Home

Dline help needed

This is a discussion on Dline help needed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2018, 10:10 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Dline help needed

i have jj watt, gerald mccoy, and khaliah mack in a fantasty draft. the best olineman on my buddy team is a old 82 overall player yet i cant get any pressure and never get sacks on him he often has a long time in the pocket. and when he runs his oline always push my better dline back so 3/4 and 1 is always free even when i try to user the dlineman my self i get stoned wall by blocker who i know has 75 pass block. im not used to playing on the dline so i think it may be more user when i get stoned walled. is there anytips i can have when using good dlineman to stop the run and get pressure?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2018, 12:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Dline help needed

The best way is to keep as many players in coverage and let your 4 man rush do the work after you cover.

If scrambling qbs are hurting you qb spy a defensive end that’s quick or when you know the qb is breaking the pocket press in the left stick and it will send your nearest zone defender towards him instead of everyone watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-15-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmesx10
The best way is to keep as many players in coverage and let your 4 man rush do the work after you cover.

If scrambling qbs are hurting you qb spy a defensive end that’s quick or when you know the qb is breaking the pocket press in the left stick and it will send your nearest zone defender towards him instead of everyone watching.

i play cover 4 cover 6 and cover 9 all game, i get ints but pressure never gets there. i know how to send the defender its the right stick btw.im looking to manualy user my studs every now and then when i need a big sack
Old 03-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #4
Rookie

Oops your right it’s right stick. Honestly it’s gonna be hard getting pressure unless your sending heat or your playing really tight coverage. Usering a pass rusher isn’t the easiest thing in this years madden as they always seem to get off blocks slow.

The best way imo to get quick easy pressure is to blitz a slot corner. User the middle and keep the quick passes to a minimum. Either that or if it’s long down and distance find a 3-3-5 that keeps all your good players on the field and let them slowly rush while you have more coverage in the back end.

Old 03-21-2018, 04:38 PM   #5
MVP

The following suggestions are based on M17 so I hope they are helpful. I'm playing on my All Pro sliders default for CPU, but defeated 120 points for user which makes for a tough go.

The following examples are from a base nickel package. First, I "pinch my line" in and move my user-controlled RE 1 additional step inside. I then assign my line to "crash out". By doing this, my right DT usually takes on a double team regarding the center and left guard, leaving me one on one outside. At the snap, I aggressively, but briefly, attack the edge and then spin back inside. Be careful when playing a mobile QB that you don't give up the edge. I will also widen the line at times and assign my line to "crash in". I've noticed that this gives my DT's a chance to penetrate.

I agree with previous poster. Very difficult to get pressure without sending heat, but it is possible. Best thing I can say is practice, practice and practice some more. This is very important regarding the timing of your bull rush or spin move engagement Good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2018, 06:27 PM   #6
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

This is just a feature of the game that broken due to complaints from the non-sim crowd about not having 6 seconds of pressure free time in the pocket. Were the game designers allowed to focus on realism rather than appeal to their mass market who plays the game like Tecmo Bowl, pressure would be far more rampant, and stepping up in the pocket would be an absolute must, just like in the NFL.

I remember Clint comparing times to throw and time to pressure, but he conveniently didn't mention that the reason QBs often avoid pressure is because they step up in the pocket, but defensive ends still get around tackles on nearly every pass play, whether they are redirected by the tackle or just beat him off the edge, and defensive tackles routinely either collapse the pocket a little bit or try to knife through double teams.

My suspicious is that the game is this way for the same reason defensive holding was removed.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:59 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Overload blitzes work well. Against human players zone blitzes work good also. You should be able to generate a lot of pressure out of the nickel double a gap defense. Start him with the a gap blitz, then change it up by calling corner and safety blitzes.

Do you know if he uses id the mike? You may be able to generate pressure by exploiting that weakness in his game.

Unless you are good at usering the dline, you cannot expect to rush 4 and generate pressure. When you do user, take control of Mack and jump the snap. Does he use coaching adjustments?

On stopping the run, do you know how to shed blocks?

What kind of passing plays is he hitting you with?
Old 03-25-2018, 04:19 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
This is just a feature of the game that broken due to complaints from the non-sim crowd about not having 6 seconds of pressure free time in the pocket. Were the game designers allowed to focus on realism rather than appeal to their mass market who plays the game like Tecmo Bowl, pressure would be far more rampant, and stepping up in the pocket would be an absolute must, just like in the NFL.

I remember Clint comparing times to throw and time to pressure, but he conveniently didn't mention that the reason QBs often avoid pressure is because they step up in the pocket, but defensive ends still get around tackles on nearly every pass play, whether they are redirected by the tackle or just beat him off the edge, and defensive tackles routinely either collapse the pocket a little bit or try to knife through double teams.

My suspicious is that the game is this way for the same reason defensive holding was removed.
Taking nothing away from tournament-style players, I was amazed while watching videos of this type of gameplay relative to the amount of time each player had to pass. Wow. Seemed like forever and a day.

On my settings, I have to make reads quickly and throw the ball with timing, just as the receiver makes his cut, as I have no more than 3 seconds to get the ball out. Game is much more realistic with sliders vs cpu. Folks who like to play head-to-head, yet have the game play as a sim-based style, get the short end of the stick imho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »