Home

Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro

This is a discussion on Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2018, 06:49 PM   #1
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro

This may not be perfect, but it IS a thing of beauty. I am playing on All Madden, and I am playing as the 49ers, usering Marsh. I beat the tackle pretty quickly, and of course I wiff on the sack. But the reason why I wiff is glorious. Watch what the AI controlled Tubisky does.

Yeah, the center has a stupid animation, but the pass rush and qb reaction to it are great.

My slider settings:

I went with an old theory: I did not make a single slider adjustment, save lowering speed differential to 45 or 40 (can’t recall which).

I DID change penalties: I increased offsides by about 10 (old theory is that it improves pass rush), I dramatically increased defensive holding (on the assumption it will improve man coverage and/or reaction to the pass) and I increased defensive pass interference a little bit.

I have to say, the game has never played this well for me before. Granted, it was the 49ers versus the Bears. I may yet get psychic AI with a more difficult team.

But the point is, whatever Clint and co did to the QB AI, it has improved a lot. No, it’s not perfect. There are still absurd plays. But there are also these masterpieces.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 03-17-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2018, 10:00 PM   #2
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Vastly improved QB AI: What you are missing playing 16,17, or 18 on All Pro

While I would agree on liking this and am enjoying this on '18 as well,'16 had great qb avoidance movement as well. Played the game a ton as '17 and early on in '18 was so annoying in this regard.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:42 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Why couldn't that play/outcome happen on All-Pro?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 03-18-2018, 02:36 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Why couldn't that play/outcome happen on All-Pro?
It may, but based on what I have heard, QBs are a lot smarter on All Madden. I don’t ever play All Pro so I cannot verify this.

I do think, however, that NOT messing with the sliders and instead messing with penalties and speed differential is important here. In addition, the particular ratings and traits of Trubisky might matter.

Playing on All Madden is not impossible. You just HAVE to mix up your calls (offense and defense), and you HAVE to consistently make the right reads, and do so quickly. Furthermore, you cannot be running four verts or long developing routes on third and 20. You have to be like a real NFL team and call a draw or screen and punt.

So, All Madden is hard, but it is easier if you play the game less like a video game and more like what you see in the NFL.

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 03-18-2018 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 02:48 AM   #5
Rookie

DaGreatOne21's Arena

Funny how in Madden, something that should be normal is considered a "thing of beauty".

Well, its more sad than funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2018, 05:49 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGreatOne21
Funny how in Madden, something that should be normal is considered a "thing of beauty".

Well, its more sad than funny.
That thought crossed my mind, but then I remembered that I lived in reality, sad as it is, where no previous football game has ever had things like this.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:41 AM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I do see this during the game on all pro as well.

What is even more funny some people still deny this even happens in Madden and is incapable of producing such plays as the play above.

Last edited by roadman; 03-18-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:13 AM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Maybe this doesn't apply to people who use gameplay/AI exploits to destroy the CPU(or other Users), but for players who play straight up, the All Madden CPU QB AI is really a great challenge.

Of course you have to spend a fair amount of time tweaking all the Sliders to minimize the inherent advantages/cheats that the CPU gets on AM, but once you do, it really becomes a fun experience.

The main differences between AP and AM in terms of CPU QB play that I see is that on AP I don't see the CPU attacking the mismatches as much as they should, they also don't distribute the ball to all their receivers all around the field.(In a game I played a few days ago, for the first time ever the CPU team had greater catch distribution in a game than I did, 10-9)

Also on AP, the CPU QB can be dominated for a whole game with vanilla Cover 2, or 3 calls. On AM I have to mix it up, use various zone and man blitzes, and hope that I've guessed right, because otherwise I'll be carved up, and not in a Robo QB way.

On AM there are some games where the combination of personnel, playcalling and momentum(there is momentum in this game) I just can't stop them(or get anything going on offense as well) I never feel that way on All-Pro, on AP I know that they will eventually fall apart and make several bad decisions. On AM I have to win the game, I can't just wait for them to lose it.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »