Home

What's the point in reaching 99? How hard is it to get there?

This is a discussion on What's the point in reaching 99? How hard is it to get there? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What's the point in reaching 99? How hard is it to get there?

After going through many builds, I realized my 1st build is a beast in current form. 7'0 C 255lbs 2 way post scorer. Hakeem build. Gets blocks and scores down low. He's not where I want him though. I can't really dunk in the post and want more blocks

HOF Rim Protector, Gold Posterizer, and Gold Relentless Finisher requires reaching 99.

How long does it take? I mean it doesn't make sense for it to take so long as 2k comes out every year. I'm 89 now, So I could get my dream build this summer, but come October 2k19 is out. Most my friends will most likely get it and I'll stay behind playing with my build or having to start from scratch.

Is it that hard to reach 99?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: What's the point in reaching 99? How hard is it to get there?

It all depends on how much you grind tbh.

I have two players my first play I got to a 95 but I realized I didn’t want to get to 99 with him, my second player is a 93 about to be 94..for me when I got to 95 the rep bar started going up exactly one point and I would get about 65k-85k xp. It all depends on your grind like I said.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlus91
It all depends on how much you grind tbh.

I have two players my first play I got to a 95 but I realized I didn’t want to get to 99 with him, my second player is a 93 about to be 94..for me when I got to 95 the rep bar started going up exactly one point and I would get about 65k-85k xp. It all depends on your grind like I said.
How you getting 65k-85k xp? I still think it's too long. You expect players to hit 99 and buy your next game next year?
Old 03-19-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
Banned

Realistically you're not going to do it. I had a pure slasher that I got to 92, but that's when the grind really ramps up another level, and once I maxed out his badges, it got boring really quick. I was forcing myself to play with him to grind rather than getting the enjoyment I did from him when I first started playing.

It depends whether you want to play for enjoyment, or to hit some arbitrary milestone.

It's more fun to try new builds, so after the early VC glitch, I generally play with one guy until I get enough VC to start up another.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
How you getting 65k-85k xp? I still think it's too long. You expect players to hit 99 and buy your next game next year?
Check out YouTube it’s a whole bunch of videos on how to get that much xp.

Basically, spam floaters, pick and rolls, alley oops and some other things. That’s if you want to focus on the grind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Realistically you're not going to do it. I had a pure slasher that I got to 92, but that's when the grind really ramps up another level, and once I maxed out his badges, it got boring really quick. I was forcing myself to play with him to grind rather than getting the enjoyment I did from him when I first started playing.

It depends whether you want to play for enjoyment, or to hit some arbitrary milestone.

It's more fun to try new builds, so after the early VC glitch, I generally play with one guy until I get enough VC to start up another.
I probably could have reached 97 on my first guy if I didn’t start a new player. I made a slashing playmaker and he wasn’t what I expected him to be.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k

Yeah I skipped a couple of 2k games, but I think this may really be my last 1. No point in playing if I can't get to 99. Most people say to just have fun....Well I'd really have fun if I had those upgraded badges.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:03 PM   #8
Rookie

Hustler79's Arena

The goal is that you become hopeless and impatient and start wiring some realll money in exchange for Virtual Currency ...good morning😴

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »