open 3's a ridiculous rate at a high volume in game).

Other than that, egregious stuff like Pascal Siakam being rated slower than Valanciunas (lol) and Vanvleet having a c- grade as a perimeter defender (even though he and Lowry are both top 10 in defensive RPM for point guards). I'm pretty sure fans of every team can point to players on their roster that are overrated/underrated in some aspects
Old 03-14-2018, 04:37 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
CJ Miles is shooting 7 3's a game at a 39% clip. He is 82 in 3's. For reference, Cedi Osman has the same rating as him shooting 1 3pt a game on 39%. There is no way in hell you would argue CJ and Cedi are comparable shooters

The rating system for shooting sucks *** because there is no accounting for volume. Thats why you see George Hill at a 90 open 3pt even though he only takes 3 a game (but that rating can allow you to hit open 3's a ridiculous rate at a high volume in game).

Other than that, egregious stuff like Pascal Siakam being rated slower than Valanciunas (lol) and Vanvleet having a c- grade as a perimeter defender (even though he and Lowry are both top 10 in defensive RPM for point guards). I'm pretty sure fans of every team can point to players on their roster that are overrated/underrated in some aspects

Lowry has been in the top 10 for defensive rpm for Pg for years now but ratings don’t reflect it..it took until around last December for him to get golddefensive charger lmao.

I believe Lowry is also rated 82 or 83 from 3. Him and cj should have higher ratings just based on the volume they shoot at and the efficiency. Lowry is a top 10 shooter.

He shot 42% last year on 7.8 3pt attempts. Only 5 guys in nba history shot better over a season at that volume and his ratings didn’t reflect that at launch,
Old 03-14-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
Lowry has been in the top 10 for defensive rpm for Pg for years now but ratings don’t reflect it..it took until around last December for him to get golddefensive charger lmao.

I believe Lowry is also rated 82 or 83 from 3. Him and cj should have higher ratings just based on the volume they shoot at and the efficiency. Lowry is a top 10 shooter.

He shot 42% last year on 7.8 3pt attempts. Only 5 guys in nba history shot better over a season at that volume and his ratings didn’t reflect that at launch,
I think last year they even had Draymond at a higher 3pt rating because he shot 2 3pts a game at a higher % compared to Lowry's 7-8. Also, Valanciunas at a 71 open 3 doesn't reflect his shooting ability at all. In a 5 minute PNO game, that rating still effectively makes him a non-threat from 3 even though he has shot 57 3's up until now, and is making them at a 44% clip.

Cedi is at a 81 rating with on 62 3's made.

Both should be at a 75-77 rating because of their low volume.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #6
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I think last year they even had Draymond at a higher 3pt rating because he shot 2 3pts a game at a higher % compared to Lowry's 7-8. Also, Valanciunas at a 71 open 3 doesn't reflect his shooting ability at all. In a 5 minute PNO game, that rating still effectively makes him a non-threat from 3 even though he has shot 57 3's up until now, and is making them at a 44% clip.

Cedi is at a 81 rating with on 62 3's made.

Both should be at a 75-77 rating because of their low volume.
Interesting that you forgot to mention Valanciunas 3-pt shooting before this year. He had shot what four total? I can understand being reluctant to jack up the rating of someone who over a six year period shot 60 3s.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #7
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
Interesting that you forgot to mention Valanciunas 3-pt shooting before this year. He had shot what four total? I can understand being reluctant to jack up the rating of someone who over a six year period shot 60 3s.
Because that is irrelevant to this year. Before this year Demar rarely shot 3's and they already jacked him up to a 78 in 3's (before lowering it to a 75 currently) this season because he's attempting more even though he's shooting 32% on the year. Stuff like that tells me they have a flawed formula that changes ratings but they go back and alter individual players based on public perception (another example is CP3 and Lowry having identical shooting splits from 3 but CP3 is much higher in 3pt ratings).

Since Jan 1 JV has attempted 1.3 3pts a game at 46%. People are guarding him out there now in real life, they aren't saying on the scouting report "last year he attempted zero so we should leave him open regardless of the present data from this year" because that makes no sense. The ratings reflect current play, not precedence (because players naturally get better and add to their game every year)

Last edited by UnbelievablyRAW; 03-14-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:01 PM   #8
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Because that is irrelevant to this year. Before this year Demar rarely shot 3's and they already jacked him up to a 78 in 3's (before lowering it to a 75 currently) this season because he's attempting more even though he's shooting 32% on the year. Stuff like that tells me they have a flawed formula that changes ratings but they go back and alter individual players based on public perception (another example is CP3 and Lowry having identical shooting splits from 3 but CP3 is much higher in 3pt ratings).

Since Jan 1 JV has attempted 1.3 3pts a game at 46%. People are guarding him out there now in real life, they aren't saying on the scouting report "last year he attempted zero so we should leave him open regardless of the present data from this year" because that makes no sense. The ratings reflect current play, not precedence (because players naturally get better and add to their game every year)
Still too small of a sample size to make big changes. They bumped him up but if you compare him to established 3pt threat from a center he still hasn't shot many.

He has shot 60

Embiid has shot 188
M. Turner( who was injured for a dozen games) has shot 133
Lopez 265
Vucevic 177
Gasol 274
Cousins 292.

See where I am going here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »